Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Jason Dufner Putting gaffe@Franklin Templeton

Go down 
+3
hkhamateur
Stanix
Daztasiumz
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Daztasiumz
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Daztasiumz

Jason Dufner Putting gaffe@Franklin Templeton Empty
PostSubject: Jason Dufner Putting gaffe@Franklin Templeton   Jason Dufner Putting gaffe@Franklin Templeton I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 10:12 am

Back to top Go down
Stanix
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Stanix

PostSubject: Re: Jason Dufner Putting gaffe@Franklin Templeton   Jason Dufner Putting gaffe@Franklin Templeton I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 10:45 am

They r still human, aft all.... hehe
Back to top Go down
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
hkhamateur

PostSubject: Re: Jason Dufner Putting gaffe@Franklin Templeton   Jason Dufner Putting gaffe@Franklin Templeton I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 10:49 am

Er...this s called, pre-putt routine..  Very Happy 
Bt on the wrong direction... Laughing
Tx dazt bro fr sharg.  Wink
Back to top Go down
Daztasiumz
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Daztasiumz

PostSubject: Re: Jason Dufner Putting gaffe@Franklin Templeton   Jason Dufner Putting gaffe@Franklin Templeton I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 10:58 am

improved hand eye coordination after that mistake
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: Jason Dufner Putting gaffe@Franklin Templeton   Jason Dufner Putting gaffe@Franklin Templeton I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 11:25 am

If it can happen to the Pros, it can happen to us.  Smile 
Back to top Go down
Daztasiumz
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Daztasiumz

PostSubject: Re: Jason Dufner Putting gaffe@Franklin Templeton   Jason Dufner Putting gaffe@Franklin Templeton I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 11:33 am

Sometimes Distracted
Back to top Go down
Daztasiumz
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Daztasiumz

PostSubject: Re: Jason Dufner Putting gaffe@Franklin Templeton   Jason Dufner Putting gaffe@Franklin Templeton I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 11:35 am

Back to top Go down
Mike888
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Mike888

PostSubject: Re: Jason Dufner Putting gaffe@Franklin Templeton   Jason Dufner Putting gaffe@Franklin Templeton I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 12:30 pm

so what the penalty?
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Jason Dufner Putting gaffe@Franklin Templeton   Jason Dufner Putting gaffe@Franklin Templeton I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 2:53 pm

Mike888 wrote:
so what the penalty?

It's considered a stroke, no?
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: Jason Dufner Putting gaffe@Franklin Templeton   Jason Dufner Putting gaffe@Franklin Templeton I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 4:16 pm

Yes, I think it's considered a stroke after you have addressed the ball, never mind if you accidentally hit it while practicing the stroke.
Back to top Go down
Mike888
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Mike888

PostSubject: Re: Jason Dufner Putting gaffe@Franklin Templeton   Jason Dufner Putting gaffe@Franklin Templeton I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 2:53 pm

Technospaz wrote:
Mike888 wrote:
so what the penalty?

It's considered a stroke, no?

mike-- when he just picked the ball up and did not finish the hole, what would be his score for the hole?
im also wonder during social game, can someone just pick the ball up and say he/she is done for the hole? if that is the case, what would be the score? 
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Jason Dufner Putting gaffe@Franklin Templeton   Jason Dufner Putting gaffe@Franklin Templeton I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 3:51 pm

It was matchplay. So when he picked up his ball, he (in many ways) conceded the hole.

In your social game and assuming you're playing matchplay, your flightmate can pick up the ball and say that he/she is done. I would assume that in so doing, he/she is declaring a loss for that hole. What the score is - well, that's anyone's guess. But if the ball is within a gimme range and others agree, then it's the number of strokes to that point plus one more for the "putt."

In strokeplay, picking up the ball generally imposes a 2 stroke penalty, I believe.
Back to top Go down
Gofnut
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Jason Dufner Putting gaffe@Franklin Templeton   Jason Dufner Putting gaffe@Franklin Templeton I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 3:57 pm

The Franklin Templeton Shootout is a two-players team event played over 3 days on 3 different formats i.e. day 1 is alternate shot, day 2 is better ball and day 3 is scramble format. The incident would have taken place on day two under the better ball format. Dustin Johnson who was Dufner's partner putted first and left his birdie attempt just short of the hole and was certain to make par. Dufner was going for birdie when he accidently moved the ball and as that counted as a stroke, his best possible score for the hole would be a par. Since partner D Johnson was certain to make par, that would be the team's score, Dufner's score became immaterial and that is why he picked up his ball.
Back to top Go down
Gofnut
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Jason Dufner Putting gaffe@Franklin Templeton   Jason Dufner Putting gaffe@Franklin Templeton I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 4:14 pm

Technospaz wrote:

In strokeplay, picking up the ball generally imposes a 2 stroke penalty, I believe.

TS, I'm afraid the penalty is more severe than 2 strokes:

Stroke Play Rule 3-2 Failure to Hole Out

If a competitor fails to hole out at any hole and does not correct his mistake before he makes a stroke on the next teeing ground or, in the case of the last hole of the round, before he leaves the putting green, he is disqualified.
Back to top Go down
Mike888
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Mike888

PostSubject: Re: Jason Dufner Putting gaffe@Franklin Templeton   Jason Dufner Putting gaffe@Franklin Templeton I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 6:35 pm

thanks for the explanation, Golfnut.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Jason Dufner Putting gaffe@Franklin Templeton   Jason Dufner Putting gaffe@Franklin Templeton I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 8:39 pm

Gofnut wrote:
Technospaz wrote:

TS, I'm afraid the penalty is more severe than 2 strokes:

Stroke Play Rule 3-2 Failure to Hole Out

If a competitor fails to hole out at any hole and does not correct his mistake before he makes a stroke on the next teeing ground or, in the case of the last hole of the round, before he leaves the putting green, he is disqualified.

Thanks, Gofnut!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jason Dufner Putting gaffe@Franklin Templeton   Jason Dufner Putting gaffe@Franklin Templeton I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jason Dufner Putting gaffe@Franklin Templeton
Page 1 of 1