Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Just Think Out Loud - Will TW Swallow His Pride And Ask Stevie To Be On His Bag Again

Go down 
+11
Duval_S
chien
Daztasiumz
Turbo
eiji
hkhamateur
Begbie
enwee
pushslice
Technospaz
TDO
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

Just Think Out Loud - Will TW Swallow His Pride And Ask Stevie To Be On His Bag Again Empty
PostSubject: Just Think Out Loud - Will TW Swallow His Pride And Ask Stevie To Be On His Bag Again   Just Think Out Loud - Will TW Swallow His Pride And Ask Stevie To Be On His Bag Again I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 10:18 am

I am thinking the unthinkable. Ever since Stevie is on Adam Scotts' bag, the golfer has gone on to bag his 1st Major, and then came close to the 2nd. Would TW swallow his pride and ask Stevie to be on his bag again. Would Stevie leave AS in the lurch to carry TW's bag. Naughty questions.Shocked 

Last edited by TDO on Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

Just Think Out Loud - Will TW Swallow His Pride And Ask Stevie To Be On His Bag Again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Think Out Loud - Will TW Swallow His Pride And Ask Stevie To Be On His Bag Again   Just Think Out Loud - Will TW Swallow His Pride And Ask Stevie To Be On His Bag Again I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 10:31 am

Nah, TW would be too proud to do that.
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: Just Think Out Loud - Will TW Swallow His Pride And Ask Stevie To Be On His Bag Again   Just Think Out Loud - Will TW Swallow His Pride And Ask Stevie To Be On His Bag Again I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 10:47 am

He already won 5 tournaments this year! 

Just be patient and be healthy. He's only 38 yrs old. Phil Mick, Vijay, Els and Darren Clarke won majors in their 40s. 

Fans live in the moment and very quick to judge.
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: Just Think Out Loud - Will TW Swallow His Pride And Ask Stevie To Be On His Bag Again   Just Think Out Loud - Will TW Swallow His Pride And Ask Stevie To Be On His Bag Again I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 10:49 am

I think TW is doing great this year, except for majors, he won 5 times this year including the players which is the unofficial 5th major, even in the major he did not do badly too.
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: Just Think Out Loud - Will TW Swallow His Pride And Ask Stevie To Be On His Bag Again   Just Think Out Loud - Will TW Swallow His Pride And Ask Stevie To Be On His Bag Again I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 10:51 am

Unfortunately, he don't have luck on his side on important moments.Wink 
Back to top Go down
Begbie
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Just Think Out Loud - Will TW Swallow His Pride And Ask Stevie To Be On His Bag Again   Just Think Out Loud - Will TW Swallow His Pride And Ask Stevie To Be On His Bag Again I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 11:00 am

TDO wrote:
I am thinking the unthinkable. Ever since Stevie is on Adam Scotts' bag, the golfer has gone on to bag his 1st Major, and then came the 2nd. Would TW swallow his pride and ask Stevie to be on his bag again. Would Stevie leave AS in the lurch to carry TW's bag. Naughty questions.Shocked 
I believe Adam Scott only won one major which was the master earlier this year, not two.
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: Just Think Out Loud - Will TW Swallow His Pride And Ask Stevie To Be On His Bag Again   Just Think Out Loud - Will TW Swallow His Pride And Ask Stevie To Be On His Bag Again I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 11:21 am

Begbie wrote:
TDO wrote:
I am thinking the unthinkable. Ever since Stevie is on Adam Scotts' bag, the golfer has gone on to bag his 1st Major, and then came the 2nd. Would TW swallow his pride and ask Stevie to be on his bag again. Would Stevie leave AS in the lurch to carry TW's bag. Naughty questions.Shocked 
I believe Adam Scott only won one major which was the master earlier this year, not two.
You are right bro Begbie. My mistake. Thought he had won 2. Thanks for highlighting.Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
hkhamateur

PostSubject: Re: Just Think Out Loud - Will TW Swallow His Pride And Ask Stevie To Be On His Bag Again   Just Think Out Loud - Will TW Swallow His Pride And Ask Stevie To Be On His Bag Again I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 11:32 am

I doubt TW ll do tat. Wink
Bt anything can happen if TW re very hungry or desperate! tongue
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: Just Think Out Loud - Will TW Swallow His Pride And Ask Stevie To Be On His Bag Again   Just Think Out Loud - Will TW Swallow His Pride And Ask Stevie To Be On His Bag Again I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 11:44 am

When has Tiger ever looked back. He has changed his swing coach 3 times Butch, Hank and now Sean. He only looks forward. I am more impressed with him finishing the tourney with such bad back spasms and in pain.
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Just Think Out Loud - Will TW Swallow His Pride And Ask Stevie To Be On His Bag Again   Just Think Out Loud - Will TW Swallow His Pride And Ask Stevie To Be On His Bag Again I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 11:46 am

I believe TW believes in himself and his skill more than a caddy who carries his bag ... Albeit the element of luck may come into play many a time ... He is a gifted golfer, fully committed in changing his swing for the better, mentally strong as an athlete and highly competitive ...As such, I am pretty sure he will clinch at least 3 more Majors before he retired ... Maybe he can surpass Jack's major record when he reaches the appropriate age to play in the Snr PGA tour ... Laughing
Back to top Go down
Daztasiumz
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Daztasiumz

PostSubject: Re: Just Think Out Loud - Will TW Swallow His Pride And Ask Stevie To Be On His Bag Again   Just Think Out Loud - Will TW Swallow His Pride And Ask Stevie To Be On His Bag Again I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 12:06 pm

Turbo wrote:
I believe TW believes in himself and his skill more than a caddy who carries his bag ... Albeit the element of luck may come into play many a time ... He is a gifted golfer, fully committed in changing his swing for the better, mentally strong as an athlete and highly competitive ...As such, I am pretty sure he will clinch at least 3 more Majors before he retired ... Maybe he can surpass Jack's major record when he reaches the appropriate age to play in the Snr PGA tour ... Laughing
Just Think Out Loud - Will TW Swallow His Pride And Ask Stevie To Be On His Bag Again Imagejpeg
Back to top Go down
Daztasiumz
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Daztasiumz

PostSubject: Re: Just Think Out Loud - Will TW Swallow His Pride And Ask Stevie To Be On His Bag Again   Just Think Out Loud - Will TW Swallow His Pride And Ask Stevie To Be On His Bag Again I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 12:09 pm

Bro turbo. You remember this?

4.19.2013, 10:50 AM

Tiger Woods’ ex-caddie Steve Williams says his former boss should have been DQ’d from the Masters 

Just Think Out Loud - Will TW Swallow His Pride And Ask Stevie To Be On His Bag Again ImageProcessor?image=http%3a%2f%2fassets.nydailynews.com%2fpolopoly_fs%2f1.1321723.1366382817!%2fimg%2fhttpImage%2fmasters-golfCharlie Riedel/AP
Tiger Woods drop on the 15th hole at the Masters Friday leads to a two-shot penalty.

Steve Williams, the caddie for Masters champion Adam Scott, has told 3 News New Zealand his old boss, Tiger Woods, should have been disqualified for signing an incorrect scorecard after his Dropgate incident on the 15th hole of Friday's round.
Williams insisted that Woods wasn't cheating when he took his drop two yards further back than was allowed. Still, he would have DQ'd him.
"Tiger certainly wasn't trying to gain anything on the field there. Obviously, he was frustrated. He mistook the rule between a red line and a yellow line. He didn't do that intentionally. It was a mistake," he said. "But in the fairness of the rules, he should have been disqualified. He signed a scorecard and left the course. He committed a penalty. If he had the chance to view it, he would have put two strokes on himself. He didn't get that chance but if the rules of golf were upheld, I believe he should have been disqualified."
The 3 News crew met Williams after he landed at the airport in Aukland. It was the first interview he granted since Scott defeated Angel Cabrera on the second playoff hole to win his first major. Williams caddied for Woods in three of his four Masters victories and for two of Greg Norman's three runnerup finishes.
Williams admitted he didn't know the details of rule 33-7, which reprieved Woods because he wasn't questioned about the drop before signing his scorecard, the Masters competition committee having viewed the tape and determined Woods had dropped close enough to the original spot.
He was much more interested in discussing Scott's victory, in which he played such a key role. After Scott, he had to be the second-happiest guy at Augusta National as darkness began to fall on the scene.
"To be part of someone's dream . . . Adam's dreamt of winning the Masters since he was a kid. Greg Norman was his idol. I caddied for Greg in a couple of heartbreaking losses at Augusta. He was aware of that," Williams said. "It's well documented Adam's not an emotional person and to see the emotions that poured out of him . . .  it was great to be a part of.
"Obviously I'm caddying for another player," Williams said when asked to compare this to Woods' wins. "As (someone) being touted as one of the best players in the world not having won a major . . . I guess one of the sole reasons I went to work for Adam was to help him get over that hump. To actually get over that line, what can I say?"
Scott gave Williams a lot of the credit for his winning putt on the 10th hole, which had was reading incorrectly until he called his caddie in.
Sometimes instinct is the best thing and I trust my instincts, I always have," he explained. "He asked me to read the putt and I was kind of shocked; he hadn't asked me all day. They're very difficult greens to read because everything is speed oriented. You don't often see players ask caddies to read putts at Augusta just because of the speed. But when he called me in he said, ‘I'm reading the putt one cup out to the right and I said, ‘Adam, this putt's fast and it breaks more than you think.'"
Just Think Out Loud - Will TW Swallow His Pride And Ask Stevie To Be On His Bag Again ImageProcessor?image=http%3a%2f%2fassets.nydailynews.com%2fpolopoly_fs%2f1.1321722.1366382811!%2fimg%2fhttpImage%2fimage.jpg_gen%2fderivatives%2flandscape_635%2ftigerweb20s-2-web
SUNNY SUNG/AP
Tiger Woods (l.) and Steve Williams celebrate Masters victory in 2001.
Williams had obviously been on that green countless times since he started to caddie for Norman in 1982.
"I didn't know for sure but having looked at it, I knew the green was quick one way and slow the other which means it breaks more one way than the other," he noted. "I knew that putt just broke more than it looks. Your instincts tell you and he holed it. When that putt was going down there and I'm standing to the right of him, I knew he had started it two cups out and that's when your heart flutters a little bit. Those are the moments you dream of. Those are the moments why you caddie."
Scott didn't mention it, but Williams also changed his club selection from an 8- to a 7-iron on the shot he hit into the green that set up the final 12-footer.
"I'd noticed when we got to the playoff hole it was colder than it was in regulation," Williams told 3 News. "The cloud ceiling was lower so it was really getting cold. He actually had less yardage and I told him it was not enough. I told him he needed seven, not eight. I said, ‘it's cold and really wet and you've got to get this ball up onto the green.'"
Williams said they didn't hit the wrong club once all week.
It was in stark contrast to Scott's finish at Royal Lytham at last year's British Open, where he lost a four-shot lead with four straight closing bogeys. It was hardly an example of player-caddie cooperation. Scott told Williams he didn't want any advice although Williams did tell him to stay short of the back bunker he hit into on 17. When Scott missed his final par putt on 18, giving Erne Els the claret jug, Williams looked as though he was in disbelief. He sped from the course as quickly as possible.
Williams wasn't asked about that day but he did recall how he gave Woods advice on the 71st hole at Medinah, where they won their first of 13 majors together, the 1999 PGA.
"Tiger had a nine-10-foot putt he asked me to read and I overruled his read as well," he said. "I 100 per cent assured him the read I was giving him was right and he holed that putt and that was the beginning of a successful relationship between myself and Tiger. That was another special moment in my career. He gave me a big photo of him holding the trophy ‘Nice read on 17.' That was special."
Williams told 3 News he only plans to caddie fulltime through the end of the 2014 season before staying home more to see his now seven-year-old son grow up.
"My family comes first now. Adam knows that," he said. "My next goal is to try to get Adam to a second major championship. Greatness is achieved in my eyes when you win two."

Hank Gola
Back to top Go down
chien
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chien

PostSubject: Re: Just Think Out Loud - Will TW Swallow His Pride And Ask Stevie To Be On His Bag Again   Just Think Out Loud - Will TW Swallow His Pride And Ask Stevie To Be On His Bag Again I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 12:31 pm

I'm not a big fan of Steve though I'm sure he was a big part of TW career. . 

The above interviews again reiterated my feelings, or rather lack of it for him.  He was priud of his achievements and great reading of greens etc. . But he didn't mention how many wrong reads he gave before. .. It's one thing to give great readings and another to putt the read.. 

To me. . Why pay 10% of the winnings to somebody for just carrying the bag. . You could get a gorilla to do that for few bunches of bananas. . He was just doing his job and nothing extraordinary, except that he did it decently. ..

No loss for TW.. He's still having a great season by anybody standards. ..
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: Just Think Out Loud - Will TW Swallow His Pride And Ask Stevie To Be On His Bag Again   Just Think Out Loud - Will TW Swallow His Pride And Ask Stevie To Be On His Bag Again I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 12:52 pm

Rather harsh lor chien. To equate Steve to any caddy. I would not assume that at their level, its just for carrying bags and bananas.

Im sure Adam Scott values his services more than you do Laughing
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Just Think Out Loud - Will TW Swallow His Pride And Ask Stevie To Be On His Bag Again   Just Think Out Loud - Will TW Swallow His Pride And Ask Stevie To Be On His Bag Again I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 1:07 pm

I agree with Pushslice. There are caddies, and then there ARE CADDIES. Even at a simple golf course like RJCC, there's a distinction in the caddies available. Those of us who've played there will know who the better ones are. The same applies for almost any course which has caddies (they even grade them).

Given this, I'd say that Steve W is no ordinary caddy. I dislike him - I think he's got a huge-ass chip on his shoulder, but I do think that equating him with any other caddy isn't quite fair.

All the caddies on tour do their best to do their job decently. Some do better than others and while a lot of it depends on the player they are caddying for, a good caddy can help make it or break it for golfers.
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Just Think Out Loud - Will TW Swallow His Pride And Ask Stevie To Be On His Bag Again   Just Think Out Loud - Will TW Swallow His Pride And Ask Stevie To Be On His Bag Again I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 11:51 pm

Monty said TW will not be able to break Jack's major record ... But Jack thought otherwise ... Anyway, the former has not won a major before and his words therefore may not carry as much weight as someone who has clinched 18 majors in his entire golfing career ... Read on ...

http://bleacherreport.com/tb/db2TP?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=golf
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: Just Think Out Loud - Will TW Swallow His Pride And Ask Stevie To Be On His Bag Again   Just Think Out Loud - Will TW Swallow His Pride And Ask Stevie To Be On His Bag Again I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 12:16 am

Agree with bro Turbo. For someone who has never won a major he should keep his opinion to himself. Similar to Nick Faldo who won only 6 majors. And what about Greg Norman. See link below.

http://msn.foxsports.com/golf/story/tiger-woods-greg-norman-shark-attack-the-barclays-first-round-082213
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Just Think Out Loud - Will TW Swallow His Pride And Ask Stevie To Be On His Bag Again   Just Think Out Loud - Will TW Swallow His Pride And Ask Stevie To Be On His Bag Again I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 7:09 am

Very berry sure that tw will never get Stevie back, ego plays a big part.

But I think Stevie will win more m anorexic than tiger.

One thing I am sure if Stevie ever carry my bag, I might break 100
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: Just Think Out Loud - Will TW Swallow His Pride And Ask Stevie To Be On His Bag Again   Just Think Out Loud - Will TW Swallow His Pride And Ask Stevie To Be On His Bag Again I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 7:54 am

So if even Greg Norman or Sir Nick Faldo are not eligible to comment... What do we make of everyone posting a comment here then?

Last edited by pushslice on Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Daztasiumz
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Daztasiumz

PostSubject: Re: Just Think Out Loud - Will TW Swallow His Pride And Ask Stevie To Be On His Bag Again   Just Think Out Loud - Will TW Swallow His Pride And Ask Stevie To Be On His Bag Again I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 7:54 am

TDO wrote:
Agree with bro Turbo. For someone who has never won a major he should keep his opinion to himself. Similar to Nick Faldo who won only 6 majors. And what about Greg Norman. See link below.

http://msn.foxsports.com/golf/story/tiger-woods-greg-norman-shark-attack-the-barclays-first-round-082213
Anyone seen this b4?

Wayne said

Nick Faldo weighing 225odd pounds / never took advantage of his size/pop corns the ball can't carry 270 ?????

Lol

Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: Just Think Out Loud - Will TW Swallow His Pride And Ask Stevie To Be On His Bag Again   Just Think Out Loud - Will TW Swallow His Pride And Ask Stevie To Be On His Bag Again I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 7:56 am

Everyone is a golf analyst these days including Pros with youtube channels
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: Just Think Out Loud - Will TW Swallow His Pride And Ask Stevie To Be On His Bag Again   Just Think Out Loud - Will TW Swallow His Pride And Ask Stevie To Be On His Bag Again I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 8:18 am

Human nature. Because humans can talk, animals can't.Very Happy That's what keep the forums buzzing. That's what keep the media buzzing. Everyone want a piece of the rich and famous.Suspect 
Back to top Go down
Daztasiumz
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Daztasiumz

PostSubject: Re: Just Think Out Loud - Will TW Swallow His Pride And Ask Stevie To Be On His Bag Again   Just Think Out Loud - Will TW Swallow His Pride And Ask Stevie To Be On His Bag Again I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 8:22 am

Yah if no comments no story Liao 
Then no one watch.. Look at the footballers of England once a talent is spotted the press will elevate them to be the next who and who

Once they reach that level they try to tear them apart bring them down
Back to top Go down
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
hkhamateur

PostSubject: Re: Just Think Out Loud - Will TW Swallow His Pride And Ask Stevie To Be On His Bag Again   Just Think Out Loud - Will TW Swallow His Pride And Ask Stevie To Be On His Bag Again I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 10:22 am

Daztasiumz wrote:
Yah if no comments no story Liao 
Then no one watch.. Look at the footballers of England once a talent is spotted the press will elevate them to be the next who and who

Once they reach that level they try to tear them apart bring them down
Welcome to the world! cheers
Money ruled money ruined! Laughing
Back to top Go down
vinujune3
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Just Think Out Loud - Will TW Swallow His Pride And Ask Stevie To Be On His Bag Again   Just Think Out Loud - Will TW Swallow His Pride And Ask Stevie To Be On His Bag Again I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 10:25 am

Well said hkhamateur
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just Think Out Loud - Will TW Swallow His Pride And Ask Stevie To Be On His Bag Again   Just Think Out Loud - Will TW Swallow His Pride And Ask Stevie To Be On His Bag Again I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just Think Out Loud - Will TW Swallow His Pride And Ask Stevie To Be On His Bag Again
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next