Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

DIY golf swing weight calculator / estimator

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
scottycollector
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
scottycollector

DIY golf swing weight calculator / estimator  Empty
PostSubject: DIY golf swing weight calculator / estimator    DIY golf swing weight calculator / estimator  I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 12:08 pm

I'm sure that there must be a mathematical formula to measure swingweight without needing a proper scale. so i did a quick search online and found this:

http://www.leaderboard.com/SWINGWEIGHT 

i'm going to try it out tonight to see if it's accurate =)
Back to top Go down
gnorij
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: DIY golf swing weight calculator / estimator    DIY golf swing weight calculator / estimator  I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 9:22 am

wah super cheem and technical.

Apologize for the noob question, but this is totally different from the putting weights?
Back to top Go down
babolat
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
babolat

PostSubject: Re: DIY golf swing weight calculator / estimator    DIY golf swing weight calculator / estimator  I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 9:31 am

Interesting.....
Need a precision scale to find out the weight!
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: DIY golf swing weight calculator / estimator    DIY golf swing weight calculator / estimator  I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 9:40 am

babolat wrote:
Interesting.....
no need lah...just go to some fitter and measure lor.
Back to top Go down
scottycollector
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
scottycollector

PostSubject: Re: DIY golf swing weight calculator / estimator    DIY golf swing weight calculator / estimator  I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 10:02 am

ok i just tried this out yesterday.

you need a slightly more precise weighing scale to measure the club's overall weight, which is usually in the 320 - 450grams region. i happen to have one cos i like to mess around with swingweights - to measure weight of grips and leadtape etc.

so anyway, as  a control sample, i tried this method on my bridgestone j40 Pw (which is stock condition), and it was spot on at D1.   

I proceeded to check the swingweights of my drivers and wedges and again, the swingweight results reflected what i felt about them ie whether the head felt heavy or light.

in the end, i know that as long as the club performs well, it doesn't matter what its swingweight is. but this is a very interesting and fun exercise nonetheless
Back to top Go down
scottycollector
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
scottycollector

PostSubject: Re: DIY golf swing weight calculator / estimator    DIY golf swing weight calculator / estimator  I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 10:07 am

gnorij wrote:
wah super cheem and technical.

Apologize for the noob question, but this is totally different from the putting weights?
Hi bro you can read more about swingweight here: http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/712584-what-is-swingweight-why-is-it-important-how-do-i-find-the-right-swingweight/
Back to top Go down
gnorij
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: DIY golf swing weight calculator / estimator    DIY golf swing weight calculator / estimator  I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 12:03 pm

thanks! that was enlightening!
Back to top Go down
neutralgolfer
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
neutralgolfer

PostSubject: Re: DIY golf swing weight calculator / estimator    DIY golf swing weight calculator / estimator  I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 2:16 pm

Interesting... if you read on for the pivot point at 14inch and 6 inch....
Back to top Go down
scottycollector
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
scottycollector

PostSubject: Re: DIY golf swing weight calculator / estimator    DIY golf swing weight calculator / estimator  I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 3:14 pm

yea if you like what you read on swingweight, be sure to also read the other article on "MOI matching" provided at the bottom of Tom Wishon's post:

http://wishongolf.com/clubmakers/matching-golf-clubs-by-moi/

A key extract from that article is as follows:

"If I take a set of MOI matched clubs and measure each club on a swingweight scale, what will I see?
Depending on the MOI each club is made to possess, the swingweight of the clubs in an MOI matched set will very slightly increase from the longest club in the set to the shortest. Most typical is to see the swingweight increase by 0.5 swingweight points per club down through the set.  This is very definitely one of the main reasons golfers like the swing feel of their MOI Matched clubs and do experience an improvement in shot consistency."
Back to top Go down
babolat
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
babolat

PostSubject: Re: DIY golf swing weight calculator / estimator    DIY golf swing weight calculator / estimator  I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 4:53 pm

enwee wrote:
babolat wrote:
Interesting.....
Some times, it's more interesting to find things out in the troublesome way......Laughing
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: DIY golf swing weight calculator / estimator    DIY golf swing weight calculator / estimator  I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 5:01 pm

babolat wrote:
enwee wrote:
babolat wrote:
Interesting.....
Some times, it's more interesting to find things out in the troublesome way......Laughing
Either way u need to rip out everything if u wanna find the weight of your clubs, so both ways also troublesome.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DIY golf swing weight calculator / estimator    DIY golf swing weight calculator / estimator  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DIY golf swing weight calculator / estimator
Page 1 of 1