Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kunming/Lijiang Golf Organiser

Go down 
+2
enwee
jmchan
6 posters
AuthorMessage
jmchan
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Kunming/Lijiang Golf Organiser Empty
PostSubject: Kunming/Lijiang Golf Organiser   Kunming/Lijiang Golf Organiser I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2015 8:13 pm

Bro, anyone has contact to organise a golf tour to Kunming & Lijiang?

Basically some one to book tee time and organise transportation.

Thanks for your help.
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: Kunming/Lijiang Golf Organiser   Kunming/Lijiang Golf Organiser I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2015 4:17 pm

u tried Getz management?
Back to top Go down
zhian
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Kunming/Lijiang Golf Organiser   Kunming/Lijiang Golf Organiser I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2015 7:51 pm

If you do need contacts for golfing in Indonesia, let me know.
Back to top Go down
riwochki
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Kunming/Lijiang Golf Organiser   Kunming/Lijiang Golf Organiser I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2015 2:38 pm

Hi jmchan,
Any luck with your golf tour to Kunming/Lijiang?
My kaki and I are looking to Kunming so wondering if you have any contact.
Back to top Go down
jmchan
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Kunming/Lijiang Golf Organiser   Kunming/Lijiang Golf Organiser I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2015 7:54 pm

I have an organizer based in kunming. Not sure of good she will be. My trip is end may/early June. Let you know after my trip?
Back to top Go down
riwochki
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Kunming/Lijiang Golf Organiser   Kunming/Lijiang Golf Organiser I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 7:34 am

Sure jmchan. Let me know after yr trip. My kaki and I are planning a trip there at end Sept or the week before ;-)
Back to top Go down
ahhoe
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Kunming/Lijiang Golf Organiser   Kunming/Lijiang Golf Organiser I_icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2015 11:09 am

Anyone need contact for both Kunming and Lijiang, let me know.
Back to top Go down
riwochki
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Kunming/Lijiang Golf Organiser   Kunming/Lijiang Golf Organiser I_icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2015 2:01 pm

Hi ahhoe, can pm me your contact and what is the package like ? tks.
Back to top Go down
jmchan
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Kunming/Lijiang Golf Organiser   Kunming/Lijiang Golf Organiser I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2015 7:08 pm

I am finishing a 8D/7N LiJiang/Kunming golf trip. Overall we (3 guys and 2 ladies) had a great time sight seeing and playing golf. The agent I used was

Cora Guo
Kunming China International Tourist Service
Web-site:http://www.springyunnan.com(English)

Pros
She can communicate in English and is quite responsive.
She was cheaper than agents in Singapore
She arranged English speaking guide for the sight seeing (important to us as one of us didn't speak much Chinese)
Everything was arranged quite smoothly - no hassle, vehicles were new and comfy, drivers were on time, helpful with local information (like getting oxygen canister for the Jade Dragon Mountain sight seeing)  and polite ...

Cons
She was not able to get us into the courses we wanted in Kunming. Said they were booked by tour groups. So we played at two relatively new courses. We still had fun and they offered enough challenges for us. We did play Jade Dragon Snow Mountain which was the high light of our trip. The course is in much better condition than I remembered from 2-3 years ago

Most days - she could only confirm the timing of the next day's events. 

Cost : Depends on hotels you choose, the course you want to play, etc. Best to price it and compare with local agents.

Photos : didn't take much of the courses.
Back to top Go down
freedrop
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
freedrop

PostSubject: Re: Kunming/Lijiang Golf Organiser   Kunming/Lijiang Golf Organiser I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2015 8:59 am

Based on how you described, they are not dedicated golf tour agents, since they can't get you the courses you wanted to play, and they can only give you tee times the day before, meaning they can't book in advance.

I use a dedicated golf tour agent called Gaoshou (High Hand in Chinese). You can google their contacts.

Negative is you must speak Mandarin. e-mail in English is OK but the still reply in Chinese. I speak good mandarin so not a problem for me.

They can book almost any courses you want in Kunming, except Stone Forest C course which is closed to public. 

They also only accept RMB in cash, no overseas credit card facilities.

If you are familiar with Chinese golf booking websites, you can actually book tee times on your own, at very good deals. You then rent a car with driver to take you around whole day (a Buick 7 seater MPV will cost about RMB 1k per day plus tips and petrol/toll fees). I do this most of the times and I have my regular driver/car in Kunming.
Back to top Go down
jmchan
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Kunming/Lijiang Golf Organiser   Kunming/Lijiang Golf Organiser I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2015 9:30 am

They are not a dedicated golf tour organizer and we had a 8D/7N holiday but played only 3 games - so were not looking just for golfing but also other sight seeing services. Furthermore, we didn't mind any course. In fact, as our wives are beginners we asked for courses that are not so busy and easier to play. Less pressure.

We also wanted a one stop shop that could book golf, domestic flights, hotels, cars, etc - we paid for being lazy. So it depends how much work you want to put in to save $$$. I rather pay for others to do the work!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kunming/Lijiang Golf Organiser   Kunming/Lijiang Golf Organiser I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kunming/Lijiang Golf Organiser
Page 1 of 1