Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

regripping of putter grip

Go down 
+5
bellevue18
pocketace
scottycollector
Technospaz
jkgolf
9 posters
AuthorMessage
jkgolf
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

regripping of putter grip Empty
PostSubject: regripping of putter grip   regripping of putter grip I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 4:23 pm

anyone knows where I can regrip putter grip? cheap & good of course...tks
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: regripping of putter grip   regripping of putter grip I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 4:27 pm

Any of the fitters here can regrip your putter for you.

As for whether it's cheap and good, that's subjective and really your call.
Back to top Go down
jkgolf
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: regripping of putter grip   regripping of putter grip I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 4:34 pm

ic..tks any good regrippers to recommend? tks.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: regripping of putter grip   regripping of putter grip I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 4:39 pm

Big Fish Golf & Wizgolf are great. But, they're all generally reliable.

Back to top Go down
jkgolf
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: regripping of putter grip   regripping of putter grip I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 4:45 pm

tks bro
Back to top Go down
scottycollector
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
scottycollector

PostSubject: Re: regripping of putter grip   regripping of putter grip I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 4:47 pm

regripping a golf club is one of the easiest thing to do so i doubt it'd make a difference, in terms of quality, who u go to.

when it comes to regripping, the determining factor is usually price. but then again, the difference is probably just a few bucks. so if i were u, i'd just go to the one that is most convenient to get to  

if u r up for it, u can even regrip your putter on your own. youtube has lots of videos on regripping. it's really easy n u have the benefit of being able to swap your grips around and try which is best
Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

PostSubject: Re: regripping of putter grip   regripping of putter grip I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 9:13 pm

Cheap may not be good
Good may not be cheap
Those who learn Economics 101 understand demand and supply helps to determine prices

Putting helps you put a score for every hole (unless you chip-in lah!)
Do yourself a favour and get a grip that helps you grip your putter confidently and nail those putts. Of late, all the oversize putter grips eg SuperStroke is very popular on tour and among us hackers, I recommend you give it a try too

DIY is also fine as long as you can align it properly (squarely) with your putter head
Many qualified club fitters listed in GR. good luck with search
Back to top Go down
bellevue18
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
bellevue18

PostSubject: Re: regripping of putter grip   regripping of putter grip I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 10:13 pm

I ever asked before at Honshin at Mandai - the girl there says it's about 25-30. Not sure if this is normal pricing for most fitters.
Back to top Go down
cglim
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
cglim

PostSubject: Re: regripping of putter grip   regripping of putter grip I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 10:31 pm

I just had my putter regripped the other day. My advice is to spend some time trying out all the available grips in the fitters shop.  There's so many to choose from. Don't let the price determine your final decision, but choose reasonably the one which makes you comfortable. 

I chose a Superstroke to see for myself what's all the fuss about these grips. I'll see how it goes after a couple of games.
Back to top Go down
chip_munkie
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
chip_munkie

PostSubject: Re: regripping of putter grip   regripping of putter grip I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 11:37 pm

I saw a fitter doing the gripping for the superstroke putter grip and man it's a lot of work.. haha some serious stuff going on there.. but definitely go for something that is comfortable and gives you confident.. the price diff amongst these commonly found putter grip is not big..
Back to top Go down
nomic76
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: regripping of putter grip   regripping of putter grip I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 11:22 am

Go for it...it loosen your grip to help with more relaxed holding of the grip. For the firm gripping of the putter..it's a good move.

If it helps, i changed mine at Toa Payoh driving range with a shop owned by a guy called Spencer.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
angyongshen
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
angyongshen

PostSubject: Re: regripping of putter grip   regripping of putter grip I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 1:13 pm

I would recommend Octane golf at Bukit Timah Plaza. His attention to detail and service is definitely one of the better ones by my book. Doesn't hurt that the prices are competitive. Overall a friendly and humble fitter.  I HIT IT
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: regripping of putter grip   regripping of putter grip I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

regripping of putter grip
Page 1 of 1