Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wie apologizes for leaving green early at Solheim Cup

Go down 
+11
nutty88
hkhamateur
simbk
andrew-golf
Technospaz
flashpacker
Duval_S
TDO
Begbie
garylin
Daztasiumz
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Daztasiumz
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Daztasiumz

Wie apologizes for leaving green early at Solheim Cup Empty
PostSubject: Wie apologizes for leaving green early at Solheim Cup   Wie apologizes for leaving green early at Solheim Cup I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 11:24 pm

• By Jay Coffin
  • Aug 18, 2013 12:50 PM ET

Wie apologizes for leaving green early at Solheim Cup %7B21498288-612E-4F3F-AF53-DA95DAFF9E34%7Dwie_solheimcup13_putting_610

Wie apologizes for leaving green early at Solheim Cup Gallery

PARKER, Colo. – Michelle Wie was widely criticized Saturday at the Solheim Cup after she left the 16th green and bolted toward the 17th tee before opponents Caroline Masson and Caroline Hedwall cleaned up a putt to halve the 16th hole in their afternoon fourball match.
Wie, who was partnered with Jessica Korda, took to Twitter Sunday to apologize for her actions, and wanted to make it known that Korda did not leave the green early.

Last edited by Daztasiumz on Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
garylin
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
garylin

PostSubject: Re: Wie apologizes for leaving green early at Solheim Cup   Wie apologizes for leaving green early at Solheim Cup I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 11:31 pm

I saw this happened a few times during the Barclay's open in Singapore not too long ago. Is it a norm? Thought it was kinda rude
Back to top Go down
Begbie
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Wie apologizes for leaving green early at Solheim Cup   Wie apologizes for leaving green early at Solheim Cup I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 12:08 am

A certain Cristie does that all the time... !!
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: Wie apologizes for leaving green early at Solheim Cup   Wie apologizes for leaving green early at Solheim Cup I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 12:44 am

It happens to some of our kakis too. And yes, it is rude to walk off before your kakis finish their putts..
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Wie apologizes for leaving green early at Solheim Cup   Wie apologizes for leaving green early at Solheim Cup I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 7:38 am

At times I ask my kaki to walk off coz I be taking a bit longer than usual
Back to top Go down
flashpacker
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Wie apologizes for leaving green early at Solheim Cup   Wie apologizes for leaving green early at Solheim Cup I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 7:44 am

This reveals the character of a person
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Wie apologizes for leaving green early at Solheim Cup   Wie apologizes for leaving green early at Solheim Cup I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 8:04 am

I saw it happen lots in the tournament where Yang beat TW. I recall that TW was criticized for heading off several times before Yang had finished his hole. But I guess Yang had the last laugh, just like Team Europe here.
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: Wie apologizes for leaving green early at Solheim Cup   Wie apologizes for leaving green early at Solheim Cup I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 8:26 am

Playing among friends, we have this rule; the first person to hole out take charge of the flag. The person whose ball is nearest the pin shall attend to the flag, unless he is the last person to get on the green. Should this happen the golfer whose ball is second nearest the pin shall attend to the flag. These are unwritten rule in our social game. Not sure if brothers here share the same view.Cool 
Back to top Go down
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
andrew-golf

PostSubject: Re: Wie apologizes for leaving green early at Solheim Cup   Wie apologizes for leaving green early at Solheim Cup I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 9:04 am

I always see golfers I'm NSRCC who r like that

The first person who putt out does. Not put back the pin. He leaves for buggy 

The second person who putt out also does the same thing

The third person also does the same thing!!

Poor 4th golfer has to put the pin back after putting out

And it happens on many holes
Back to top Go down
simbk
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Wie apologizes for leaving green early at Solheim Cup   Wie apologizes for leaving green early at Solheim Cup I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 9:14 am

sometimes to speed up play for social game the buggy that putt out first will go to the next tee box ready to tee off. This save some time especially when your flight is slow due to unforeseen circumstances like looking for balls or some one take too many strokes out of trouble. This I think is considered good especially for the flight behind.
Back to top Go down
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
hkhamateur

PostSubject: Re: Wie apologizes for leaving green early at Solheim Cup   Wie apologizes for leaving green early at Solheim Cup I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 9:35 am

simbk wrote:
sometimes to speed up play for social game the buggy that putt out first will go to the next tee box ready to tee off. This save some time especially when your flight is slow due to unforeseen circumstances like looking for balls or some one take too many strokes out of trouble. This I think is considered good especially for the flight behind.
Its all dependg on the agreement w the flight mates. Smile 
Usually the last third player ll will hold the pin fr the last mate to putt out. Wink
Yes, it was to speed up the local game. (esp: MBGC) Cool
Back to top Go down
Daztasiumz
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Daztasiumz

PostSubject: Re: Wie apologizes for leaving green early at Solheim Cup   Wie apologizes for leaving green early at Solheim Cup I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 9:48 am

The worst kind is those who 1st to putt from 40 feet.. Consecutively continue his 2nd putt then 3rd putt then ..

Becomes 1st to putt out .. Walk away like as if he owns the course
Back to top Go down
Daztasiumz
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Daztasiumz

PostSubject: Re: Wie apologizes for leaving green early at Solheim Cup   Wie apologizes for leaving green early at Solheim Cup I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 9:56 am

Wie apologizes for leaving green early at Solheim Cup Hi-res-176705045_crop_north

Wie apologizes for leaving green early at Solheim Cup Wie_stars_stripes-658x770
Back to top Go down
simbk
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Wie apologizes for leaving green early at Solheim Cup   Wie apologizes for leaving green early at Solheim Cup I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 9:58 am

Can't stand her posture for putting....doesn't seems to help her!
Back to top Go down
Daztasiumz
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Daztasiumz

PostSubject: Re: Wie apologizes for leaving green early at Solheim Cup   Wie apologizes for leaving green early at Solheim Cup I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 10:08 am

Wie apologizes for leaving green early at Solheim Cup S100706_06wie-pg-horizontal
Back to top Go down
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
hkhamateur

PostSubject: Re: Wie apologizes for leaving green early at Solheim Cup   Wie apologizes for leaving green early at Solheim Cup I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 10:25 am

simbk wrote:
Can't stand her posture for putting....doesn't seems to help her!
Krkrkr...bro, it does help me in seeg her fm behind..cyclops .Razz Razz
Back to top Go down
nutty88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
nutty88

PostSubject: Re: Wie apologizes for leaving green early at Solheim Cup   Wie apologizes for leaving green early at Solheim Cup I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 10:46 am

I thought she bends 90 degrees now? I stopped watching her when she putts as somehow I will feel my back aches.
Back to top Go down
Daztasiumz
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Daztasiumz

PostSubject: Re: Wie apologizes for leaving green early at Solheim Cup   Wie apologizes for leaving green early at Solheim Cup I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 10:49 am

maybe it helps her read her line better to lower her missed putts

Wie apologizes for leaving green early at Solheim Cup 176783412-michelle-wie-of-the-usa-solhiem-cup-reacts-gettyimages
Back to top Go down
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
hkhamateur

PostSubject: Re: Wie apologizes for leaving green early at Solheim Cup   Wie apologizes for leaving green early at Solheim Cup I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 10:52 am

Bro nutty88, she has help you on yr back ache liao.Now you ve every reason in watchg her game w no excuses hor.  Gd one dartz mate. Daztasiumz wrote:
maybe it helps her read her line better to lower her missed putts

Wie apologizes for leaving green early at Solheim Cup 176783412-michelle-wie-of-the-usa-solhiem-cup-reacts-gettyimages
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Wie apologizes for leaving green early at Solheim Cup   Wie apologizes for leaving green early at Solheim Cup I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 11:15 am

With the way she is playing , I understand why she has the habit of leaving the green immediately after she is done...
Back to top Go down
Daztasiumz
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Daztasiumz

PostSubject: Re: Wie apologizes for leaving green early at Solheim Cup   Wie apologizes for leaving green early at Solheim Cup I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 11:39 am

Does Wie disrespect the game?

• By Golf Channel Digital

• Aug 20, 2013 1:18 PM ETDuring Tuesday's "Morning Drive" Game Ball segment, co-host Kelly Tilghman and instructor Billy Harmon disagreed on the merits of Michelle Wie. They offered their opinion on whether or not Wie's career, to this point, is a success or failure and if she lacks respect for the game. 

"Michelle Wie"        
 @themichellewie

Feel absolutely horrible about running off the green on 16. Got caught up in the moment and was so tired that I forgot what was happening.
12:25 AM - 19 Aug 2013
Back to top Go down
Daztasiumz
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Daztasiumz

PostSubject: Re: Wie apologizes for leaving green early at Solheim Cup   Wie apologizes for leaving green early at Solheim Cup I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 11:42 am

Wie apologizes for leaving green early at Solheim Cup Lorena+Ochoa+Invitational+Presented+Banamex+YN6lwf2Y5Wnl

tot her papa mama always ard to guide her and teach her on such things?
Back to top Go down
Daztasiumz
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Daztasiumz

PostSubject: Re: Wie apologizes for leaving green early at Solheim Cup   Wie apologizes for leaving green early at Solheim Cup I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 11:55 am

Wie apologizes for leaving green early at Solheim Cup 1376881919Wie apologizes for leaving green early at Solheim Cup 1376881905

Victory Red Lip Sticks?
Back to top Go down
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Wie apologizes for leaving green early at Solheim Cup   Wie apologizes for leaving green early at Solheim Cup I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 12:05 pm

I think she is one of the most gracious among the US team. She praised Europe for playing great all weeks during the after match interview. I dont hear this from other US players except from Wie and her capt.
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: Wie apologizes for leaving green early at Solheim Cup   Wie apologizes for leaving green early at Solheim Cup I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 12:36 pm

leaving greens early in matchplay (or other little etiquette breach here and there) could be intentional, MF tactic to piss the opponent off..those guys really do gamesmanship.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wie apologizes for leaving green early at Solheim Cup   Wie apologizes for leaving green early at Solheim Cup I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wie apologizes for leaving green early at Solheim Cup
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next