Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Woods pleased with new driver(Changing the shaft really made a big difference)

Go down 
+7
Technospaz
Turbo
hkhamateur
kenneth18
andrew-golf
DLWL
Daztasiumz
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Daztasiumz
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Daztasiumz

Woods pleased with new driver(Changing the shaft really made a big difference) Empty
PostSubject: Woods pleased with new driver(Changing the shaft really made a big difference)   Woods pleased with new driver(Changing the shaft really made a big difference) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 8:41 pm

Woods pleased with new driver(Changing the shaft really made a big difference) Woods_worldchallenge13_d4_driver_610

Jason Sobel

THOUSAND OAKS, Calif. – Usually, Tiger Woods will test a club for a while before finally putting it into the bag. This week, though, he was given the new Nike VRS Covert 2.0 driver on Tuesday and used it throughout the week at the Northwestern Mutual World Challenge – often with successful results.

“I thought I drove the ball great this week,” he said. “You know, I found a nice driver this week, and very pleased at the changes that I found in that driver. And you know, I think changing the shaft really made a big difference there.”
For the week, he hit 39 of 52 fairways (75 percent), good for sixth in the field.

“I'm very pleased to find something off the tee there. As I said, I think that shaft change, obviously it's a new head, but it's about the same feel-wise. The shaft has definitely made a big difference.”
Back to top Go down
DLWL
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
DLWL

Woods pleased with new driver(Changing the shaft really made a big difference) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Woods pleased with new driver(Changing the shaft really made a big difference)   Woods pleased with new driver(Changing the shaft really made a big difference) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 8:57 pm

He went from a WB in 60g
To a BB in 103g

Super big difference.
The new Covert 2.0 driver seems to be working for the pros too.

Looks like good endorsement for Nike
Back to top Go down
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
andrew-golf

PostSubject: Re: Woods pleased with new driver(Changing the shaft really made a big difference)   Woods pleased with new driver(Changing the shaft really made a big difference) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 10:22 pm

103gm driver shaft!!!

Power!!!
Back to top Go down
kenneth18
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
kenneth18

PostSubject: Re: Woods pleased with new driver(Changing the shaft really made a big difference)   Woods pleased with new driver(Changing the shaft really made a big difference) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 10:24 pm

From a WB 60g to a BB 103g? Wow 43g is a huge difference to swing weight!
Back to top Go down
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
hkhamateur

PostSubject: Re: Woods pleased with new driver(Changing the shaft really made a big difference)   Woods pleased with new driver(Changing the shaft really made a big difference) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 10:29 pm

I cant even handle a 103gr iron shaft liao let alone a 103gr Driver shaft!  pale
Power TW!  cheers
Back to top Go down
Daztasiumz
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Daztasiumz

PostSubject: Re: Woods pleased with new driver(Changing the shaft really made a big difference)   Woods pleased with new driver(Changing the shaft really made a big difference) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 11:02 pm

Back to top Go down
Daztasiumz
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Daztasiumz

PostSubject: Re: Woods pleased with new driver(Changing the shaft really made a big difference)   Woods pleased with new driver(Changing the shaft really made a big difference) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 11:14 pm

ruyi jin gu bang?

Back to top Go down
Daztasiumz
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Daztasiumz

PostSubject: Re: Woods pleased with new driver(Changing the shaft really made a big difference)   Woods pleased with new driver(Changing the shaft really made a big difference) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 11:16 pm

Back to top Go down
Daztasiumz
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Daztasiumz

PostSubject: Re: Woods pleased with new driver(Changing the shaft really made a big difference)   Woods pleased with new driver(Changing the shaft really made a big difference) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 11:23 pm

Driver:Nike VR_S Covert Tour 2.0 Prototype
Loft: Set to 9.5 degrees
Shaft: Mitsubishi Diamana Blue Board 103X

Fairway Wood: Nike VR_S Covert Tour (15 degrees)
Shaft: Mitsubishi Diamana Blue Board 103 X

Fairway Wood: Nike VR_S Covert 5 wood (19 degrees)
Shaft: Mitsubishi Diamana Blue Board 103 X

all woods set at 103g? hmmm
Back to top Go down
Daztasiumz
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Daztasiumz

PostSubject: Re: Woods pleased with new driver(Changing the shaft really made a big difference)   Woods pleased with new driver(Changing the shaft really made a big difference) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 11:31 pm

Woods pleased with new driver(Changing the shaft really made a big difference) 6a019104d63720970c019b02335579970b-800wi

From Woods' official site:

Woods will use a new Nike Covert prototype driver this week, and has switched to a 103-gram Diamana Blue Board shaft, the same one he uses with his 3- and 5-wood. He previously used a lighter 73-gram "I feel very comfortable," Woods said.

Woods pleased with new driver(Changing the shaft really made a big difference) 8fdc8844a92564d08138dd7fbcf01676

Woods pleased with new driver(Changing the shaft really made a big difference) C4d7e3290ac5ffb187f3caadcd9b3e3a

Woods pleased with new driver(Changing the shaft really made a big difference) F75d581ee1a59096fafac7f0ebec5a48

Last edited by Daztasiumz on Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Woods pleased with new driver(Changing the shaft really made a big difference)   Woods pleased with new driver(Changing the shaft really made a big difference) I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 12:02 am

Awesome swing!   Nike Golf
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Woods pleased with new driver(Changing the shaft really made a big difference)   Woods pleased with new driver(Changing the shaft really made a big difference) I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 7:01 am

hkhamateur wrote:
I cant even handle a 103gr iron shaft liao let alone a 103gr Driver shaft!  pale
Power TW!  cheers

Same here. That's some weight on the driver but I guess these pros are super-athletes. I wonder how much strain his body can take.
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Woods pleased with new driver(Changing the shaft really made a big difference)   Woods pleased with new driver(Changing the shaft really made a big difference) I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 9:15 am

TW endorses Bushnell ... hmmm ...
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Woods pleased with new driver(Changing the shaft really made a big difference)   Woods pleased with new driver(Changing the shaft really made a big difference) I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 9:17 am

Sergio Garcia also using the same weight for his driver but Diamana White Board ...
Back to top Go down
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
andrew-golf

PostSubject: Re: Woods pleased with new driver(Changing the shaft really made a big difference)   Woods pleased with new driver(Changing the shaft really made a big difference) I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 9:50 am

i think i wanna convert to be a nike fan ... love the red black combo!
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Woods pleased with new driver(Changing the shaft really made a big difference)   Woods pleased with new driver(Changing the shaft really made a big difference) I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 10:15 am

andrew-golf wrote:
i think i wanna convert to be a nike fan ... love the red black combo!

I dun like the "depression"  at the bottom of the club ...

I wonder as to why u bought a Tour version Stage II and re-shaft it. It does not make economic sense to me because whether tour or non-tour version, the Stage II head is similar. The only difference is the shaft.  scratch 
Back to top Go down
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
andrew-golf

PostSubject: Re: Woods pleased with new driver(Changing the shaft really made a big difference)   Woods pleased with new driver(Changing the shaft really made a big difference) I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 10:22 am

Bro

The stage 2 head is very explosive. And the face and lie angle of the tour and non tour is different haha
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Woods pleased with new driver(Changing the shaft really made a big difference)   Woods pleased with new driver(Changing the shaft really made a big difference) I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 11:17 am

I believe it is the same lah, bro ... Check it up on the website if you are free ...  Cool

The previous Burner TP head is different from the non-TP but as for the Stage II, it is similar ...
Back to top Go down
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
andrew-golf

PostSubject: Re: Woods pleased with new driver(Changing the shaft really made a big difference)   Woods pleased with new driver(Changing the shaft really made a big difference) I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 11:18 am

haha ok la

if same then check also no use

wahhahaaa
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: Woods pleased with new driver(Changing the shaft really made a big difference)   Woods pleased with new driver(Changing the shaft really made a big difference) I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 11:38 am

I think the tour version the face is deeper and set up to a more open face?
Back to top Go down
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
andrew-golf

PostSubject: Re: Woods pleased with new driver(Changing the shaft really made a big difference)   Woods pleased with new driver(Changing the shaft really made a big difference) I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 11:42 am

thats what i tot

there is a setup diff
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Woods pleased with new driver(Changing the shaft really made a big difference)   Woods pleased with new driver(Changing the shaft really made a big difference) I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 5:28 pm

Andrew and Enwee,

Performance
The RBZ Stage 2 Tour driver uses the same head shape as the non-Tour model, but changes in TaylorMade’s tooling allowed engineers to move the CG lower and more forward. This lowers spin, giving higher-speed players the flatter trajectory they need to maximize carry and roll.

For more details, read here ...

http://www.golfwrx.com/88557/taylormade-rocketballz-stage-2-driver-editor-review/

Last edited by Turbo on Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Woods pleased with new driver(Changing the shaft really made a big difference)   Woods pleased with new driver(Changing the shaft really made a big difference) I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 5:31 pm

Only the previous Burner F/S 1.0 driver TP version and Non-TP version have different heads. The former has deeper face and open face (by about 3 deg). I know because I used to own the Burner F/S 1.0 TP version 8.5 deg loft ...
Back to top Go down
DKing
Caddy
Caddy
DKing

PostSubject: Re: Woods pleased with new driver(Changing the shaft really made a big difference)   Woods pleased with new driver(Changing the shaft really made a big difference) I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 6:42 pm

They look similar with the same shape and graphics however I believe the standard head is draw biased while the Tour head is neutral. Difference lies in their weight placement.
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Woods pleased with new driver(Changing the shaft really made a big difference)   Woods pleased with new driver(Changing the shaft really made a big difference) I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 8:11 pm

DKing, what you said is untrue ... Both Tour and non-Tour version of Stage II driver have square face head at standard loft position. Every 0.5 deg upward adjustment of the club loft will cause the face to close by about 3 deg. On the other hand, every downward adjustment -0.5 deg of the head loft will open the club face by about 3 deg ... With the loft adjustment feature, it does not make economic sense for them to produce two heads. They only did that for Burner 1.0 (which is a bonded head) in the past.

The only primary differences are the tooling inside the head and the shaft of course (plus slight color grey shade different on the crown) ... TM pushed the CG of the tour version much lower and more forward for high speed golfers to achieve lower and more penetrating ball flight ... Watch below video ...

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Woods pleased with new driver(Changing the shaft really made a big difference)   Woods pleased with new driver(Changing the shaft really made a big difference) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Woods pleased with new driver(Changing the shaft really made a big difference)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next