Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Big Fat Putter Grip

Go down 
+9
pocketace
AJTAURUS
jimmchew
Mike888
beehome
Najibapark
youming
ahhhling
simontcl
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
simontcl
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Big Fat Putter Grip Empty
PostSubject: Big Fat Putter Grip   Big Fat Putter Grip I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 6:49 pm

Good evening to all

I have seeing more and more golfer using the big & fat grip for their putters.

To those whom had change from the regular to this big & fat grip, any improvement to your putting??? Do you have more "feel"???

Or why you changed???
Back to top Go down
ahhhling
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Big Fat Putter Grip   Big Fat Putter Grip I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 7:17 pm

yes, better grip and nicer feel.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/ahhhling
youming
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Big Fat Putter Grip   Big Fat Putter Grip I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 7:31 pm

Good and bad. I have changed one putter, make more straighter put, but lost some feeling (like distance control) and also feel the putter head more lighter.

YM
Back to top Go down
Najibapark
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Najibapark

PostSubject: Re: Big Fat Putter Grip   Big Fat Putter Grip I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 7:55 pm

I felt more comfortable with big grips etc super stroke slim. feel was 9/10 normal grips would be 7/10 distance wise it's not bad! practice more for distance.
Back to top Go down
simontcl
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Big Fat Putter Grip   Big Fat Putter Grip I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 8:22 pm

Hahahaha

My kakis wanted to throw away my Scotty putter last Sunday, as I consistently single-putt  those 10-15 ft recently, and more evident last Sunday.

Putting make up approx. 35-40% of your stroke count in a game.

After hearing from the above feedback, I am convince to change to the big & fat grip and will make them regret ever played with me!!!!!
Back to top Go down
beehome
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
beehome

PostSubject: Re: Big Fat Putter Grip   Big Fat Putter Grip I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 11:55 pm

Hi Simon,

Yes, this big fat and some ppl considered ugly putter grip did improve my putting. I was gripping my putter too tight previously and could not feel the head much. 
After changing to this, I do not have to grip tighter and hence has better feel. So my distance control is better. 
My left wrist also do not "break" like b4 with the slimmer grip. Cheers!
Back to top Go down
Mike888
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Mike888

PostSubject: Re: Big Fat Putter Grip   Big Fat Putter Grip I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 12:18 am

How much did u guys change it for?
Back to top Go down
ahhhling
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Big Fat Putter Grip   Big Fat Putter Grip I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 12:35 am

Mike888 wrote:
How much did u guys change it for?

I changed mine at FESC for $33, if I did not remember wrongly. The feel of the WINN grip was really quite good.
Back to top Go down
Mike888
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Mike888

PostSubject: Re: Big Fat Putter Grip   Big Fat Putter Grip I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 12:40 am

Which is better huh? Winn or super stroke.
Back to top Go down
jimmchew
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
jimmchew

PostSubject: Re: Big Fat Putter Grip   Big Fat Putter Grip I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 12:42 am

super stroke . only downside of big grips is the feel.. really need to putt to know greenspeed before game
Back to top Go down
ahhhling
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Big Fat Putter Grip   Big Fat Putter Grip I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 12:44 am

I'm still pretty much a newbie and previously I was using the TM Ghost blade putter. With that putter, I was averaging about 48 putts. Subsequently, I used the TM Spider Mallet putter and I was averaging about 39 putts. Both grips were stock grips (thin kind).

Then one day at Creative Golf, I saw a TM Rossa Spider Bassaro Mallet putter. I fell in love with the design and bought it immediately. The grip was the fatter kind. Initially, I had problems getting used to the grip and I was averaging about 43 putts. After I got used to the grip (took me about 2 months and about 8 games), my putting average went down to about 36.

Recently, I scored my best number of putts when I played 31 putts and as the putter grip was getting a bit worn out, I decided to change the grip. I changed it to a similar Tiger Shark grip and that grip lasted me only 4 games. During those 4 games, I felt that I lost the feel totally again for this same putter that had allowed me to nail the hole with 1 putt from 6-8m previously. I suspected for a while that it may be the grip problem. During these 4 games, I was averaging about 44 putts all over again.

And so, I changed my putter grip again to the WINN fat grip. Since I changed it, I have played 2 games and for the first game, I played 36 putts. For the second game, I played 31 putts. I got back the feel and now swear by the fat grip!

Hope this sharing of my experience helps!
Back to top Go down
Najibapark
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Najibapark

PostSubject: Re: Big Fat Putter Grip   Big Fat Putter Grip I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 5:38 am

you can find them at BFG bukit merah! so many to choose from!
Back to top Go down
AJTAURUS
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
AJTAURUS

PostSubject: Re: Big Fat Putter Grip   Big Fat Putter Grip I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 7:17 am

Big putter grips restrict wrist movement and you tend to grip lightly, resulting in straighter putts. But best for heavier putter heads.
Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

PostSubject: Re: Big Fat Putter Grip   Big Fat Putter Grip I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 7:53 am

simontcl wrote:
Hahahaha

My kakis wanted to throw away my Scotty putter last Sunday, as I consistently single-putt  those 10-15 ft recently, and more evident last Sunday.

Putting make up approx. 35-40% of your stroke count in a game.

After hearing from the above feedback, I am convince to change to the big & fat grip and will make them regret ever played with me!!!!!

Good for you, you just need to work on getting the 300 yard drives and you'll be on tour

According to this report on PGA tour putting stats 
At 10 to 15 feet the percentage of putts made is only 33%.
http://www.thegolfingblog.com/2010/11/pga-tour-putting-stat-how-do-you-compare.html
Back to top Go down
Mike888
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Mike888

PostSubject: Re: Big Fat Putter Grip   Big Fat Putter Grip I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 10:22 am

Najibapark wrote:
you can find them at BFG bukit merah! so many to choose from!

thanks Najibapark!
Back to top Go down
Botak88
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Big Fat Putter Grip   Big Fat Putter Grip I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 10:38 am

initial i change to super stroke fatso without trying cause my kaki say my hand so big sure can 1 lar. After changing i total lost all putting feel. Ball short most of the tme even after few round of practise on green. completely sian 1/2 Crying or Very sad 

Than i compare my hand size wth kaki hand, shit same size so i change to slim55. swee swee. loving it

so fyi, oversize will kill all putting feel, atlease to me.
Back to top Go down
GolfMad62
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
GolfMad62

PostSubject: Re: Big Fat Putter Grip   Big Fat Putter Grip I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 1:18 pm

I have played with a Crown oversized putter grip for the best part of 2 years, the change was mainly driven by the size of my hands and the need to be able to feel the putter better.

I find I am more comfortable over the ball and do not miss so many putts left as before.

I am now averaqing between 30-34 putts per round. With more hard work ill get that down to 30 even.
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: Big Fat Putter Grip   Big Fat Putter Grip I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 11:08 am

Putting is all about feel, big or small grip. I like big grips better. Not for the feel factor but for comfort.Smile 
Back to top Go down
jurongtiger
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jurongtiger

PostSubject: Re: Big Fat Putter Grip   Big Fat Putter Grip I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 5:50 pm

Be careful with using the number of putts as the sole stat for putting performance. Note that you can be putting more because you are going for the greens in regulation (hence longer first putt) and the number can be less if you are missing greens and pitching close.
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: Big Fat Putter Grip   Big Fat Putter Grip I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 9:02 am

jurongtiger wrote:
Be careful with using the number of putts as the sole stat for putting performance. Note that you can be putting more because you are going for the greens in regulation (hence longer first putt) and the number can be less if you are missing greens and pitching close.
Agree with this assessment. If you are short of green, it is easier to achieve 1 putt than landing on regulation and ball is, say, 50' away.Beer 
Back to top Go down
GolfMad62
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
GolfMad62

PostSubject: Re: Big Fat Putter Grip   Big Fat Putter Grip I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 10:02 am

jurongtiger wrote:

When you have only got 76 shots a round putting numbers become very important. A low handicapper should have no more than 30-34 putts a round. That leaves approx 2.4 shots per hole to get it on the green.
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: Big Fat Putter Grip   Big Fat Putter Grip I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 10:11 am

Every time I golf, I target not more than 32 putts. I manage to achieve it most of the time. But that's because I am short of green in regulation. If I have more greens in regulation, I probably will have more putts. But again, achieving more GIR will most likely to translate into better scoring.
Back to top Go down
GolfMad62
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
GolfMad62

PostSubject: Re: Big Fat Putter Grip   Big Fat Putter Grip I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 10:56 am

I have got myself into a bit of  a hole of late. I know I only have 4 shots per round to play with so I play safe. My course management is very good and I hit a good percentage of greens in regulation. The problem is i need to be a bit more agressive with my putts if I want to get down below my current handicap of 3.9. Its all become a bit of a mind game now.
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: Big Fat Putter Grip   Big Fat Putter Grip I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 11:34 am

GolfMad62 wrote:
I have got myself into a bit of  a hole of late. I know I only have 4 shots per round to play with so I play safe. My course management is very good and I hit a good percentage of greens in regulation. The problem is i need to be a bit more agressive with my putts if I want to get down below my current handicap of 3.9. Its all become a bit of a mind game now.

Wah! Hcp 3.9 is no laugh laugh wor. It's quite an achievement. I salute you 3 times. Beer 

I am still struggling with my game after nearly 18 years on it.scratch  My irons are killing me, physically and mentally.Sad 
Back to top Go down
GolfMad62
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
GolfMad62

PostSubject: Re: Big Fat Putter Grip   Big Fat Putter Grip I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 12:11 pm

Thank you for your salute. I am working very hard to get down to scratch and I think my putting holds the key as my long game is generally very good. Mind you saying that we all have issues off the tee from time to time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Big Fat Putter Grip   Big Fat Putter Grip I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Big Fat Putter Grip
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next