Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The New VEYLIX shaft - 3 tester needed

Go down 
+25
Birdman
haragolfer
Derek
DKing
zhikang
slinger
joshyo
musashi75
mengteck71
4dtoto
shorthitter
Yarra
Daztasiumz
Turbo
nicasio
duffader
Denmeister
Technospaz
willytan
enwee
paul@golf
herpderp
Gofnut
asahi
DGman
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
mengteck71
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mengteck71

The New VEYLIX shaft - 3 tester needed - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The New VEYLIX shaft - 3 tester needed   The New VEYLIX shaft - 3 tester needed - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 9:21 pm

andrew-golf wrote:
had a social game with 2 beginners today. my lower back was sore and i was taking it easy. Mine is a regular flex. dunno the weight haha. but i know its 44.75" and D2 swing weight
I dun even know my shaft Flex and Weight and CPM (seems like it is not printed on shaft hahaha).. but really must swing with smooth tempo and no use "cow" then ball flight nice and straight. :p
Back to top Go down
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
andrew-golf

PostSubject: Re: The New VEYLIX shaft - 3 tester needed   The New VEYLIX shaft - 3 tester needed - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 9:31 pm

mengteck71 wrote:
andrew-golf wrote:
had a social game with 2 beginners today. my lower back was sore and i was taking it easy. Mine is a regular flex. dunno the weight haha. but i know its 44.75" and D2 swing weight
I dun even know my shaft Flex and Weight and CPM (seems like it is not printed on shaft hahaha).. but really must swing with smooth tempo and no use "cow" then ball flight nice and straight. :p
Haha I also don't know

DGman wanted to give me stiff flex. I said no no.  Regular flex

D4 swing weight down to D2

But load also quite stable. Smooth swing ball go further cos of the natural kick back of the shaft
Back to top Go down
astroboy888
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: The New VEYLIX shaft - 3 tester needed   The New VEYLIX shaft - 3 tester needed - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 1:45 am

A big thank you to Eric for letting me have a R7 Superquad TP head from his personal treasure trove (to replace the one I just broke, in fact it's the 2nd I cracked) and for fitting it with a VEYLIX  shaft. 

The club will arrive in NZ on the 5th and I cannot wait to try it out. 

Asahi, I like the way your review was written.

Judging from the reviews so far it should be a pleasure to use. I will give me feedback soon.
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: The New VEYLIX shaft - 3 tester needed   The New VEYLIX shaft - 3 tester needed - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 10:29 am

Actually a non contributing forummer took out the shaft and he told me its no difference from his existing shaft. only when i told him the price which is in the mid $200 range that he went...ah at that price, its a different story.

for Veylix shafts, its our aim to introduce a performance shaft which allows those who have never tried driver fitting to get some advantage....without costing an arm and a leg.

for those who have tried club fitting, its also a way for them to understand the difference in an expensive aftermarket versus the Veylix.

in my opinion, the Veylix is very new in the marketplace but its a credible shaft which delivers at a price that will not deter those who have never invested in a aftermarket shaft.

testing will be another few weeks before we bring in the main troop.

i would like to thank those who have come forward to test the shaft and for their inputs. 

DGman

PS - we are closed this saturday as my colleague have given me a long weekend to enjoy Deevapali...Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: The New VEYLIX shaft - 3 tester needed   The New VEYLIX shaft - 3 tester needed - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 11:53 am

Closed on Sat!? How can!?

Oh dear....thought can drop by for a 'visit'.

Boss, how bout I tend the den for you tmr?
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: The New VEYLIX shaft - 3 tester needed   The New VEYLIX shaft - 3 tester needed - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 2:01 pm

i testing out new recipes too....
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: The New VEYLIX shaft - 3 tester needed   The New VEYLIX shaft - 3 tester needed - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 9:17 pm

DGman wrote:
i testing out new recipes too....
Stop being distracted and focus on your main job lah, boss.

Anyway, like what DGman mentioned, the price is attractive for a shaft performing at almost same level with higher pricing performance shafts.

Had this shaft came out 1-2 yrs back, I would have saved a lot of moolah for hotpools!
Back to top Go down
Gofnut
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: The New VEYLIX shaft - 3 tester needed   The New VEYLIX shaft - 3 tester needed - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 11:33 pm

Hi All,

I was fortunate to be chosen as one of the few to try out the Veylix shaft. Met up with DGman on a Saturday afternoon and using his Trackman Monitor, he got me to hit a few warm up shots with my 7iron before moving on to my Ping G10 driver that was fitted many years ago by Ping with a ProLaunch Red by Grafalloy shaft. According to the data generate by the Trackman I was told that my Angle of Attack was too steep i.e. I was hitting the ball on the downswing and this inefficiency resulted in loss of distance. Was advised to place my ball marginally more to my left, tee it slightly higher, widen my stance and slightly tilt down my right shoulders to promote a shallower AOA. At the end of the session, my driver was fitted with the Veylix Alpina 573 shaft (I think with SR flex; sorry did not check length, swing weight and other details as I am not much of a technical golfer)
I have been gaming the past two weeks with the newly fitted driver. Initial shots were fading/slicing to right but this was due to faulty swing rather than the shaft. Once I got the hang of it and became comfortable swinging the driver, the results were much better. Noted that the ball flight was higher than when I was using the ProLaunch Red and straight (maybe due to improvement in AOA?). I found the Veylix shaft to be stable and did not feel whippy at all. Distance wise, there is noticeable improvement (some ten to twenty meters longer) and the best results were when I swing it smooth rather than hard. The Veylix shaft in my view is easier to hit as compared to the PrLlaunch Red and with the same strength, I get better distance. Overall, an improvement over the ProLaunch Red and I have no hesitation in keeping this shaft for future games.

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: The New VEYLIX shaft - 3 tester needed   The New VEYLIX shaft - 3 tester needed - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 10:01 am

Thank you Por….for your review and confidence in the Veylix.

there were some optimisation on the swing thought and mechanics. coupled with the right weight and shaft characteristic, the improvement will be massive. best of all i feel is the fact that the right weight will ensure that the golfer will maximise his or her performance every time and not just the occasion length achieved.

from a non scientific point of view, the right shaft must do the following:

1. allow the golfer to swing within his or her means. no point trying to hard and handling something too weak or too strong. it must be a repeatable action and hence the total weight must be right.
2. promote the right action with the golfer's natural swing characteristic. if one plays with a shaft that is built with characteristic that opposed the player's natural movement, it will not be fitting a club to a swing.
3. allow the golfer to stand over the ball and feel confident at address - a result of the above.

just wanted to simplify the fitting process and not make it sound like its too much of a rocket science. like i have said, the Veylix is in our opinion a great product for those who are trying out fitting for the first time without burning a hole in the pocket.

surprisingly we have a "test" golfer who came in with a Matrix TP HD 7. i received a message last nite and it read " first time out with shaft - found 13 out of 14 fairways. gross 76 off black. Happy days are back Smile"

best news is all those who have tried have not returned the shaft yet. we don't expect 100% success but so far the shafts are delivering to expectations.

Have a great week ahead….DGman
Back to top Go down
astroboy888
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: The New VEYLIX shaft - 3 tester needed   The New VEYLIX shaft - 3 tester needed - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 4:40 pm

Just a short non professional review of the VEYLIX shaft fitted on a old school TaylorMade R7 TP Superquad. The head is a tour issue version. 

I won't go into  to much details about how it performed with me as I'm not a very consistent hitter. The whole set up just arrived last week and I have used it a couple of times. Initially I found it different in weight and feel to my older Superquad fitted with a Fujikura Rombak.

Long story short, I followed the advice of the other testers about not trying to hit it too hard but to have a comfortable swing. After about 50 balls at the range I was getting used to the setup and was starting to hit the ball pretty straight and far. 

I will be speaking to Eric about keeping this shaft as I cannot fault it to date. I won't bore all of you with how long the balls went but suffice to say, it was pretty good for a skinny Asian who's just a year shy of 50 playing against some of the younger Kiwis. 

The real interesting part of the 'test' is when my older brother who is 51 and has not hit a golf ball in about 3 - 4 years.

He picked up my driver and started to hit the balls so straight and far that all the Kiwis at the driving range who were in bays to our left and right stopped to watch him. One of the guys later asked me if my brother was a Asian pro. Ha! Ha! After watching my brother hit the balls so sweet and straight without any effort, it made me realize that in the hands of a competent golfer the shaft and head was not to be blamed if it did not perform.

My 75 year old father also got in on the act and started hitting this set up much better then his regular driver. My dad who used to play off 2 and is now playing off 13 really liked the setup as well. He liked it so much that he wants to bring it back to Brunei with him when he returns next week.

So there you go. A non informative and non professional review. Ha! Ha!. 

In all seriousness, what Eric said in his recent post hit it right on the nail. The equipment you use has to complement your style of swing so best to work with a good fitter to help you find something that suits your style. 

There will never be one style of shaft or head that will fit all golfers as we are all different.
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: The New VEYLIX shaft - 3 tester needed   The New VEYLIX shaft - 3 tester needed - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 9:27 pm

Looks like i can cook the pig heads instead cos everyone came to pay for the shaft and its too expensive to send a pig head to New Zealand…

thanks for the review Jonathan, i am happy that your dad is taking the driver to Brunei but i am sad cos the Tour Issued R7 Superquad driver is really very difficult to come….. Smile

DGman
Back to top Go down
herpderp
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
herpderp

PostSubject: Re: The New VEYLIX shaft - 3 tester needed   The New VEYLIX shaft - 3 tester needed - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 10:48 pm

Ah shit I forgot to collect my roasted pig!
Back to top Go down
astroboy888
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: The New VEYLIX shaft - 3 tester needed   The New VEYLIX shaft - 3 tester needed - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 11:11 pm

Eric, As much as I love my dad and he hits the ball so well with this set up, it ain't leaving my hands. Ha! Ha! Anyway the moment you put money on the table, dad can play with a polo mallet and beat a lot of people.

See you soon in Spore so no need to send pig's head here. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Yarra
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: The New VEYLIX shaft - 3 tester needed   The New VEYLIX shaft - 3 tester needed - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 12:04 am

astroboy888 wrote:
Just a short non professional review of the VEYLIX shaft fitted on a old school TaylorMade R7 TP Superquad. The head is a tour issue version. 

I won't go into  to much details about how it performed with me as I'm not a very consistent hitter. The whole set up just arrived last week and I have used it a couple of times. Initially I found it different in weight and feel to my older Superquad fitted with a Fujikura Rombak.

Long story short, I followed the advice of the other testers about not trying to hit it too hard but to have a comfortable swing. After about 50 balls at the range I was getting used to the setup and was starting to hit the ball pretty straight and far. 

I will be speaking to Eric about keeping this shaft as I cannot fault it to date. I won't bore all of you with how long the balls went but suffice to say, it was pretty good for a skinny Asian who's just a year shy of 50 playing against some of the younger Kiwis. 

The real interesting part of the 'test' is when my older brother who is 51 and has not hit a golf ball in about 3 - 4 years.

He picked up my driver and started to hit the balls so straight and far that all the Kiwis at the driving range who were in bays to our left and right stopped to watch him. One of the guys later asked me if my brother was a Asian pro. Ha! Ha! After watching my brother hit the balls so sweet and straight without any effort, it made me realize that in the hands of a competent golfer the shaft and head was not to be blamed if it did not perform.

My 75 year old father also got in on the act and started hitting this set up much better then his regular driver. My dad who used to play off 2 and is now playing off 13 really liked the setup as well. He liked it so much that he wants to bring it back to Brunei with him when he returns next week.

So there you go. A non informative and non professional review. Ha! Ha!. 

In all seriousness, what Eric said in his recent post hit it right on the nail. The equipment you use has to complement your style of swing so best to work with a good fitter to help you find something that suits your style. 

There will never be one style of shaft or head that will fit all golfers as we are all different.
It is a nice surprise to know the shaft actually works good with older heads.  I found these days newer shafts don't always work with older heads and vice-versa.  Might give it a try one ay since I am still keeping my 282 heads.  A few of them, in fact...
Back to top Go down
chrislzh
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: The New VEYLIX shaft - 3 tester needed   The New VEYLIX shaft - 3 tester needed - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 12:20 am

I am gaming to have this shaft in my superquad tp head.... Hope it boom...
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: The New VEYLIX shaft - 3 tester needed   The New VEYLIX shaft - 3 tester needed - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 9:36 am

i had a PM on the performance of these shafts this morning. its always great when someone shoots 6 over because of confidence over the tee. 

Tracking No gotten and these babies should be in by this week.

DGman
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The New VEYLIX shaft - 3 tester needed   The New VEYLIX shaft - 3 tester needed - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The New VEYLIX shaft - 3 tester needed
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5