Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Just Think Out Loud - Will TW Swallow His Pride And Ask Stevie To Be On His Bag Again

Go down 
+11
Duval_S
chien
Daztasiumz
Turbo
eiji
hkhamateur
Begbie
enwee
pushslice
Technospaz
TDO
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

Just Think Out Loud - Will TW Swallow His Pride And Ask Stevie To Be On His Bag Again - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Think Out Loud - Will TW Swallow His Pride And Ask Stevie To Be On His Bag Again   Just Think Out Loud - Will TW Swallow His Pride And Ask Stevie To Be On His Bag Again - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 10:52 am

pushslice wrote:
So if even Greg Norman or Sir Nick Faldo are not eligible to comment... What do we make of everyone posting a comment here then?
We are discussing/commenting among ourselves within a forum and not on a global stage in a professional fashion ... There is a big difference as the impact is significantly different. It is juz like one who criticizes the ruling political party in the public arena versus one who did it in his own home or at the kopitiam level ...Can see the differences? Laughing
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

Just Think Out Loud - Will TW Swallow His Pride And Ask Stevie To Be On His Bag Again - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Think Out Loud - Will TW Swallow His Pride And Ask Stevie To Be On His Bag Again   Just Think Out Loud - Will TW Swallow His Pride And Ask Stevie To Be On His Bag Again - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 11:37 am

Turbo wrote:
pushslice wrote:
So if even Greg Norman or Sir Nick Faldo are not eligible to comment... What do we make of everyone posting a comment here then?
We are discussing/commenting among ourselves within a forum and not on a global stage in a professional fashion ... There is a big difference as the impact is significantly different. It is juz like one who criticizes the ruling political party in the public arena versus one who did it in his own home or at the kopitiam level ...Can see the differences? Laughing
This is what we call "Kopi Talk".Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: Just Think Out Loud - Will TW Swallow His Pride And Ask Stevie To Be On His Bag Again   Just Think Out Loud - Will TW Swallow His Pride And Ask Stevie To Be On His Bag Again - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 11:37 am

Yeah I get it. I am just playing off the thought suggested above. Its silly to judge people worthiness to comment/have opinion. Put yourself i Greg Norman shoes, and apply the same thinking. Must have 14 majors to have an opinion? How many majors u have? Must be as good as Butch Harmon to be a coach? That line of thinking is silly to me.

its us/tv watchers/the news readers who make things bigger/more important that they are. 

Anyways I digress...i still think Tiger has a lot of years left. Whatever problems he has today, caddy or technique or health...the curtain is far from closed. Wait 10yrs and then lets tabulate the majors.
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: Just Think Out Loud - Will TW Swallow His Pride And Ask Stevie To Be On His Bag Again   Just Think Out Loud - Will TW Swallow His Pride And Ask Stevie To Be On His Bag Again - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 11:41 am

Btw Im no fan of Tiger or Steve liao...i prefer Steve Stricker and the caddies at Las Vegas like here

http://www.waltersgolf.com/par-mates-caddy-program.asp
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Just Think Out Loud - Will TW Swallow His Pride And Ask Stevie To Be On His Bag Again   Just Think Out Loud - Will TW Swallow His Pride And Ask Stevie To Be On His Bag Again - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 2:11 pm

pushslice wrote:
Btw Im no fan of Tiger or Steve liao...i prefer Steve Stricker and the caddies at Las Vegas like here

http://www.waltersgolf.com/par-mates-caddy-program.asp
My oh my! US$225 for a gorgeous parmate ... I definitely wouldn't mind ... I guess we have to experience it at least once in our lifetime if you are The Man! Sounds like the one in SZ, China called Golf Diva club but the difference is, the latter has mates with handicaps and brains and hence, these are real playing cum social partners but not juz a caddy cum hostess ... Cool Laughing Twisted Evil

Last edited by Turbo on Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:26 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Just Think Out Loud - Will TW Swallow His Pride And Ask Stevie To Be On His Bag Again   Just Think Out Loud - Will TW Swallow His Pride And Ask Stevie To Be On His Bag Again - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 2:15 pm

Guys, do u want her to be your parmate for a round of 18th or perhaps throw in a 19th as well? Twisted Evil 

Just Think Out Loud - Will TW Swallow His Pride And Ask Stevie To Be On His Bag Again - Page 2 !Kara
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: Just Think Out Loud - Will TW Swallow His Pride And Ask Stevie To Be On His Bag Again   Just Think Out Loud - Will TW Swallow His Pride And Ask Stevie To Be On His Bag Again - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 4:41 pm

Personally, nah! I prefer to concentrate on my golf. Retired from such stuff already. Body can no longer function properly.Laughing 
Back to top Go down
dunlookback
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Just Think Out Loud - Will TW Swallow His Pride And Ask Stevie To Be On His Bag Again   Just Think Out Loud - Will TW Swallow His Pride And Ask Stevie To Be On His Bag Again - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 6:58 am

Steve is just a loud, unloyal, , show off caddy. Tiger is world best golfer. Steve if not for tiger no one might have known him. Without steve tiger is still tiger. Do the math Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.golfrepublic.org/t25292-tour-issue-irons-taylormade-r
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
hkhamateur

PostSubject: Re: Just Think Out Loud - Will TW Swallow His Pride And Ask Stevie To Be On His Bag Again   Just Think Out Loud - Will TW Swallow His Pride And Ask Stevie To Be On His Bag Again - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 7:49 am

dunlookback wrote:
Steve is just a loud, unloyal, , show off caddy. Tiger is world best golfer. Steve if not for tiger no one might have known him. Without steve tiger is still tiger. Do the math Smile
Personally agreed. Cool
How many here remb the caddy fr those past major winners?Question 
Not thru internet resources, just know or can recall hor!Laughing
Back to top Go down
audi
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
audi

PostSubject: Re: Just Think Out Loud - Will TW Swallow His Pride And Ask Stevie To Be On His Bag Again   Just Think Out Loud - Will TW Swallow His Pride And Ask Stevie To Be On His Bag Again - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 10:26 pm

dunlookback wrote:
i dont agree on this one. does steve actually play in the tournament? no. but tiger does. so everyone knows tiger. picture this in soccer. does anyone know who is david beckham's manager? no. but everyone knows who is david beckham. does manager play a part in beckham's great soccer history? yes of course. but he didnt get as much credit as beckham cos he is not the one who's kicking the ball.
Back to top Go down
DLWL
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
DLWL

PostSubject: Re: Just Think Out Loud - Will TW Swallow His Pride And Ask Stevie To Be On His Bag Again   Just Think Out Loud - Will TW Swallow His Pride And Ask Stevie To Be On His Bag Again - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 11:35 pm

I think its not fair to compare Tiger to Steve.
better to compare Steve to Joe LaCava.

That is a better guage.

Ofcoz we can't see the full picture from the television coverage,
but somehow, my personal feel is that Joe lacks the courage to correct Tiger on the putting lines.

Clutch putting has been his Achilles heel and he has been misjudging lines and strength a lot, especially during the Majors.

Steve will probably stop Tiger to verify both reads. I'm not sure Joe has the same courage.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just Think Out Loud - Will TW Swallow His Pride And Ask Stevie To Be On His Bag Again   Just Think Out Loud - Will TW Swallow His Pride And Ask Stevie To Be On His Bag Again - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just Think Out Loud - Will TW Swallow His Pride And Ask Stevie To Be On His Bag Again
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2