Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Southlinks, Batam

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ooniik
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Southlinks, Batam Empty
PostSubject: Southlinks, Batam   Southlinks, Batam I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 7:07 am

hi,

Considering playing Southlinks in Batam.
Appreciate any FR from fellow golfers.

many thanks in advance.

Other courses I have played in Batam:

- Palm Springs
- Tering Bay
- Indah Puri
Back to top Go down
TheFocalPoint
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
TheFocalPoint

Southlinks, Batam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Southlinks, Batam   Southlinks, Batam I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 7:48 am

Considering I'm the Batam 'Stay & Play' king (Opus calls me that), I'll try to give you a FR.

I think of all that you played (I played all the Batam courses), Southlinks has to be the most challenging and well maintained course on the Island. The Par 3s are VERY mean, with 3 of them averaging about 190 - 200m from the Blue Tees. Definitely not an easy course by any means, and if you come back with a score of about 95 and below, you've done pretty well.. Smile

In terms of quality of course, i'd rate it a 8.5 out of 10.
Batam Hills though, gets my vote at 9 out of 10.

Have fun Smile
Back to top Go down
ooniik
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Southlinks, Batam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Southlinks, Batam   Southlinks, Batam I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 7:59 am

TheFocalPoint wrote:
Considering I'm the Batam 'Stay & Play' king (Opus calls me that), I'll try to give you a FR.

I think of all that you played (I played all the Batam courses), Southlinks has to be the most challenging and well maintained course on the Island. The Par 3s are VERY mean, with 3 of them averaging about 190 - 200m from the Blue Tees. Definitely not an easy course by any means, and if you come back with a score of about 95 and below, you've done pretty well.. Smile

In terms of quality of course, i'd rate it a 8.5 out of 10.
Batam Hills though, gets my vote at 9 out of 10.

Have fun Smile

Thanks S&P King Very Happy
Will try and book this weekend...

You mentioned stay and play... where do you normally stay? Any recommendations?

And definitely will try Batam Hills one day.... heard many good reviews on it... and it with cow grass I believe....
Back to top Go down
damienwah
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Southlinks, Batam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Southlinks, Batam   Southlinks, Batam I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 4:13 pm

hi oon, you can checkout harris resort .. they have quite gd packages at times ..

i'm goin this thurs and fri for a game at southlink.

for a nights stay .. breakfast,golf ,3h spa and ferry, they quoted me $216. Thought it was a gd deal .. what do u think ?
Back to top Go down
olivewine
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
olivewine

Southlinks, Batam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Southlinks, Batam   Southlinks, Batam I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 9:06 pm

Hi damienwah, you mean harris resort has stay and play packages?
Back to top Go down
damienwah
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Southlinks, Batam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Southlinks, Batam   Southlinks, Batam I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 10:39 pm

hey yeah .. haha just call me damien .. the agent sent me the packages .. do you have other resorts for comparison ?

it's my first time staying at harris but from what my friends tell me .. heard its not bad .. they'll be providing me transport to the golf course .. and even to the city centre for shopping.
Back to top Go down
damienwah
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Southlinks, Batam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Southlinks, Batam   Southlinks, Batam I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 10:40 pm

oh yeah let me know if you wanna have a look at the packages .. got a fresh soft copy ..
Back to top Go down
olivewine
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
olivewine

Southlinks, Batam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Southlinks, Batam   Southlinks, Batam I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 9:32 pm

hi damien, thanks! and my name's weetiong. Very Happy how's your game?

the only other stay and play package i know is from palm springs. one of the GRian pointed me to yuji golf at river valley for batam hills contacts. will check it out next week..

can u please email me the harris package to: teoweetiong@gmail.com

thanks!!!
Back to top Go down
damienwah
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Southlinks, Batam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Southlinks, Batam   Southlinks, Batam I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 1:43 am

Haha it was great .. challenging course .. really hot though .. yeah i heard batam hills is good too ..
Back to top Go down
damienwah
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Southlinks, Batam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Southlinks, Batam   Southlinks, Batam I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 1:43 pm

hey weetiong .. gone to batam yet ?
Back to top Go down
olivewine
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
olivewine

Southlinks, Batam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Southlinks, Batam   Southlinks, Batam I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 10:18 pm

unfortunately no.... Sad

got to find time from work. hopefully before end mar...
Back to top Go down
damienwah
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Southlinks, Batam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Southlinks, Batam   Southlinks, Batam I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 11:42 pm

oh well but do make sure that the package is valid ya =) .. by the way what are the charges for palm springs llike ?
Back to top Go down
hwdq
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Southlinks, Batam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Southlinks, Batam   Southlinks, Batam I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 4:18 pm

Hi,

Havent been to Southlinks before, heard good feedbacks. I would like to give a try. Wondering if any bro knows there is any promotion package avail.

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Southlinks, Batam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Southlinks, Batam   Southlinks, Batam I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Southlinks, Batam
Page 1 of 1