Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Have you ever watch your ball spin back?

Go down 
+10
Winston
willytan
Doraemon
Golf noob
TaylorMadeKL
Batman
Turbo
rlhk
pug
TDO
14 posters
AuthorMessage
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

Have you ever watch your ball spin back? Empty
PostSubject: Have you ever watch your ball spin back?   Have you ever watch your ball spin back? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2014 11:16 am

Have you ever watch your ball spin back after the shot?

I did once while playing in Kukup something like 10 years ago. I was hitting from the sand bunker at Hole 2 from White Tee which is a short Par 4. My tee shot landed in the left bunker which is about 30, away. Using my 52sandwedge I unintentionally hit it past the green and saw it spin back about 12' to 15' with about 6' left for putting. I made the birdie putt. That was one of the most satisfying shot I even hit. Very Happy

Last edited by TDO on Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
pug
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
pug

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever watch your ball spin back?   Have you ever watch your ball spin back? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2014 11:21 am

Some pro told me that the greens must be in the right condition: fast enough and soft enough. Singapore greens tend to be slower and difficult to get the ball to spin back.
Back to top Go down
rlhk
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever watch your ball spin back?   Have you ever watch your ball spin back? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2014 11:26 am

i heard from someone said, if u cant even reach the pin, why do u want to back spin?
anyway, i will be very happy when my ball stop any where near the pin and i get a gimme.
yes, the feeling is great when seeing own ball spin and stop near the pin.
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever watch your ball spin back?   Have you ever watch your ball spin back? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2014 11:56 am

It is a matter of the type of ball used (e.g. ProV1x), golfer skill (i.e. high speed and ability to cut the space between the area where the ball contact the turf) and the green condition (i.e. fast and soft green) is in almost ideal condition ...
Back to top Go down
Batman
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever watch your ball spin back?   Have you ever watch your ball spin back? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2014 1:23 pm

i prefer stop ball than screw tarik Beer
Back to top Go down
TaylorMadeKL
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
TaylorMadeKL

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever watch your ball spin back?   Have you ever watch your ball spin back? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2014 1:24 pm

I drive the ball and see the ball spin back in the air like a boomerang counted?
Back to top Go down
Golf noob
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Golf noob

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever watch your ball spin back?   Have you ever watch your ball spin back? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2014 2:13 pm

It's always some solid shot in games that makes me remember always and motivate me to the game...forget about all the duff,fat.thin shots...
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever watch your ball spin back?   Have you ever watch your ball spin back? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2014 2:44 pm

Golf noob wrote:
It's always some solid shot in games that makes me remember always and motivate me to the game...forget about all the duff,fat.thin shots...
That's exactly right @ Golf noob. That's also the reason why we keep coming back for more despite the bad shots and game we had that some of us experience. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Golf noob
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Golf noob

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever watch your ball spin back?   Have you ever watch your ball spin back? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2014 3:47 pm

TDO wrote:
Golf noob wrote:
That's exactly right @ Golf noob. That's also the reason why we keep coming back for more despite the bad shots and game we had that some of us experience. Very Happy
Warning,This poison is very contagious  Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Doraemon
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Doraemon

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever watch your ball spin back?   Have you ever watch your ball spin back? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2014 4:23 pm

Someone ever mention to me that if you want the ball to back spin on green, the ball needs at least 12,000rpm.
I can only achieve 7,000rpm on my 56/14 SW. Still very far away from getting a backspin...
Then again, to achieve better distance on your Driver, you got to keep your spin rate at <2,500rpm.
If you can achieve 12,000rpm on your SW, you may also lose distance on your SW...
Hum.... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
willytan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
willytan

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever watch your ball spin back?   Have you ever watch your ball spin back? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2014 4:50 pm

Totally back spinned on the info.
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever watch your ball spin back?   Have you ever watch your ball spin back? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2014 5:39 pm

Doraemon wrote:
Someone ever mention to me that if you want the ball to back spin on green, the ball needs at least 12,000rpm.
I can only achieve 7,000rpm on my 56/14 SW. Still very far away from getting a backspin...
Then again, to achieve better distance on your Driver, you got to keep your spin rate at <2,500rpm.
If you can achieve 12,000rpm on your SW, you may also lose distance on your SW...
Eh bro Doraemon, how to measure 12,000rpm or 7,000rpm for that matter har? But then again, isn't the driver spin rate and sw spinning different? This one quite cheem...Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Winston
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Winston

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever watch your ball spin back?   Have you ever watch your ball spin back? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2014 6:29 pm

Ball hit the slope on the green and roll back down considered as spin back?????

jokes aside, I have only managed to get the ball to land and bounce forward at best 2-3ft from the pitch mark which is more than good enough for me considering how bad my golf is....
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever watch your ball spin back?   Have you ever watch your ball spin back? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2014 7:18 pm

May or may not be happy with the spin back.

If kena red pin...ball lands near pin and spins out of the green.
You will be cursing.

Anyway for the spin rate numbers, can always get it from trackman.
Mine for sand wedge ranges from 9000 to 10500.
Good enough for stopping and at times, depending on green, spin back too.
Back to top Go down
Nam Flog
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever watch your ball spin back?   Have you ever watch your ball spin back? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2014 7:56 pm

Speaking for myself, never seen it roll back before. But at JCC executive course hole 2, tee with a 8i, saw my ball drop and stop.

Then when reach the green to repair my pitch mark, saw the ball is behind the pitch mark by about half a feet. Smile

Trackman says my 7i with nspro shaft is in excess of 8000rpm spin. Losing distance according to Atiq.
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever watch your ball spin back?   Have you ever watch your ball spin back? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2014 11:26 pm

TDO wrote:
Doraemon wrote:
  .... But then again, isn't the driver spin rate and sw spinning different? This one quite cheem...Very Happy
Of course the spin rate generated by a wedge is different from a driver even if the golfer "could" hit both clubs at the same speed ... The reasons are because a wedge has more loft, have deep grooves, shaft & head materials are different and the AoA of a wedge is very negative ...
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever watch your ball spin back?   Have you ever watch your ball spin back? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2014 5:02 pm

Haiz.. most of the time my ball spin back leh. Ooops...sorry to mention that that always happened with my driver ya? Always see pitch mark about 1/2 -1 ft in front of ball. So am I good or what? On the green? Neverrrr... My driving distance is 179m. After the spin back of course Embarassed
Back to top Go down
pug
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
pug

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever watch your ball spin back?   Have you ever watch your ball spin back? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2014 5:28 pm

Back to top Go down
fking_soon
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever watch your ball spin back?   Have you ever watch your ball spin back? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2014 4:42 pm

hi, 

I thought by punching inward usually the ball very have back spin, with the soft and slow green in SG it is difficult. i see my ball do that more often i am play in shanghai and France when i join my friend for golf.
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever watch your ball spin back?   Have you ever watch your ball spin back? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2014 4:50 pm

I watched my flightmate's ball spin back from his pitch shot from about 60m landed past the hole about 12' and spun back to only 5'. He made the birdie. Wow! Shocked I love watching such wonderful shots, if only I have the ability.  Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever watch your ball spin back?   Have you ever watch your ball spin back? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Have you ever watch your ball spin back?
Page 1 of 1