Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Eating Places Close to Ria Bintan

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Gofnut
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

Eating Places Close to Ria Bintan Empty
PostSubject: Eating Places Close to Ria Bintan   Eating Places Close to Ria Bintan I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 12:53 pm

Heard from staff at Ria Bintan of this place called Pasar Oleh Oleh that is close by. Has anyone eaten there? Any other recommendations for place to have dinner? Your feedback is much appreciated.
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: Eating Places Close to Ria Bintan   Eating Places Close to Ria Bintan I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 1:42 pm

maybe u can ask them to send you to club med? The previous time I went, the staff told me club med got more f&b than ria bintan.
Back to top Go down
BestofTheBest
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
BestofTheBest

PostSubject: Re: Eating Places Close to Ria Bintan   Eating Places Close to Ria Bintan I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 1:52 pm

Gofnut wrote:
Heard from staff at Ria Bintan of this place called Pasar Oleh Oleh that is close by. Has anyone eaten there? Any other recommendations for place to have dinner? Your feedback is much appreciated.
Think pasar oleh oleh has seen better times

the last time we went there, the food was so so

the leg massage was also so so except that they pick us up from Ria Bintan and send us back

having said that, eating at pasar oleh oleh is much cheaper than eating in Ria Bintan
Back to top Go down
TLHENG
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
TLHENG

PostSubject: Re: Eating Places Close to Ria Bintan   Eating Places Close to Ria Bintan I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 2:28 pm

Take a cab to kampong chu yong from ria bintang.  Local seafood at the river mouth.  Delicious pepper crab, deep fried garlic chicken and their home-made sambal chilli.  About 40mins drive from ria.
Back to top Go down
Gofnut
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Eating Places Close to Ria Bintan   Eating Places Close to Ria Bintan I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 2:38 pm

TLHENG wrote:
Take a cab to kampong chu yong from ria bintang.  Local seafood at the river mouth.  Delicious pepper crab, deep fried garlic chicken and their home-made sambal chilli.  About 40mins drive from ria.
Hi TLHENG, thanks for the info. Did you make transport arrangements through Ria Bintan and what was the cost?
Back to top Go down
TLHENG
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
TLHENG

PostSubject: Re: Eating Places Close to Ria Bintan   Eating Places Close to Ria Bintan I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 2:50 pm

ask the ria counter to book the taxi or ask the ria transport driver to arrange.  they will arrange their taxi friend for you.  2 ways around  sgd$40/-
Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

PostSubject: Re: Eating Places Close to Ria Bintan   Eating Places Close to Ria Bintan I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 3:07 pm

IMHO not worth to take the long drive out of the resort area into town and eat

I'm speaking from personal experience cos I feel the food is so so only, does not justify the long drive

But then again, everyone is different 
I just wanna share my personal experience
Back to top Go down
TLHENG
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
TLHENG

PostSubject: Re: Eating Places Close to Ria Bintan   Eating Places Close to Ria Bintan I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 3:14 pm

have you tried those at kampong chu yong?

IMHO not worth to take the long drive out of the resort area into town and eat

I'm speaking from personal experience cos I feel the food is so so only, does not justify the long drive

But then again, everyone is different 
I just wanna share my personal experience
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eating Places Close to Ria Bintan   Eating Places Close to Ria Bintan I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Eating Places Close to Ria Bintan
Page 1 of 1