Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Driver: TM R9, Callaway Diablo or Cleveland Hibore Monster

Go down 
+9
TeD
nutty88
jaketang
Seiko
ralphlim
Technospaz
Gimson
Birdman
cyruz_s
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
cyruz_s
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
cyruz_s

Driver: TM R9, Callaway Diablo or Cleveland Hibore Monster Empty
PostSubject: Driver: TM R9, Callaway Diablo or Cleveland Hibore Monster   Driver: TM R9, Callaway Diablo or Cleveland Hibore Monster I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 12:19 am

any kind soul and help me weight pros and cons of these 3 drivers ? am planning to get one...

personally i prefer the TM R9 coz can adjust the angle but am still open to options....

cheers...
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: Driver: TM R9, Callaway Diablo or Cleveland Hibore Monster   Driver: TM R9, Callaway Diablo or Cleveland Hibore Monster I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 12:48 am

All are good drivers cyruz

Most conventional looking of the lot is the TM R9 which as you said, offers the advantage of adjustability. Shiniest face and sole of the lot.

Diable is the most weird looking. Face looks really closed at setup, and I believe it is, just not sure to how many degrees. If you already draw or hook the ball, this is not for you. The marketing for this is that if you want go long, get a Diablo.

Hibore Monster is VERY LOUD at impact, whole range can hear you! Not sure about the current model, but for generation one, people soon realised they had to tee lower or the ball tends to balloon. Best person to advise you on this club is our resident Cleveland expert Techospaz.

Calling TECHOSPAZ!!!
Back to top Go down
Gimson
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Gimson

PostSubject: Re: Driver: TM R9, Callaway Diablo or Cleveland Hibore Monster   Driver: TM R9, Callaway Diablo or Cleveland Hibore Monster I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 1:45 am

hey cyruz, if u wanna get the cleveland. Go www.golfio.com to get it. My fren got a XLS for ard 250sgd plus shipping. Its realiable, just that u have to wait ard 2wks+ for it to get shipped over. Real steal man, saw the xls at panwest selling at ard 399 if i din remember wrongly. It's quite easy t handle for the cleveland as compared to R9 460 and 909D2.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Driver: TM R9, Callaway Diablo or Cleveland Hibore Monster   Driver: TM R9, Callaway Diablo or Cleveland Hibore Monster I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 7:52 am

I've played the R9 and Monster XLS.

The R9 I tried was the 420cc version which I couldn't get used to. It was great to play when I hit it right but somehow, with the (slightly) smaller head, I just couldn't process my shots.

I now play the Monster XLS. It's a great driver and quite forgiving. It's also very long and like BM said, it's LOUD! What I will say is that I like the Monster XLS because I got the Draw version, rather than the standard version. The Draw version helps to cure my wayward power-fade (read "slice") shots. Also, because my driver is 9˚, the ball really runs.

As for buying the XLS, I got mine from 3balls.com. They go for about US$110-130 depending on quality and you pay about US$40 for shipping. So, the price comes up to about S$200-250 and shipping takes about 3-4 days Wink
Back to top Go down
ralphlim
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
ralphlim

PostSubject: Re: Driver: TM R9, Callaway Diablo or Cleveland Hibore Monster   Driver: TM R9, Callaway Diablo or Cleveland Hibore Monster I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 9:11 am

R9 is my bet....Birdman review is spot on...best thing i like about it is the 460 head, big and solid sound man.....i do agree the r9 adjusting of angles seem fun initially, i also kept playing around with it...

after a while, the thrill went off, and ever since it has been on Neutral.... hahaha... so much for Draw or Fades...
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Driver: TM R9, Callaway Diablo or Cleveland Hibore Monster   Driver: TM R9, Callaway Diablo or Cleveland Hibore Monster I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 10:02 am

Before you splurge on the R9, I would recommend taking a look at the multiple R9 variants out there, e.g. the R9 Max, R9 460, R9 Type E etc. If you prefer a bigger clubhead (since it can inspire more confidence off the tee), consider the 460 head options rather than the plain vanilla R9.
Back to top Go down
Seiko
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Seiko

PostSubject: Re: Driver: TM R9, Callaway Diablo or Cleveland Hibore Monster   Driver: TM R9, Callaway Diablo or Cleveland Hibore Monster I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 10:05 am

Just curious, I saw something driver is 10.5 & 9.5. Actually how do we know which degree is suitable for us?
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Driver: TM R9, Callaway Diablo or Cleveland Hibore Monster   Driver: TM R9, Callaway Diablo or Cleveland Hibore Monster I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 10:10 am

Seiko wrote:
Just curious, I saw something driver is 10.5 & 9.5. Actually how do we know which degree is suitable for us?

I think it boils down to your style of swing, swingspeed etc. The lower lofted drivers are traditionally more difficult to get into the air (i.e. launch) because of the loft. However, technology these days has improved so much that I think most people can handle a lower lofted driver. I've tried drivers from 8.5 to 11, and I'm now playing a 9 driver which if I hit it well (and that doesn't happen too often), I get great flight and decent distance.
Back to top Go down
Seiko
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Seiko

PostSubject: Re: Driver: TM R9, Callaway Diablo or Cleveland Hibore Monster   Driver: TM R9, Callaway Diablo or Cleveland Hibore Monster I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 10:19 am

I had tried both my friend's Hibore XL and R7 Draw drawer. Hibore give me a better distance but R7 is more straight less distance. I was thinking sld i buy the R7 driver from him or get myself a Hibore draw?
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Driver: TM R9, Callaway Diablo or Cleveland Hibore Monster   Driver: TM R9, Callaway Diablo or Cleveland Hibore Monster I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 10:26 am

Do you have a problem with power-fades/slices? If you do, draw drivers aren't too bad a solution but really, the fault of the issue requires a swing evaluation. Draw drivers are a quick but not long-term solution.

BTW, the Callaway Diablo also comes in a draw variant Smile
Back to top Go down
Seiko
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Seiko

PostSubject: Re: Driver: TM R9, Callaway Diablo or Cleveland Hibore Monster   Driver: TM R9, Callaway Diablo or Cleveland Hibore Monster I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 10:30 am

I slice very seriously. I prefer Draw drawer.

Yes I saw some promotion on Callaway FTi draw driver only at $159!!!
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Driver: TM R9, Callaway Diablo or Cleveland Hibore Monster   Driver: TM R9, Callaway Diablo or Cleveland Hibore Monster I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 10:32 am

Seiko wrote:
I slice very seriously. I prefer Draw drawer.

Yes I saw some promotion on Callaway FTi draw driver only at $159!!!

Are you sure that's for the driver and not the FWs?
Back to top Go down
Seiko
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Seiko

PostSubject: Re: Driver: TM R9, Callaway Diablo or Cleveland Hibore Monster   Driver: TM R9, Callaway Diablo or Cleveland Hibore Monster I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 10:40 am

What is FWs? I'm quite sure its FTi driver cos the shape is quite unique and I was standing there for quite long thinking whether to get it now or what. I also saw some used FTi driver selling at $129.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Driver: TM R9, Callaway Diablo or Cleveland Hibore Monster   Driver: TM R9, Callaway Diablo or Cleveland Hibore Monster I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 10:47 am

FW = fairway woods.
Back to top Go down
jaketang
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Driver: TM R9, Callaway Diablo or Cleveland Hibore Monster   Driver: TM R9, Callaway Diablo or Cleveland Hibore Monster I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 10:51 am

i feel rather then letting the adver, frens, etc to tell you which driver is better, why not u try them out yrself...

what works for others doesn't necessary works for you. i believe it is very important that you yrself feels comfortable with the equipment.

jmho....
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Driver: TM R9, Callaway Diablo or Cleveland Hibore Monster   Driver: TM R9, Callaway Diablo or Cleveland Hibore Monster I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 10:51 am

jaketang wrote:
i feel rather then letting the adver, frens, etc to tell you which driver is better, why not u try them out yrself...

what works for others doesn't necessary works for you. i believe it is very important that you yrself feels comfortable with the equipment.

jmho....

Good point!
Back to top Go down
nutty88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
nutty88

PostSubject: Re: Driver: TM R9, Callaway Diablo or Cleveland Hibore Monster   Driver: TM R9, Callaway Diablo or Cleveland Hibore Monster I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 11:01 am

For XLS driver, it is better to get a less lofted one because it launches the ball really high.
Back to top Go down
TeD
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Driver: TM R9, Callaway Diablo or Cleveland Hibore Monster   Driver: TM R9, Callaway Diablo or Cleveland Hibore Monster I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 11:16 am

Gimson wrote:
hey cyruz, if u wanna get the cleveland. Go www.golfio.com to get it. My fren got a XLS for ard 250sgd plus shipping. Its realiable, just that u have to wait ard 2wks+ for it to get shipped over. Real steal man, saw the xls at panwest selling at ard 399 if i din remember wrongly. It's quite easy t handle for the cleveland as compared to R9 460 and 909D2.

Do they shipped to sillypore? any guildlines for the charges?
Back to top Go down
Gimson
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Gimson

PostSubject: Re: Driver: TM R9, Callaway Diablo or Cleveland Hibore Monster   Driver: TM R9, Callaway Diablo or Cleveland Hibore Monster I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 1:43 pm

Yes Ted, my fren just gotten it from there like 3 wks ago. Saw the driver, seems authentic(with cleveland sticker on the yellow fujikura shaft). Guess the price of cleveland is somehow been jacked up in SG. A few weeks back the CG14 and 12 were selling at 75usd during thanksgiving vs ard 180 in singapore. Charges wise, it shld be ard 50sgd to ship ur driver over. Gotta check with the store..
Back to top Go down
Gimson
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Gimson

PostSubject: Re: Driver: TM R9, Callaway Diablo or Cleveland Hibore Monster   Driver: TM R9, Callaway Diablo or Cleveland Hibore Monster I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 1:47 pm

Hey Ted, u might want to checkout their package deal. Quite worth it if i din remember wrongly. They got like R9 460 bundled with a R9 woods and hybrid. Selling at ard 450usd. Quite cheap imo, as i gotten my R9 at 449 in sg..
Back to top Go down
cyruz_s
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
cyruz_s

PostSubject: Re: Driver: TM R9, Callaway Diablo or Cleveland Hibore Monster   Driver: TM R9, Callaway Diablo or Cleveland Hibore Monster I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 7:33 pm

Gimson, you got yr driver R9 460 at 449 ? can share from where ?

I called Golf Hse at Suntec today and they told me only got the stiff shaft left... am looking for a Reg shaft...
Back to top Go down
cyruz_s
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
cyruz_s

PostSubject: Re: Driver: TM R9, Callaway Diablo or Cleveland Hibore Monster   Driver: TM R9, Callaway Diablo or Cleveland Hibore Monster I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 7:35 pm

anyways, thanks to all the brothers and friends w yr insightful advice..

have decided to get the R9 460, Reg shaft @ 9.5Degrees... Suntec quoted me at 449 after discount.. so it's pretty ok.

now, need to find it..
Back to top Go down
sebastianlim
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Driver: TM R9, Callaway Diablo or Cleveland Hibore Monster   Driver: TM R9, Callaway Diablo or Cleveland Hibore Monster I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 8:21 pm

erm this 449 price is quite common,

go far east at least 2 shops with that same price..

there is 1 time where it goes $389. missed that Sad
Back to top Go down
TheFocalPoint
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
TheFocalPoint

PostSubject: Re: Driver: TM R9, Callaway Diablo or Cleveland Hibore Monster   Driver: TM R9, Callaway Diablo or Cleveland Hibore Monster I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 9:47 pm

I went to Singpost Centre to collect my new toy today...
much loved.. much respected..

R9 TP 9.5 w/Stiff Motore F1 65 Shaft, and the best part, the TP headcover... woohoooo!

Immediately went to range to tweak to the correct settings and changed to the Golf Pride MC Grip.. done!

I won't reveal the price here cuz those who just bought their R9s might kill me.. ahhahahhahaa..... PM me if u wanna know how much i paid for it ALTOGETHER... Smile hiak hiak
Back to top Go down
Gimson
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Gimson

PostSubject: Re: Driver: TM R9, Callaway Diablo or Cleveland Hibore Monster   Driver: TM R9, Callaway Diablo or Cleveland Hibore Monster I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 10:43 pm

I bought it from golf and leisure at far east. Try to pay by cash and ask for more discount! Guess u shld be able to get it at ard 400 now
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Driver: TM R9, Callaway Diablo or Cleveland Hibore Monster   Driver: TM R9, Callaway Diablo or Cleveland Hibore Monster I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Driver: TM R9, Callaway Diablo or Cleveland Hibore Monster
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next