Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

DAGWOOD Golf: "James" Canvas Golf Shoe

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
18underPar
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
18underPar

DAGWOOD Golf: "James" Canvas Golf Shoe Empty
PostSubject: DAGWOOD Golf: "James" Canvas Golf Shoe   DAGWOOD Golf: "James" Canvas Golf Shoe I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2014 12:31 am

DAGWOOD Golf: "James" Canvas Golf Shoe Dagwood-161

Hey everyone. Just thought we'd share our experience with these spikeless golf shoes. You may not have heard of DAGWOOD GOLF (http://www.dagwoodgolf.com), but they're an up and coming golf & lifestyle brand in Europe (based in Berlin). They don't just offer shoes, but golf bags, accessories and more.

This model ("James") is made of a waterproof canvas with a pure rubber outsole. Very sturdy and easy to clean material; and the rubber outsole provided some of the best grip we've felt on the golf course in dry AND wet conditions, as well as hilly and uneven lies. The insole is lined with an antibacterial leather, very soft and makes the shoe one of the most comfortable we've ever worn.

It's a very stylish golf shoe--you can definitely wear these on and OFF the golf course! We find ourselves wearing them a lot even as we go out for errands.

Any thoughts on these golf shoes? First impressions? Check out the rest of our article on DAGWOOD GOLF and the James Canvas Golf shoe below:

http://www.eighteenunderpar.com/blog/2014/06/18/james-dagwood-golf/

DAGWOOD Golf: "James" Canvas Golf Shoe Dagwood-181

DAGWOOD Golf: "James" Canvas Golf Shoe Dagwood-15
Back to top Go down
http://www.EighteenUnderPar.com
akhild
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
akhild

PostSubject: Re: DAGWOOD Golf: "James" Canvas Golf Shoe   DAGWOOD Golf: "James" Canvas Golf Shoe I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2014 11:00 am

look is nice.. do spikeless work? 
im just scared every time i step onto the course i will have to justify to the Marshall that these are actually golf shoes..
Back to top Go down
haragolfer
Caddy
Caddy
haragolfer

PostSubject: Re: DAGWOOD Golf: "James" Canvas Golf Shoe   DAGWOOD Golf: "James" Canvas Golf Shoe I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2014 11:17 am

akhild wrote:
look is nice.. do spikeless work? 
im just scared every time i step onto the course i will have to justify to the Marshall that these are actually golf shoes..

spikeless work well. 

exceedingly well for me, to the point I only buy spikeless now.  There is more grip with spikes sure, but my golf is not that violent to need so much grip.  if its good enough for pga tour pros, its good enough for me. 

there was a post a while ago, I remember a thread about using soccer AstroTurf shoes to play.  I have seen a few very good golfers wear them too.

personally,  I have even worn hiking shoes to play, and I can even say they are more comfy than some golf shoes.  

but thats just me, and the anti establishment hippy in me forces me to de-construct what major companies want to market to us as bullshit.   like how Nike used to tell us cushioning is good for you blah blah.............
Back to top Go down
akhild
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
akhild

PostSubject: Re: DAGWOOD Golf: "James" Canvas Golf Shoe   DAGWOOD Golf: "James" Canvas Golf Shoe I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2014 11:19 am

Thanks haragolfer.
Any issues you faced on the course justifying spikeless as real golf shoes?
Back to top Go down
haragolfer
Caddy
Caddy
haragolfer

PostSubject: Re: DAGWOOD Golf: "James" Canvas Golf Shoe   DAGWOOD Golf: "James" Canvas Golf Shoe I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2014 11:57 am

akhild wrote:
Thanks haragolfer.
Any issues you faced on the course justifying spikeless as real golf shoes?

Not even once was i asked.  in 10 years.  i have even golfed in converse sneakers, not recommended, grip is not existent, still no questions asked.  

do not quote me on the sneakers bit please, that was irresponsible of me, but the spikeless shoes have an added benefit of leaving less damage on the grass we play on.  Even less damage than soft spikes.
Back to top Go down
18underPar
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
18underPar

PostSubject: Re: DAGWOOD Golf: "James" Canvas Golf Shoe   DAGWOOD Golf: "James" Canvas Golf Shoe I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2014 12:06 am

This was our first experience with spikeless golf shoes and we had the same reservations as well... Was afraid that the spikeless sole wouldn't provide enough grip, especially in wet and hilly conditions that we see pretty regularly in Vancouver.

But when we did test out the Dagwood Golf JAMES golf shoe, it was actually one of the best shoes in terms of grip that we've played. The solid rubber construction of the outsole with the star shaped grip knobs on the sole were very surprising and worked very very well. No slipping and kept balance throughout entire swing.

Spikeless shoes in general are great alternatives if you don't want to bring an extra pair of shoes around with you and just want to throw something on and go play/practice Smile We use to be SPIKES ONLY type of guys, but this pair of Dagwood Golf JAMES changed our minds. Very convenient and provided just as much grip as some of our previous spiked golf shoes.

But definitely don't play in sneakers like Converse or anything else, those probably won't help very much, lol Smile
Back to top Go down
junhao.ong
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
junhao.ong

PostSubject: Re: DAGWOOD Golf: "James" Canvas Golf Shoe   DAGWOOD Golf: "James" Canvas Golf Shoe I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2014 9:07 pm

just dropped them a mail.. they currently do not have any distributors in Singapore..  Sad
Back to top Go down
haragolfer
Caddy
Caddy
haragolfer

PostSubject: Re: DAGWOOD Golf: "James" Canvas Golf Shoe   DAGWOOD Golf: "James" Canvas Golf Shoe I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2014 9:30 pm

has anyone checked out their golf bags yet!  gorgeous!
Back to top Go down
18underPar
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
18underPar

PostSubject: Re: DAGWOOD Golf: "James" Canvas Golf Shoe   DAGWOOD Golf: "James" Canvas Golf Shoe I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2014 11:43 pm

haragolfer wrote:
has anyone checked out their golf bags yet!  gorgeous!

Their bags are amazing!! Everything is very top notch and high quality from them to be honest. Here is a very nice review on the DAGWOOD Braid Golf Bag:

http://freshgolfreviews.com/dagwood-braid-golf-bag/

What really caught our attention with DAGWOOD was their original product, their premium leather golf glove. They produced a very nice product video showing the manufacturing process and it was unbelievable. Not sure how to embed a vimeo video here, but you can watch that video here:

http://www.eighteenunderpar.com/blog/2013/01/21/dagwood-premium-golf-gloves/

junhao.ong wrote:
just dropped them a mail.. they currently do not have any distributors in Singapore..  Sad

Since they're still starting up as a company, looks like the only way to purchase their items would be through their web store, that's what we did! No distributors in Canada yet either. We have seen on social media that they have had pop-up stores here and there around Berlin though!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DAGWOOD Golf: "James" Canvas Golf Shoe   DAGWOOD Golf: "James" Canvas Golf Shoe I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DAGWOOD Golf: "James" Canvas Golf Shoe
Page 1 of 1