Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Too hot to handle??? (some pics)

Go down 
+2
paul@golf
DGman
6 posters
AuthorMessage
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

Too hot to handle??? (some pics) Empty
PostSubject: Too hot to handle??? (some pics)   Too hot to handle??? (some pics) I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2014 11:10 am

My long awaited completion of the trilogy has now ended its 2nd phase. All i long to see after this will be the Big Bertha.

In case you are wondering if its a cosmetic change of its predecessor, you can't be more far from the truth. Its a different driver and offers a few more options than the previous XHot. Of course there is a Pro version which is likely to be in a more compact 440 size head.

there are several changes to the new XHot.....

first the contours, it has moved slightly towards a pear shape and it makes aiming even better. on setup it sits very well and do not take huge adjustments on where to position the hands.

Too hot to handle??? (some pics) 11852463974_8290759d5e_z

Unlike the previous model, the new XHot 2 has total adjustability on face angle and loft - you can expect 4 degrees of change and one can expect a neutral, draw or even open face bias.

Too hot to handle??? (some pics) 11852319523_a5b9b94612_z

Its a no-frill driver without worrying about weight ports & core and will suit those who just want to stand over the ball and rip it. i hope i fall into that category......

Incorporating the signature H face for a bigger sweet spot, the new XHot 2 seems to have a LESS shallow face.  i would not call it a deep face but it seems just a tad deeper than the XHot.  Fine with me as one needs to hit up on the driver to get maximum distance anyway.

Too hot to handle??? (some pics) 11852834646_385330e474_z

Based on what i see of the weighting, it makes it easier to hit a straight or draw shot..less of a manupilative device like the Big Bertha Alpha...

Too hot to handle??? (some pics) 11852834796_32d9de0e45_z

watch out for its clear authenticity markings and its clear if its the genuine article.....its the raised dots on the Hot...even a blind man can tell......

Too hot to handle??? (some pics) 11852834596_4928fe2a68_z

In my haste, i left out the headcover but if its any consolation, here's how the grip will look like......

Too hot to handle??? (some pics) 11852835266_d2034f29d9_z

Pre-order starts today and one can see the finished article at the Den....

Have fun and i look forward to your questions....as you can sense no price will be revealed here....

DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
paul@golf
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
paul@golf

PostSubject: Re: Too hot to handle??? (some pics)   Too hot to handle??? (some pics) I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2014 11:50 am

wow! tis is 1 XHot i wanna try too cheers ! wi my favourite BFG fitted shaft of couse! see u tmr, boss!  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Too hot to handle??? (some pics)   Too hot to handle??? (some pics) I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2014 5:00 pm

For those with the Optiforce, there is no need to downgrade....
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
gingerus
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Too hot to handle??? (some pics)   Too hot to handle??? (some pics) I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2014 5:06 pm

hmm looks like asian spec has a different colour scheme
Back to top Go down
HitSoft
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Too hot to handle??? (some pics)   Too hot to handle??? (some pics) I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2014 5:46 pm

gingerus wrote:
hmm looks like asian spec has a different colour scheme
Yup I was thinking the same too. The US version seems to continue the trend of the grey albeit with orange accents instead of the previous generation's red.

Nonetheless, I think the JV spec looks great with the lime yellow Smile
Back to top Go down
golftortoise
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Too hot to handle??? (some pics)   Too hot to handle??? (some pics) I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2014 9:54 am

DGman wrote:

Music to my ears! HAHA!! Really enjoying the Optiforce!
Back to top Go down
mengteck71
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mengteck71

PostSubject: Re: Too hot to handle??? (some pics)   Too hot to handle??? (some pics) I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2014 9:59 pm

DGman wrote:
Boss, thanks for the advice Smile. Heng ar
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Too hot to handle??? (some pics)   Too hot to handle??? (some pics) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Too hot to handle??? (some pics)
Page 1 of 1