Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The New VEYLIX shaft - 3 tester needed

Go down 
+25
Birdman
haragolfer
Derek
DKing
zhikang
slinger
joshyo
musashi75
mengteck71
4dtoto
shorthitter
Yarra
Daztasiumz
Turbo
nicasio
duffader
Denmeister
Technospaz
willytan
enwee
paul@golf
herpderp
Gofnut
asahi
DGman
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
4dtoto
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
4dtoto

The New VEYLIX shaft - 3 tester needed - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The New VEYLIX shaft - 3 tester needed   The New VEYLIX shaft - 3 tester needed - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 8:36 am

Asahi, you are BANNED!....shoo shoo...
Back to top Go down
herpderp
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
herpderp

PostSubject: Re: The New VEYLIX shaft - 3 tester needed   The New VEYLIX shaft - 3 tester needed - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 8:37 am

asahi wrote:
DGman wrote:
wow i have recieved lots of pm, sms and even death threats....Smile

cheers...DGman

PS..Asahi..banned!!! cos i ordered some sake and it never came.
Hiaz....if only my courier for the sake is as efficient as yours.

Embarassed 

In that case, can I demo the towel and pouch? Hehe

pig 

Btw, it was not me who text you at 3.16 pm to say that yr new trackman is in danger of walking away....
lol!
Back to top Go down
herpderp
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
herpderp

PostSubject: Re: The New VEYLIX shaft - 3 tester needed   The New VEYLIX shaft - 3 tester needed - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 8:37 am

4dtoto wrote:
Mr Bob still testing stuff ah! XD
Back to top Go down
4dtoto
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
4dtoto

PostSubject: Re: The New VEYLIX shaft - 3 tester needed   The New VEYLIX shaft - 3 tester needed - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 8:41 am

herpderp wrote:
4dtoto wrote:
Mr Bob still testing stuff ah! XD
If available for testing...will luv too...try once may regret once, no try guarantee regret forever...
Back to top Go down
mengteck71
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mengteck71

PostSubject: Re: The New VEYLIX shaft - 3 tester needed   The New VEYLIX shaft - 3 tester needed - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 1:16 pm

am I too late to register? my 7i only about 140m. Would love to try the mid 50g range Smile
Back to top Go down
musashi75
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: The New VEYLIX shaft - 3 tester needed   The New VEYLIX shaft - 3 tester needed - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 2:09 pm

Nice shaft. Can I try? 7 iron 140m.
Back to top Go down
herpderp
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
herpderp

PostSubject: Re: The New VEYLIX shaft - 3 tester needed   The New VEYLIX shaft - 3 tester needed - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 3:13 pm

looks like i dont get to try >______<
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: The New VEYLIX shaft - 3 tester needed   The New VEYLIX shaft - 3 tester needed - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 9:41 pm

wah looks like i got to give out 8 shafts to try...3 of the tester i am going to announce and 3 i will PM them separately plus the rest, you know when to come.

so this is how we are going to do it...bring in your driver and please do not bring a dinosaur or we will give it to the alternate.

130 m - enwee (first choice)/ alternate - tbc
140 m - turbo (first choice)/ alternate - mengteck71
150 m - herpderp...i am sure he will be at the shop earlier than me tomorrow so no need for alternate.

special media slot - the "blue" bird man

for the rest of the stun gang, i will see you on saturday anyways.

mystery tester.

130 - still awaiting confirmation
140 - a_golf
150 or more - n----d

you know who you are so please come.

for the rest, lets see how this will match up. a new shaft will be available for testing soon. the boss came to see me today and assured me that BFG will be the first to get the demos.....so stay tuned...

DGman...

btw sorry for the delay but i have been busy with my new toy. it seems that i can now sit in the putting area and still be able to see the numbers 2 rooms away. first and the only one in Singapore...hopefully not for very long cos i heard a forum member is getting one soon....with mytrackman, maybe i can fit from home or someone else in the world....haha

The New VEYLIX shaft - 3 tester needed - Page 2 10421842683_e65dc8dc7c_z

The New VEYLIX shaft - 3 tester needed - Page 2 10421699266_f158b0dc36_z
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: The New VEYLIX shaft - 3 tester needed   The New VEYLIX shaft - 3 tester needed - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 11:42 pm

Hi Eric,

Many thanks for your kind gesture in allowing me to test your prototype driver shaft ... I am afraid I will not be available in the next 1-2 weeks. Therefore please do allow Bro Mengteck to proceed first ... Cool 

Cheerz,
Turbo
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: The New VEYLIX shaft - 3 tester needed   The New VEYLIX shaft - 3 tester needed - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 11:52 pm

Eric, I'll go down maybe on thurs or sat. Thks
Back to top Go down
Yarra
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: The New VEYLIX shaft - 3 tester needed   The New VEYLIX shaft - 3 tester needed - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 1:00 am

Looks like I am in town a week too early...
Back to top Go down
joshyo
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
joshyo

PostSubject: Re: The New VEYLIX shaft - 3 tester needed   The New VEYLIX shaft - 3 tester needed - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 2:25 am

Now i see what is ew up to next.. mental preparation for poisoning.
Back to top Go down
nicasio
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: The New VEYLIX shaft - 3 tester needed   The New VEYLIX shaft - 3 tester needed - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 7:05 am

What a nice Dell Precision notebook with the new trackman.....Very Happy
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: The New VEYLIX shaft - 3 tester needed   The New VEYLIX shaft - 3 tester needed - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 8:45 am

No veylix....nvm.
I want to try the new shaft!!!!
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: The New VEYLIX shaft - 3 tester needed   The New VEYLIX shaft - 3 tester needed - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 9:21 am

Turbo wrote:
Hi Eric,

Many thanks for your kind gesture in allowing me to test your prototype driver shaft ... I am afraid I will not be available in the next 1-2 weeks. Therefore please do allow Bro Mengteck to proceed first ... Cool 

Cheerz,
Turbo
i am sure brother Mengteck will be in the office earlier than me today.....

BO and Bob...you 2 obviously are not very observant....i say 8 shafts, go figure it out....
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: The New VEYLIX shaft - 3 tester needed   The New VEYLIX shaft - 3 tester needed - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 10:12 am

Early reviews in the US..

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/858510-veylix-shafts-a-force-to-be-reckoned-with-updated-pg-6-roughneck/

As good as it gets. 

p.s boss, coming in tmr lah. Hehe
Back to top Go down
mengteck71
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mengteck71

PostSubject: Re: The New VEYLIX shaft - 3 tester needed   The New VEYLIX shaft - 3 tester needed - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 11:06 am

DGman wrote:
Turbo wrote:
Hi Eric,

Cheerz,
Turbo

BO and Bob...you 2 obviously are not very observant....i say 8 shafts, go figure it out....
Thanks Turbo and DGman, I can try in on course in JCC game tomorrow Smile
Back to top Go down
mengteck71
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mengteck71

PostSubject: Re: The New VEYLIX shaft - 3 tester needed   The New VEYLIX shaft - 3 tester needed - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 5:45 pm

I am fortunate to get hold of the Alphina 573 and managed to hit some balls at the range just now. Here is a quick and short review:

Looks:
Graphics looks cools and definitely blends well with the OptiForce 440cc. Very pleasing to the eyes at setup.

Feel:
Feels easy to swing and even when i use my 'cow" strength, it seems to be able to hold up well.  Have more spring effect compared to Diamana X 60s.  Smooth and light feel when hit ball on sweet spot.

Distance:
Distance seems to be similar or slight further then Diamana X.  For those who is familiar with Sembawang CC range, most balls (say abt 75%) land just before the No 1 Triangle and bounce over it.  On non sweet hits, it still able to roll to the bottom of the net.

Dispersion:
Cant really comment on this yet but ball flights are straight and to my liking on good hits. Those with good hits have quite tight dispersion.

I did not hit many balls as there is a game tomorrow. However, out of the 30+ balls I hit, I have a pleasant experience and it performed pass my expectations with good (not flying yet) colours.

Will try out more games before I update more. Nonetheless, I am inclined to keep the shaft for good based on this virgin range session. cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: The New VEYLIX shaft - 3 tester needed   The New VEYLIX shaft - 3 tester needed - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 12:26 am

in some other forum, its what some will term as a first blood report....at 1/4 the price of the X, i think its not a bad first experience.

most important of all, its of legal age.

so keep it coming....

i meant the field report.....now i am beginning to sound like a Mr BS Tang.....
Back to top Go down
4dtoto
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
4dtoto

PostSubject: Re: The New VEYLIX shaft - 3 tester needed   The New VEYLIX shaft - 3 tester needed - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 8:28 am

DGman wrote:
Turbo wrote:
Hi Eric,

Cheerz,
Turbo

BO, MTL !....faster, quick leg quick hand..
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: The New VEYLIX shaft - 3 tester needed   The New VEYLIX shaft - 3 tester needed - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 11:48 am

More review on youtube
Back to top Go down
mengteck71
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mengteck71

PostSubject: Re: The New VEYLIX shaft - 3 tester needed   The New VEYLIX shaft - 3 tester needed - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 3:03 pm

mengteck71 wrote:
I am fortunate to get hold of the Alphina 573 and managed to hit some balls at the range just now. Here is a quick and short review:

Looks:
Graphics looks cools and definitely blends well with the OptiForce 440cc. Very pleasing to the eyes at setup.

Feel:
Feels easy to swing and even when i use my 'cow" strength, it seems to be able to hold up well.  Have more spring effect compared to Diamana X 60s.  Smooth and light feel when hit ball on sweet spot.

Distance:
Distance seems to be similar or slight further then Diamana X.  For those who is familiar with Sembawang CC range, most balls (say abt 75%) land just before the No 1 Triangle and bounce over it.  On non sweet hits, it still able to roll to the bottom of the net.

Dispersion:
Cant really comment on this yet but ball flights are straight and to my liking on good hits. Those with good hits have quite tight dispersion.

I did not hit many balls as there is a game tomorrow. However, out of the 30+ balls I hit, I have a pleasant experience and it performed pass my expectations with good (not flying yet) colours.

Will try out more games before I update more. Nonetheless, I am inclined to keep the shaft for good based on this virgin range session. cheers cheers cheers
After JCC Game today:

Feel:
The feel was good when using a smooth tempo. It feels springy but stable and solid.  Definitely easier to swing as compared to the Diamana X.  When I whack with 'cow' strength, I never hit the sweet spot, hence, can't really comment as not sure if it is my unstable swing or it was due to shaft. I tend to belief it is the former.

Ball Flight:
Ball flight is stable and hold the line of flight. It is higher then the Diamana X but it does not balloon. It climb steadily and then start to descend. Cant really comment on the roll as can't really see.  Even with Pull and Push shots, it just go straight  left or right Sad

Distance:
Cant really comment as not familiar with JCC.  WILL only comment after game at home course this weekend as i am familiar where I usually land for various tee shots.

After Virgin Game, I am elated on its performance.  I have to remind myself to hit with smooth tempo and not with 'cow' strength. Feel was good and ball flight is pleasing - watching it holding its line.  Still a positive experience although the shaft is not run-in yet.
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: The New VEYLIX shaft - 3 tester needed   The New VEYLIX shaft - 3 tester needed - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 3:16 pm

I test your driver for you lah!!! Before I fix up mine. Hahaha

Seriously, the springy feel is during loading of shaft or upon impact?
Back to top Go down
mengteck71
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mengteck71

PostSubject: Re: The New VEYLIX shaft - 3 tester needed   The New VEYLIX shaft - 3 tester needed - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 4:57 pm

i not so technical. Not sure what is Loading or Spin pig pig pig
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: The New VEYLIX shaft - 3 tester needed   The New VEYLIX shaft - 3 tester needed - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 5:21 pm

2 more testers out of the gate today...hopefully we will learn more about the shaft. 

thank you for taking part in this testing exercise.

DGman
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The New VEYLIX shaft - 3 tester needed   The New VEYLIX shaft - 3 tester needed - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The New VEYLIX shaft - 3 tester needed
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next