Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tigers New WITB?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
superputt
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Tigers New WITB? Empty
PostSubject: Tigers New WITB?   Tigers New WITB? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2014 11:46 am

Has anyone seen the new Tiger Woods 2015 WITB?  It caught my attention that he is using the Vapor Speed driver and not the Pro or the Flex version.   The sign that's he needs more forgiveness?  

Heres the link:
http://www.golfwrx.com/263215/tiger-woods-witb-2015/
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

Tigers New WITB? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tigers New WITB?   Tigers New WITB? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2014 12:21 pm

No body know exactly the spec of this new driver he is using except Nike staff and himself. The word Pro version is only a name. The new driver which Tiger is using is a prototype driver. This is specially designed and built for him. Once Nike launched it, Nike can name it whatever they want, e.g. Tour Pro version ... Bear in mind, his prototype driver is 420 CC with non-adjustable hosel which he prefers.  

Tiger involved in driving the design of the new Vapor Pro Blade Irons he is currently using.
Back to top Go down
superputt
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Tigers New WITB? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tigers New WITB?   Tigers New WITB? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2014 1:06 pm

Turbo wrote:
No body know exactly the spec of this new driver he is using except Nike staff and himself. The word Pro version is only a name. The new driver which Tiger is using is a prototype driver. This is specially designed and built for him. Once Nike launched it, Nike can name it whatever they want, e.g. Tour Pro version ... Bear in mind, his prototype driver is 420 CC with non-adjustable hosel which he prefers.  

Tiger involved in driving the design of the new Vapor Pro Blade Irons he is currently using.

I read before that Tiger involved in the design of Vapor Flex driver (with adjustable CG like BB alpha).  It's a 420cc head but it's funny that he is not using that model.
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

Tigers New WITB? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tigers New WITB?   Tigers New WITB? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2014 1:37 pm

superputt wrote:
Turbo wrote:

I read before that Tiger involved in the design of Vapor Flex driver (with adjustable CG like BB alpha).  It's a 420cc head but it's funny that he is not using that model.

Perhaps that is a commercial version ... The prototype version which Tiger is using may not be available in the marketplace ...
Back to top Go down
superputt
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Tigers New WITB? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tigers New WITB?   Tigers New WITB? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2014 1:43 pm

Turbo wrote:
superputt wrote:
Turbo wrote:

Perhaps that is a commercial version ... The prototype version which Tiger is using may not be available in the marketplace ...

I do understand it's the prototype.  But previously Tiger was using the Nike Covert Tour 2.0 prototype.  The difference is it's smaller 430cc and has a fixed hosel (not adjustable).  BTW it's still being called the Tour version and not the speed version like he's recently using.
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

Tigers New WITB? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tigers New WITB?   Tigers New WITB? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2014 1:47 pm

superputt wrote:
Turbo wrote:
superputt wrote:
Turbo wrote:

I do understand it's the prototype.  But previously Tiger was using the Nike Covert Tour 2.0 prototype.  The difference is it's smaller 430cc and has a fixed hosel (not adjustable).  BTW it's still being called the Tour version and not the speed version like he's recently using.

As I said, it is only a model name ... Manufacturers can call it whatever they want to bring up the commercial attractiveness of the club ... E.g. TM Tour Preferred version ...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tigers New WITB? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tigers New WITB?   Tigers New WITB? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tigers New WITB?
Page 1 of 1