Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New fitter at Keppel Club

Go down 
+12
neutralgolfer
56789pgs
angyongshen
odyssey23
Elephant789
enwee
DGman
WILL33
DKing
hkhamateur
asahi
willytan
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
willytan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
willytan

New fitter at Keppel Club Empty
PostSubject: New fitter at Keppel Club   New fitter at Keppel Club I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 6:59 pm

Hi all,

Was down at Keppel club on fri evening to have my shaft fitted with a new adaptor for my driver and discovered that BFG no longer operates the pro-shop but instead it was Pan west. Was chatting with the manager and discovered that they have been operating there since last August 2013.

Anyone here have any experiences with the fitter there before I share my part?
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: New fitter at Keppel Club   New fitter at Keppel Club I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 7:09 pm

Hi.

Why not just give yr feedback here since you already have some experience with them?

Curious....
Back to top Go down
willytan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
willytan

PostSubject: Re: New fitter at Keppel Club   New fitter at Keppel Club I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 7:36 pm

Ok. Nobody will be named here.

As said earlier, was there to get shaft refitted with R1 adaptor for a used R1 driver head bought off a GRian here. 

As usual, Asked the fitter if he has the adaptor and how much for the job. Blar blar blar.... Shaft was fitted in about 30min time and was advised that the glue has yet to settle thus try to play it the next day. Went home happy with the fitting; didn't check the workmanship as was rushing off to pick up the kids from lesson. 

Reach home took out the club and found that the sleeve of the adaptor has cracked!! Looked at it again and found that the fitter had fitted me with a used adaptor instead of a new one ( I dun mind a used one as long as briefed before the job) as there are traces of glue mark on the sleeve and I validly recall seeing him putting masking tape ard the sleeve to keep the sleeve glued together.

I didn't bother to call or return to the shop to ask for an explanation as I sincerely felt that a fitter is a professional who should render his quality service to everyone. If he wants to short change me by using a below par quality item, he will do that to any other people too.

Anyone has such experiences there?

Last edited by willytan on Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: New fitter at Keppel Club   New fitter at Keppel Club I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 8:01 pm

Hmmm.....really tough luck.

May want to go back down and get then to change?
Back to top Go down
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
hkhamateur

PostSubject: Re: New fitter at Keppel Club   New fitter at Keppel Club I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 8:04 pm

Wa... Shocked
Like tat ar! silent
Gd luck to him then. Neutral
Back to top Go down
DKing
Caddy
Caddy
DKing

PostSubject: Re: New fitter at Keppel Club   New fitter at Keppel Club I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 8:09 pm

Did he charge for the adaptor and how much was the total cost?
Back to top Go down
WILL33
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
WILL33

PostSubject: Re: New fitter at Keppel Club   New fitter at Keppel Club I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 8:10 pm

Why not go back to him & see what he say?
Back to top Go down
willytan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
willytan

PostSubject: Re: New fitter at Keppel Club   New fitter at Keppel Club I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 8:21 pm

DKing wrote:
Did he charge for the adaptor and how much was the total cost?

I was quoted $55 for the service.
Back to top Go down
willytan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
willytan

PostSubject: Re: New fitter at Keppel Club   New fitter at Keppel Club I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 8:22 pm

WILL33 wrote:
Why not go back to him & see what he say?

That will be my first and also my last trip to him for the simplest service.

I will instead go back to my trusted fitter for any future fitting service.
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: New fitter at Keppel Club   New fitter at Keppel Club I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 10:35 pm

sorry to hear that willytan. we might have some spares if you need them fixed. cheers   Cool
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: New fitter at Keppel Club   New fitter at Keppel Club I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 10:40 pm

I think u should go back and ask him on this since u already paid for it.
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: New fitter at Keppel Club   New fitter at Keppel Club I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 11:08 pm

While it is a nice gesture by DGman, still think you should go back Keppel and get righted what was wrong.

IMO.
Back to top Go down
willytan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
willytan

PostSubject: Re: New fitter at Keppel Club   New fitter at Keppel Club I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 6:27 am

DGman wrote:
sorry to hear that willytan. we might have some spares if you need them fixed. cheers   Cool

Eric, 

Thanks for your the offer; appreciated your kind gesture but the adaptor is still working fine.
Back to top Go down
Elephant789
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Elephant789

PostSubject: Re: New fitter at Keppel Club   New fitter at Keppel Club I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 6:46 am

Thanks for the warning.
Back to top Go down
odyssey23
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
odyssey23

PostSubject: Re: New fitter at Keppel Club   New fitter at Keppel Club I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 7:36 am

I think to be fair to everyone, please check your golf clubs before payment to avoid any unhappiness. Just like any other purchase or services, you need to check. Else it will be unfair to the club fitter too.
Back to top Go down
angyongshen
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
angyongshen

PostSubject: Re: New fitter at Keppel Club   New fitter at Keppel Club I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 8:20 am

But if check already and cannot detect that it is used or cracked. Is it okay to sell it as new?

Likewise, is it okay to "provide" a service that was not carried out?

Not everything can be seen by the naked eye, especially integrity.

Thanks for sharing your experience always.

Its best to stick with your trusted fitter. Cheers.

Last edited by angyongshen on Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
56789pgs
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: New fitter at Keppel Club   New fitter at Keppel Club I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 8:31 am

Bad workmanship is one thing. Using an old adapter and not telling customer is another thing.
Back to top Go down
odyssey23
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
odyssey23

PostSubject: Re: New fitter at Keppel Club   New fitter at Keppel Club I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 9:02 am

Please communicate with the fitter. New, used, original or not, please tell the fitter what you want if he never ask you because end of the day, it is your club and you need to use it. This case he never said it is new and willy also dun mind good condition used adaptor. Just unfortunate that it is cracked.
Back to top Go down
willytan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
willytan

PostSubject: Re: New fitter at Keppel Club   New fitter at Keppel Club I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 9:25 am

I m not here to blame/shame anyone but to share my experience. 

In the future, I will be extra careful and mindful esp when I visit a new fitter for their service.
Back to top Go down
neutralgolfer
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
neutralgolfer

PostSubject: Re: New fitter at Keppel Club   New fitter at Keppel Club I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 9:44 am

I am just curious, which part of the adaptor sleeve is cracked? If the adaptor is cracked, better get it changed. Believe it won't last. Or are you talking about the Ferrule?
Back to top Go down
nutty88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
nutty88

PostSubject: Re: New fitter at Keppel Club   New fitter at Keppel Club I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 9:49 am

@$55, it has to be new or else it is downright dishonest using a used one.... Why would one need to even specifically tell the fitter that it has be new?
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: New fitter at Keppel Club   New fitter at Keppel Club I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 9:51 am

maybe willy can take a pic how badly is it crack?
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: New fitter at Keppel Club   New fitter at Keppel Club I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 9:51 am

most likely the ferrule on the adaptor....for the retail version, its a cap and its not easy to extract. however, if willytan is paying for a new one, this should not happen.

hence going to talk to the fitter is good and at least you will know if its an honest mistake or the person is honest or not.

DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
timlim
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: New fitter at Keppel Club   New fitter at Keppel Club I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 2:06 pm

DGman wrote:

hence going to talk to the fitter is good and at least you will know if its an honest mistake or the person is honest or not.

I'd have thought that would be the most sensible thing to do.

The only person who can offer direct redress is not anyone on this forum, but the fitter himself.

TS has stated that his intention is not to name / shame / blame anyone, but unfortunately this thread appears to be going exactly down that route.
Back to top Go down
Ant
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Ant

PostSubject: Re: New fitter at Keppel Club   New fitter at Keppel Club I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 2:26 pm

Just curious, why dun just talk to the fitter? Just give him a chance. He might have something to say?? Could be an honest mistake. If he cannot offer give a proper reason or brush you off, I think he has a lot to lose on his reputation. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New fitter at Keppel Club   New fitter at Keppel Club I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New fitter at Keppel Club
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next