Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tiger's new coach, Chris Como

Go down 
+6
jhan18
TDO
Technospaz
Duval_S
Turbo
eden
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
eden
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
eden

Tiger's new coach, Chris Como Empty
PostSubject: Tiger's new coach, Chris Como   Tiger's new coach, Chris Como I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2014 8:34 am

Tiger has appointed a new coach in Chris Como, all the best to the both of them and it would be interesting to see what he does for/to Tiger considering that Como is studying for his masters in biomechanics. 

http://www.golfchannel.com/news/golf-central-blog/woods-chooses-como-newest-swing-coach/
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Tiger's new coach, Chris Como   Tiger's new coach, Chris Como I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2014 11:31 am

A mature tour pro with such a gifted caliber like Tiger, actually he does not need  a swing coach ...
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Tiger's new coach, Chris Como   Tiger's new coach, Chris Como I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2014 7:09 am

Seems like the older tiger gets

The younger hos swing advisor / coach/consultant are
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Tiger's new coach, Chris Como   Tiger's new coach, Chris Como I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2014 7:43 am

Duval_S wrote:

I think Tiger should just go back to Butch.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Tiger's new coach, Chris Como   Tiger's new coach, Chris Como I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2014 7:43 am

Interesting stats/data here:

http://www.golfchannel.com/news/golf-central-blog/coach-speak-timeline-tigers-instructors/
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: Tiger's new coach, Chris Como   Tiger's new coach, Chris Como I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2014 8:06 am

Technospaz wrote:
Duval_S wrote:

According to some article, Butch said he will not coach TW again. And I think vice versa. Very Happy It will also be a matter of time that TW will change his caddie. SW wants to go back to TW, but will TW take him back? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Tiger's new coach, Chris Como   Tiger's new coach, Chris Como I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2014 11:18 am

Gary Player also expressed interest in coaching TW but for only one hour ... Laughing

http://www.golf.com/tour-and-news/gary-player-i-can-fix-tiger-woods-one-hour
Back to top Go down
jhan18
Playing Professional
Playing Professional
jhan18

PostSubject: Re: Tiger's new coach, Chris Como   Tiger's new coach, Chris Como I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2014 2:22 pm

Tiger has been leaning towards a 'biomechanics' golf coach since he split with foley. I was fortunate enough to spend time with Tim Suzor and Tony Morgan from K-Vest(guys who have had a big influence on players such as Brian Gay, Charles Howell III and David Toms) in Australia this year and Tim mentioned that Tiger spoke to Charles and Notah because he 'wanted to go down the road of biomechanics with his swing'  For those who don't know much about golf biomechanics, it's a coaching system based on efficiency and not just aesthetics in the swing. Which to me makes sense because with Como,Tiger is going to hopefully swing in a way that is more sustainable.

But of course we all know that Tiger as an amazing athlete. But for a man who has had that much repair done for his body...It's questionable whether any coach could take him to the heights of 2000 again (also the fields are getting stronger and stronger)
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Tiger's new coach, Chris Como   Tiger's new coach, Chris Como I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2014 2:34 pm

TDO wrote:
Technospaz wrote:
Duval_S wrote:

According to some article, Butch said he will not coach TW again. And I think vice versa. Very Happy It will also be a matter of time that TW will change his caddie. SW wants to go back to TW, but will TW take him back? Very Happy

I think that Tiger's arrogance got the better of him.

Anyway, it's too bad. I'm no longer optimistic about Tiger's future Sad
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Tiger's new coach, Chris Como   Tiger's new coach, Chris Como I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2014 2:37 pm

Technospaz wrote:
TDO wrote:
Technospaz wrote:
Duval_S wrote:

TW dislikes Butch Harmon because the latter talked too much about him without his prior consent ... That was one of the main reasons why they went separate way eventually ...
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Tiger's new coach, Chris Como   Tiger's new coach, Chris Como I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2014 2:45 pm

Turbo wrote:
Technospaz wrote:
TDO wrote:
Technospaz wrote:
Duval_S wrote:

TW dislikes Butch Harmon because the latter talked too much about him without his prior consent ... That was one of the main reasons why they went separate way eventually ...

Don't believe everything you read Wink
Back to top Go down
flashpacker
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Tiger's new coach, Chris Como   Tiger's new coach, Chris Como I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2014 3:25 pm

Como and his prof will offer new sexy perspectives.
Not sure how long that will last scratch
Back to top Go down
Daztasiumz
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Daztasiumz

PostSubject: Re: Tiger's new coach, Chris Como   Tiger's new coach, Chris Como I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2014 1:06 am

Turbo wrote:
A mature tour pro with such a gifted caliber like Tiger, actually he does not need  a swing coach ...

Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Tiger's new coach, Chris Como   Tiger's new coach, Chris Como I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2014 9:22 am

Daztasiumz wrote:
Turbo wrote:

When Sean Foley was asked what advice he could offer Chris Como? He replied - "... Enjoy the Tiger ride ..."

There is certainly some meaning behind this phrase ... You have to decipher between the lines ... Laughing
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: Tiger's new coach, Chris Como   Tiger's new coach, Chris Como I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2014 9:26 am

Turbo wrote:
Daztasiumz wrote:
Turbo wrote:

When Sean Foley was asked what advice he could offer Chris Como? He replied - "... Enjoy the Tiger ride ..."

There is certainly some meaning behind this phrase ... You have to decipher between the lines ... Laughing

Cheem statement from Sean. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Tiger's new coach, Chris Como   Tiger's new coach, Chris Como I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2014 9:35 am

TDO wrote:
Turbo wrote:
Daztasiumz wrote:
Turbo wrote:

Cheem statement from Sean. Laughing

Yes, pretty profound statement ... Read here if you're keen ...

http://www.golfchannel.com/news/jason-sobel/foleys-advice-como-enjoy-tiger-ride/
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: Tiger's new coach, Chris Como   Tiger's new coach, Chris Como I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2014 10:05 am

Actually, cannot entirely blame Sean for TW's dismal performance over the years. He is full of injuries during that period and not playing manying tournaments, except for 2013 where he won 5. So the problem is still TW, not anyone else. He can sack as and when he wishes because he's the boss. But actually, as employee, he can also sack the boss if he can foresee what's about to happen. Being a Star pupil will put a lot of stress on the teacher if the pupil cannot perform, never mind if it's the pupil's fault.
Back to top Go down
Daztasiumz
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Daztasiumz

PostSubject: Re: Tiger's new coach, Chris Como   Tiger's new coach, Chris Como I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2014 10:05 am

Yeah enjoy the ride

Same like what hank Haney wrote on the book the big miss
Back to top Go down
Daztasiumz
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Daztasiumz

PostSubject: Re: Tiger's new coach, Chris Como   Tiger's new coach, Chris Como I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2014 10:06 am

The rest of Sean's tudi did well mah
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Tiger's new coach, Chris Como   Tiger's new coach, Chris Como I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2014 10:44 am

Daztasiumz wrote:
Yeah enjoy the ride

Same like what hank Haney wrote on the book the big miss

TW actually won a few tourneys whilst under Sean's tutelage but only Majorless ...

Last edited by Turbo on Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:40 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: Tiger's new coach, Chris Como   Tiger's new coach, Chris Como I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2014 11:08 am

That's a Major problem for TW. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
flashpacker
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Tiger's new coach, Chris Como   Tiger's new coach, Chris Como I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2014 8:03 pm

Dont read too much into this.
TW's career went downhill after his wife kicked him out of the house.

Simple as that.
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Tiger's new coach, Chris Como   Tiger's new coach, Chris Como I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2014 8:09 pm

Daztasiumz wrote:
Quote :

What is Chris Como trying to advocate and prove by jumping off a diving platform whilst swinging a club simultaneously? scratch

I wonder if he is going to make TW performs a similar feat ... Not sure if the latter back can hold with this kinda G-Force ...  lol!

Last edited by Turbo on Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Tiger's new coach, Chris Como   Tiger's new coach, Chris Como I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2014 8:20 pm

Maybe his drive is as wild ...
Back to top Go down
Daztasiumz
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Daztasiumz

PostSubject: Re: Tiger's new coach, Chris Como   Tiger's new coach, Chris Como I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2014 10:16 pm

@ turbo 

Lucky it's from the pool and not from the fourth floor of MBGC range 

Any way he forgotten to start from his ground up release his hips lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tiger's new coach, Chris Como   Tiger's new coach, Chris Como I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tiger's new coach, Chris Como
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next