Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cobra AMP Cell

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
jmchan
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Cobra AMP Cell Empty
PostSubject: Cobra AMP Cell   Cobra AMP Cell I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2014 8:54 am

Bought one recently from Creative Joe for a good price. Was browsing and found it quite attractive (Blue head with white shaft) and good price.

Found it to be shorter than my previous TM Burner 2.0 but seems to be forgiving. Anyone else using it? What's your experience with Cobra drivers?
Back to top Go down
antegg
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
antegg

Cobra AMP Cell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cobra AMP Cell   Cobra AMP Cell I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2014 9:07 am

Also using Cobra AMP Cell. Previously used TM Burner SuperFast 2.0.

Agreed it is more forgiving than TM Burner.  And most importantly, it is adjustable.  I like it very much, although in terms of brand loyalty i am stil a fan of TM.
Back to top Go down
kissthegreen
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
kissthegreen

Cobra AMP Cell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cobra AMP Cell   Cobra AMP Cell I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2014 9:24 am

Bought an orange one with regular flex from a forumer here. In my view, it's a pretty forgiving driver. I do somehow agree with the golfwrx review that the stock fujikura regular flex is quite whippy as compared to other fujikura models. Setting it to 10.5 deg,  I can get pretty decent yardage with an easy swing and the low kick point helps to launch the ball easily off the tee. But I tend to get a little inconsistent when I increase my swing speed and yeah, it's perhaps due to my swing flaws.  Wink  After hitting about 20 balls off the range, I decided to go with 9.5 deg as I tend to get my ball too high up (for my liking) with 10.5 deg. Gotta say it's an attractive looking club and happen to match my orange top in my recent golf game!
Before that I use a cobra f speed fitted with an aldila nv 65 in regular flex. It has a mid kick point and about 10 grams heavier (if I can recall). I tend to have a more controlled swing with the heavier shaft. Would admit that hitting the sweet spot with the f speed will send my ball longer than the amp cell, but on an average, the amp cell   Is more forgiving and sent my balls to pretty decent distances 8 out of 10 times..
Back to top Go down
akhild
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
akhild

Cobra AMP Cell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cobra AMP Cell   Cobra AMP Cell I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2014 3:31 pm

I use 1 and haven't found anything close to it. Tried r1, bio cell, cleveland classic custom xl n g25.
Recently installed Harrison shotmaker and jumbo grip with 3 paper and 1 tape inside. 
In total about 2 swingnweight heavier. Works like an charm. Getting 220 carry with 84 swing speed at 10.5. At 9.5 its not for me. Maybe I get more roll but won't carry mbgc bunkers..

Last edited by akhild on Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jmchan
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Cobra AMP Cell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cobra AMP Cell   Cobra AMP Cell I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2014 10:04 pm

Mine is currently set at 11.5. Will play a few more times at that setting before changing. Acceptable distance.

I used to have a 10.5 and feel that I needed more height especially when driving uphill.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Cobra AMP Cell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cobra AMP Cell   Cobra AMP Cell I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cobra AMP Cell
Page 1 of 1