Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Claim for golf insurance

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
antegg
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
antegg

Claim for golf insurance Empty
PostSubject: Claim for golf insurance   Claim for golf insurance I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 3:03 pm

Just broke the shaft of my TM Burner 2.0 SuperFast Driver (R Flex, bought from Golf House in mid 2012 at about $200) recently.

Decided to claim from AXA (I paid the green fee using HSBC card with complimentary golf insurance, I am also covered by NTUC's golf insurance but I do not intend to claim from NTUC as their policy only covers claims in excess of $200, in contrast HSBC card covers claims in excess of $100), any idea how much is the likely amount I would be able to get from AXA?

Just seek for opinion, if no chance or can only claim little amount for my incident, I rather do not waste my time to prepare all claim documents liao.

Any expert can share your view??? Many thanks in advance and really appreciated for your opinion : )
Back to top Go down
akhild
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
akhild

PostSubject: Re: Claim for golf insurance   Claim for golf insurance I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 3:41 pm

Will depend on How did u break it? 
And policy wording
Back to top Go down
neutralgolfer
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
neutralgolfer

PostSubject: Re: Claim for golf insurance   Claim for golf insurance I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 3:42 pm

Ask for their terms and conditions. usually per club is max $500, but it depends on the underwriter.
Back to top Go down
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
andrew-golf

PostSubject: Re: Claim for golf insurance   Claim for golf insurance I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 3:52 pm

Normally u need the golf club to issue a letter that your club was broken there

Then u need to provide the proof of purchase

And then get e claim form from the website

Best is personally submit the form to the insurance company
Back to top Go down
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
andrew-golf

PostSubject: Re: Claim for golf insurance   Claim for golf insurance I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 3:52 pm

Take some pics of the broken club also

Part of the requirement
Back to top Go down
antegg
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
antegg

PostSubject: Re: Claim for golf insurance   Claim for golf insurance I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 5:02 pm

Thanks for all the advice and reminder.  In fact I have already contacted AXA and obtained the claim form.  In addition to the photo of damaged club, they also asked to provide assessment report (i.e. damage assessment by assessor or repairer) and at least 2 quotes for repair or replacement.

I will probably approach to pro shop or some retailer to get these report, but not sure if they will charge me or not.  Just wondering if it is worth to spend effort to get all documents required by AXA but in the end they will only compensate me little (I bought my club at $200, they only cover in excess of $100, i.e. the remaining 100 value, but guess they will sure deduct so called 'wear and tear')...

Anyway I will try to approach the pro shop and get those report (hope those reports are free of charge), and will update and share with all of you the status of my claim
Back to top Go down
antegg
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
antegg

PostSubject: Re: Claim for golf insurance   Claim for golf insurance I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 5:13 pm

akhild wrote:
Will depend on How did u break it? 
And policy wording

Hmmm, that was really an accident.  My golf bag was dropped from buggy out of a suddee, although I had already fastened it securely at the start of my game.  Guess the belt just loosen itself on the way.

Beside breaking the shaft of my driver, certain new irons' heads were also scratched, luckily only scratches at back (not club face), but they are really brand new and I just bought them to replace my old one, sian ...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Claim for golf insurance   Claim for golf insurance I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Claim for golf insurance
Page 1 of 1