Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Swing weight

Go down 
+5
Dstruc
eiji
HyBriD
glespaul
madmaru
9 posters
AuthorMessage
madmaru
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
madmaru

Swing weight  Empty
PostSubject: Swing weight    Swing weight  I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 11:05 pm

hi guys got a question for those technically inclined .

Swing weight
i see a few swing sites like TM cobra ... advertise swing weights for their clubs in the form of D2,D1,D4 ... etc others in grams
what are the scales and bigger numbers = lighter ? what is the difference ?

thanx in advance
Back to top Go down
glespaul
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
glespaul

Swing weight  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swing weight    Swing weight  I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 11:59 pm

If im not wrong higher the number is heavy head.

Anyone can confirm.
Back to top Go down
HyBriD
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
HyBriD

Swing weight  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swing weight    Swing weight  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 1:36 pm

glespaul wrote:

Anyone can confirm.

Yes, the Higher the alphabeth & number ...The heavier it is & stiffer

Most men stock irons are between D 0, D 1

while good Golfers go up to D2, D3, D4
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/pnchung
HyBriD
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
HyBriD

Swing weight  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swing weight    Swing weight  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 1:37 pm

glespaul wrote:

Anyone can confirm.

Yes, the Higher the alphabeth & number ...The heavier it is & stiffer

Most men stock irons are between D 0, D 1

while good Golfers go up to D2, D3, D4
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

Swing weight  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swing weight    Swing weight  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 1:37 pm

I play a D0 driver. Suits my swing
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
HyBriD
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
HyBriD

Swing weight  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swing weight    Swing weight  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 1:58 pm

Oh one more thing....

Aside from Swing Weight, you must also be aware of Shaft CPM ( cycles per minute ) Frequency.

click the following link below for you to know further on

link 1

link 2
Back to top Go down
madmaru
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
madmaru

Swing weight  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swing weight    Swing weight  I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 12:00 am

i got a question a person's swing speed relate to swing weight . i never tested my swing speed i have a R9 max Ti 5w stiff shaft and R11 4w asian regular both are the same lenght :
here is the problem i consistently can hit to 170-180 on 5W but when comes to 4W i'll slice badly or even i hit dead str8 end up much shorter than my 5W . ( 5W = D1, and 4W =D4)

so is it problem with my swing or problem with the swing weight of the club ?
and if with the club should i hunt for a club with the same swing weight as my 5W ?
Back to top Go down
Dstruc
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Dstruc

Swing weight  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swing weight    Swing weight  I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 8:15 am

Well, it's not an "apple to apple" comparison. It could be the flex, weight, the club head,...?
Btw, why choose a 4w, since the loft is so close? Why not try out a R9 max 3w and do a comparison?
Back to top Go down
madmaru
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
madmaru

Swing weight  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swing weight    Swing weight  I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 8:56 am

it's so hard to find a R9 max 3w esp the Ti version been looking high and low for mths
Back to top Go down
ljlow
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Swing weight  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swing weight    Swing weight  I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 9:19 am

madmaru wrote:
i got a question a person's swing speed relate to swing weight . i never tested my swing speed i have a R9 max Ti 5w stiff shaft and R11 4w asian regular both are the same lenght :
here is the problem i consistently can hit to 170-180 on 5W but when comes to 4W i'll slice badly or even i hit dead str8 end up much shorter than my 5W . ( 5W = D1, and 4W =D4)

so is it problem with my swing or problem with the swing weight of the club ?
and if with the club should i hunt for a club with the same swing weight as my 5W ?

Fundamental aside, given all things equal, 5w-D1 while 4w-D4 is a huge reverse gap...
On swingweight fitting, a general rule of thumb, SW should increase as the club becomes shorter.
since given your swing fundamental, you are hitting 5w consistently and longer than 4w, i wd say that that your swing are more suitable to D1... with D4, more head feel, the club might be 'too heavy' for you...

(...I'm juz a beginner techie...Above are all personal opinion and experience...)

Probably you can try out different D0+/D1 4w and see if it fits before making a purchase...
Back to top Go down
DKing
Caddy
Caddy
DKing

Swing weight  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swing weight    Swing weight  I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 9:26 am

The Swing Weight describes weight but not in terms of the actual weight of the club, ie in grams, but rather how it feels in the swing.

For example, two clubs of the same weight, but one is heavier towards the club head while the other is heavier towards the butt. Their swing weight will be different.

Hence, the objective of knowing the swing weight is so that you can have the same swing weight for all the clubs. This way, you should feel the same, swinging any club in your bag and not having to adjust your swing.

Back to top Go down
madmaru
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
madmaru

Swing weight  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swing weight    Swing weight  I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 9:32 am

so to speak can we modify any club swing weight ? as from a club fitter stand point ?
Back to top Go down
DKing
Caddy
Caddy
DKing

Swing weight  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swing weight    Swing weight  I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 10:16 am

madmaru wrote:
so to speak can we modify any club swing weight ? as from a club fitter stand point ?

Yes, swing weight can be adjusted by placing weights strategically.
A decent club fitter should be able to help with this.

Else, if you're aware of the swing weight that you're comfortable with, just look out for similar swing weight when purchasing new clubs.
Back to top Go down
acidic88
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Swing weight  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swing weight    Swing weight  I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 10:39 am

madmaru wrote:
it's so hard to find a R9 max 3w esp the Ti version been looking high and low for mths

I think I saw a couple at GH Funan. Give them a call and see if its there.
Back to top Go down
madmaru
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
madmaru

Swing weight  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swing weight    Swing weight  I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 10:43 pm

acidic88 wrote:
madmaru wrote:

I think I saw a couple at GH Funan. Give them a call and see if its there.

bro tried they dun have it
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

Swing weight  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swing weight    Swing weight  I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 10:57 pm

ljlow wrote:

Fundamental aside, given all things equal, 5w-D1 while 4w-D4 is a huge reverse gap...
On swingweight fitting, a general rule of thumb, SW should increase as the club becomes shorter.
since given your swing fundamental, you are hitting 5w consistently and longer than 4w, i wd say that that your swing are more suitable to D1... with D4, more head feel, the club might be 'too heavy' for you...

(...I'm juz a beginner techie...Above are all personal opinion and experience...)

Probably you can try out different D0+/D1 4w and see if it fits before making a purchase...

Bro, you have a very nice looking set of Miura irons. How much did you paid for it? How is the feel with KBS Tour shafts?
Back to top Go down
ljlow
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Swing weight  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swing weight    Swing weight  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 11:28 am

Turbo wrote:

Bro, you have a very nice looking set of Miura irons. How much did you paid for it? How is the feel with KBS Tour shafts?

Thanks, bro...
I would say it cost me a bomb... but the enjoyment that brought about is invaluable...
it's a love-hate relationship...

not able to comment much on shaft cos i did not make any comparison...
i simply trust my fitter... Smile
Back to top Go down
DKing
Caddy
Caddy
DKing

Swing weight  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swing weight    Swing weight  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 11:40 am

ljlow wrote:
Turbo wrote:

Thanks, bro...
I would say it cost me a bomb... but the enjoyment that brought about is invaluable...
it's a love-hate relationship...

not able to comment much on shaft cos i did not make any comparison...
i simply trust my fitter... Smile

Stanley?

By the way, I know of someone who is selling a set of very new CB202.
Below 1.5k. Not sure if it's still available but I can ask if anyone is interested.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Swing weight  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swing weight    Swing weight  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Swing weight
Page 1 of 1