Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sunglasses with prescription

Go down 
+5
taroboy
munching222
Turbo
kentan
merceid
9 posters
AuthorMessage
merceid
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Sunglasses with prescription Empty
PostSubject: Sunglasses with prescription   Sunglasses with prescription I_icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2014 10:41 am

Hi. 
Anyone uses sunglasses with prescription for golf? 
I'm currently using transition glasses but walked into rudy projects shop last week and thought it's pretty impressive. Any reviews or other brands recommendations? 
And yeah, I don't like using contact lenses.
Back to top Go down
kentan
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
kentan

PostSubject: Re: Sunglasses with prescription   Sunglasses with prescription I_icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2014 11:51 am

tried the curved type like rudy/oakley, but I cannot get use to it, now just using those plastic korean type frames with tinted plastic lens.
Back to top Go down
merceid
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Sunglasses with prescription   Sunglasses with prescription I_icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2014 11:55 am

That's one of my concern. I tried using sworke, it's inserted type lenses. Didn't like the range of vision.
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Sunglasses with prescription   Sunglasses with prescription I_icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2014 12:04 pm

Some Oakley sunglass models can be prescripted ... However, a wider range are available in USA ... The Oakley prescription lenses are much more expensive than the frame itself ...

I've an Oakley Servo frame with prescription lenses for my golf game ...

Rudy Project looks very cool and cheaper than Oakley ... If you've tight budget, you can consider Adidas or Nike Golf frames with prescription lenses ...
Back to top Go down
munching222
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
munching222

PostSubject: Re: Sunglasses with prescription   Sunglasses with prescription I_icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2014 5:15 pm

bro, not sure if you like the shape but you can take a look at Ugly Fish sunglasses. They have frames for prescription glasses too. Looks good for both play & casual wear. they also have very nice wrap-arounds which makes one different from all the usual Oakleys etc... just my 2 cents & preference
Back to top Go down
taroboy
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Sunglasses with prescription   Sunglasses with prescription I_icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2014 7:08 am

I am using Rudy Project Maya frame w prescription. I'm used to transitions lenses so I got it fitted as well. The clip-ons offer additional sun protection when it gets too bright. If u have high astigmatism and power like me, the curvature of the lenses, regardless of Oakley or Rudy Project will take some getting used to.
Back to top Go down
merceid
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Sunglasses with prescription   Sunglasses with prescription I_icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2014 7:13 am

munching222 wrote:
bro, not sure if you like the shape but you can take a look at Ugly Fish sunglasses. They have frames for prescription glasses too. Looks good for both play & casual wear. they also have very nice wrap-arounds which makes one different from all the usual Oakleys etc... just my 2 cents & preference

Thanks, that's another option. Where can I try them on locally? 
Back to top Go down
merceid
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Sunglasses with prescription   Sunglasses with prescription I_icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2014 1:04 pm

taroboy wrote:
I am using Rudy Project Maya frame w prescription. I'm used to transitions lenses so I got it fitted as well. The clip-ons offer additional sun protection when it gets too bright. If u have high astigmatism and power like me, the curvature of the lenses, regardless of Oakley or Rudy Project will take some getting used to.

Just checked out Maya frame, which is inserted type, which is similar to what I used before. Didn't really like using it for golf.
My astig is -0.75 for both eyes.
Rudy project guys at Bukit Timah told me it is possible to use RX lenses for Proflow frame. They even showed me a sample, the lense with prescription is much thicker.
Back to top Go down
HyBriD
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
HyBriD

PostSubject: Re: Sunglasses with prescription   Sunglasses with prescription I_icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2014 3:57 pm

Hey,
I think Oakley is too over rated.
Rudy Project is the "mercedes benz" of all eyewear frame.

If you are on a tight budget. You can also buy Cocoon over-Rx eye wear frame.
I have been using Cocoon since losing my Rudy Project eyewear
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/pnchung
Angchug
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Angchug

PostSubject: Re: Sunglasses with prescription   Sunglasses with prescription I_icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2014 5:54 pm

I am using Oakley Crosslink frame and they are very comfortable. Bought it in States for usd150/pcs. I heard from a golfer friend KL is 50% cheaper than sg. 
Local price is off the scale!
Back to top Go down
kikiaw
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
kikiaw

PostSubject: Re: Sunglasses with prescription   Sunglasses with prescription I_icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2014 9:47 pm

Angchug wrote:
I am using Oakley Crosslink frame and they are very comfortable. Bought it in States for usd150/pcs. I heard from a golfer friend KL is 50% cheaper than sg. 

Yes, Oakley price in US is definitely lower then SG... and many other brands too.
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Sunglasses with prescription   Sunglasses with prescription I_icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2014 12:35 am

Angchug wrote:

But US stocks do not have the Asian Fit at the nose pads ... Unless one has a high bridge nose, the US Crosslink would not fit Asian features well ...
Back to top Go down
munching222
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
munching222

PostSubject: Re: Sunglasses with prescription   Sunglasses with prescription I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2014 5:46 pm

there is a shop at Queensway, think its called Optometrist@Work (ground floor near to staircase/escalator)... they sell a brand called Sworke. i saw a few models that can accommodate prescription lenses. do check it out.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Sunglasses with prescription   Sunglasses with prescription I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2014 11:15 am

I have Oakleys which use prescription lenses but obviously, these are full frame sunglasses. The half frame (cool) ones are far too costly to get with prescription lenses.

All that said, I play with Transition lenses. Fuss free'lah.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sunglasses with prescription   Sunglasses with prescription I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sunglasses with prescription
Page 1 of 1