Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Golf Handicap

Go down 
+7
weesern
Khorkar
porkycurry
andrewlee
Technospaz
lennylim
Steffan
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Steffan
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Golf Handicap Empty
PostSubject: Golf Handicap   Golf Handicap I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 6:29 pm

Recently had a round of golf game and ended discussion with some helpful members here in regards to attaining a handicap card. Any best recommandation for receiving and maintanence of a handicap card in singapore? My brother suggested i sign up AA member which they offer to maintanence your HI with an annual fees of not more than 100 a year. Well, exclude your aa membership!
Back to top Go down
lennylim
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
lennylim

Golf Handicap Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf Handicap   Golf Handicap I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 9:11 pm

Try MyGolfKaki... its $160 per yr
but you need to be a NTUC union member for $9 per month
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

Golf Handicap Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf Handicap   Golf Handicap I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 9:13 pm

Or Society of Singapore Golfers (SSG) but you'll need to take part in their events (e.g. monthly medals) etc to continue to have your HC maintained.
Back to top Go down
andrewlee
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
andrewlee

Golf Handicap Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf Handicap   Golf Handicap I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 9:37 pm

Technospaz wrote:
Or Society of Singapore Golfers (SSG) but you'll need to take part in their events (e.g. monthly medals) etc to continue to have your HC maintained.

Agreed... they are the cheapest for HC maintenance...... Swing

http://singaporegolfers.org/index.html
Back to top Go down
porkycurry
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
porkycurry

Golf Handicap Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf Handicap   Golf Handicap I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 11:12 pm

Or join NSRCC Beer
Back to top Go down
Steffan
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Golf Handicap Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf Handicap   Golf Handicap I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 12:03 pm

Thanks for all of your input. I juz visited AAS earlier, they are offering less than $250 for 5 years membership. In additional, you will paid about 40plus per year to be aagn (golf network) member and 3.60 per month for maintanence of HI.
MY KaKi is out being i need to be a union member. While earlier on also check on society of singapore golfer but apparently, they only approve application who are refer by members.
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

Golf Handicap Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf Handicap   Golf Handicap I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 12:09 pm

Not too worry, it will not be an issue, they will post your name into website and granted that you do not have any back record, it will be approved. When I applied to be member, I didnt have one either.

Be quick though, the next handicap workshop and courtesy round is in mid August.
Back to top Go down
weesern
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
weesern

Golf Handicap Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf Handicap   Golf Handicap I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 1:32 pm

Steffan wrote:
Thanks for all of your input. I juz visited AAS earlier, they are offering less than $250 for 5 years membership. In additional, you will paid about 40plus per year to be aagn (golf network) member and 3.60 per month for maintanence of HI.
MY KaKi is out being i need to be a union member. While earlier on also check on society of singapore golfer but apparently, they only approve application who are refer by members.

does it mean I have to pay $250 for AA membership then pay about 80+ a year for the golf network??
Back to top Go down
Steffan
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Golf Handicap Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf Handicap   Golf Handicap I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 2:08 pm

weesern wrote:
Steffan wrote:

does it mean I have to pay $250 for AA membership then pay about 80+ a year for the golf network??

Consider for 5 years term which they charge $528 for aagn membership, CR for HI test and maintenance of HI plus, they will throw in a golf bag to you.
SSG will be conducting their workshop and CR soon while AAGN will have their CR by end July @ Sembawang GC.

I still putting on hold since i couldnt decide which one to sign up... SSG or AAGN.
Back to top Go down
Steffan
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Golf Handicap Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf Handicap   Golf Handicap I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 7:36 pm

Khorkar wrote:
Not too worry, it will not be an issue, they will post your name into website and granted that you do not have any back record, it will be approved. When I applied to be member, I didnt have one either.

Be quick though, the next handicap workshop and courtesy round is in mid August.

Any idea how much is their CR and HI workshop??
Back to top Go down
jtek
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

Golf Handicap Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf Handicap   Golf Handicap I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 12:19 am

Check this out too...

http://www.lifestylz.com.sg/mygolfclub/join.htm
Back to top Go down
watermyforrest
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
watermyforrest

Golf Handicap Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf Handicap   Golf Handicap I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 6:10 am

I think MyGolfKaki is still the cheapest since it includes the golf insurance which cost around $80 a year. Pls correct me if I am wrong here....
Back to top Go down
grooveballer
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
grooveballer

Golf Handicap Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf Handicap   Golf Handicap I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 6:21 am

i think the golf insurance offered by mygolfkaki is the one from ntuc, which is about $50. probably the best deal in the local market. but aagn will be offering golf insurance packages soon.
Back to top Go down
Steffan
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Golf Handicap Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf Handicap   Golf Handicap I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 9:45 pm

Finally completed my 5 x 18 hole score cards. Pending for registration on my CR. AAS conduct their CR every Monday, suppose is much easier to register with them...
Back to top Go down
clarencekim
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
clarencekim

Golf Handicap Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf Handicap   Golf Handicap I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 12:57 pm

Finally completed my 5 x 18 hole score cards.

Congrats!

cheers
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

Golf Handicap Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf Handicap   Golf Handicap I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 1:26 pm

Steffan wrote:
Finally completed my 5 x 18 hole score cards. Pending for registration on my CR. AAS conduct their CR every Monday, suppose is much easier to register with them...

Well done, bro!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Golf Handicap Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf Handicap   Golf Handicap I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Golf Handicap
Page 1 of 1