Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lijiang, Yunnan Jade Dragon Snow Mountain Golf Club

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
lokey
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Lijiang, Yunnan Jade Dragon Snow Mountain Golf Club Empty
PostSubject: Lijiang, Yunnan Jade Dragon Snow Mountain Golf Club   Lijiang, Yunnan Jade Dragon Snow Mountain Golf Club I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2014 4:56 pm

Hi All,

New to this forum, but would like to share, some memorable golf buddy trips. Lijiang, Yunnan Province China. 3100m alttitde. Jade Dragon Snow Mountain Golf Club. A must play on the bucket list. Best time to go is during summer to autumn. May-Sep. Temperature all year round is cool BUT Winter is sub-zero. Avoid Dec, Jan and Feb.

Absolutely, worth it. Have you seen your ball hang for a long long long long time? 700yrd par 5 signature hole. You can get there by China Eastern Air via Kunming, another must go destination.

Try it or regret.

cheers, and Happy golfing.

Loke
Back to top Go down
jmchan
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Lijiang, Yunnan Jade Dragon Snow Mountain Golf Club   Lijiang, Yunnan Jade Dragon Snow Mountain Golf Club I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2014 5:11 pm

Played there before. The only problem with the high altitude is the air is thin - can be quite tiring plus the grass don't grow well. So don't expect lush fairways or greens but still a very nice experience.

Tiger Airways now flies to Lijiang directly.
Back to top Go down
Nam Flog
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Lijiang, Yunnan Jade Dragon Snow Mountain Golf Club   Lijiang, Yunnan Jade Dragon Snow Mountain Golf Club I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2014 5:29 pm

Just played there last month.

Thin air and can drive 300m at that altitude.

Conditions a little disappointing as winter just finished.

Caddy say Guinness book of record for longest hole in the world at 700yard. Don't know try to not.
Back to top Go down
asidbyrne
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Lijiang, Yunnan Jade Dragon Snow Mountain Golf Club   Lijiang, Yunnan Jade Dragon Snow Mountain Golf Club I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2014 3:30 pm

Played there a year or so back in August. Very lush at that time. But it was a little cold though the thin air and associated longer drive was nice. Add to that while we were playing, the show by Zhang Yimou was going on. So very ethereal feel with the open air singing and cold breeze. I remember there was an interesting 400 yd par 4 dogleg from an elevated tee which if you took the tiger line you could almost get on in one. I almost managed to get it on so doing this so working backwards almost a 350yd drive which I don't think i'll ever do again in my life.

It a great exeprience with while the course itself is not terribly interesting, its location and ambience is surely one of the most unique. I am def happy to have played but with the transport connections meaning a transit  flight there and only 2 notable courses to play, I am unlikely to go back again.
Back to top Go down
golferx
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
golferx

PostSubject: Re: Lijiang, Yunnan Jade Dragon Snow Mountain Golf Club   Lijiang, Yunnan Jade Dragon Snow Mountain Golf Club I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2014 4:55 pm

May i check other than good golf course over Lijiang, any other interesting place to visit , esp at night ? Thinking to go for 4-5 days but i am worry no other things can happen except golf.
Back to top Go down
asidbyrne
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Lijiang, Yunnan Jade Dragon Snow Mountain Golf Club   Lijiang, Yunnan Jade Dragon Snow Mountain Golf Club I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2014 5:16 pm

golferx wrote:
May i check other than good golf course over Lijiang, any other interesting place to visit , esp at night ? Thinking to go for 4-5 days but i am worry no other things can happen except golf.

Myself I combined  2D1N in Lijiang and another 3D2N in Kunming. 
The ancient town was quite nice to walk around though I understand there was a serious fire that broke out there and took out a part of it. Otherwise its a good way to spend a whole evening walking through and having dinner.

http://www.chinahighlights.com/lijiang/attraction/

Offers some ideas if on an extended tour.

Myself I'm not much of a tourist. Prefer to golf when there's light and eat when its dark.
Back to top Go down
golferx
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
golferx

PostSubject: Re: Lijiang, Yunnan Jade Dragon Snow Mountain Golf Club   Lijiang, Yunnan Jade Dragon Snow Mountain Golf Club I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2014 5:19 pm

asidbyrne wrote:
golferx wrote:

Myself I combined  2D1N in Lijiang and another 3D2N in Kunming. 
The ancient town was quite nice to walk around though I understand there was a serious fire that broke out there and took out a part of it. Otherwise its a good way to spend a whole evening walking through and having dinner.

http://www.chinahighlights.com/lijiang/attraction/

Offers some ideas if on an extended tour.

Myself I'm not much of a tourist. Prefer to golf when there's light and eat when its dark.

Wao looks nice and authentic town. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lijiang, Yunnan Jade Dragon Snow Mountain Golf Club   Lijiang, Yunnan Jade Dragon Snow Mountain Golf Club I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lijiang, Yunnan Jade Dragon Snow Mountain Golf Club
Page 1 of 1