Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

'FORE' so...difficult to shout ma!#@%÷×

Go down 
+5
asahi
kenneth18
pocketace
danielleecm
hkhamateur
9 posters
AuthorMessage
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
hkhamateur

'FORE' so...difficult to shout ma!#@%÷× Empty
PostSubject: 'FORE' so...difficult to shout ma!#@%÷×   'FORE' so...difficult to shout ma!#@%÷× I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2013 10:54 am

Had a AM game at kranji yest n on two occasions (hole 18 & hole 5), the opposite tee box golfer drives his ball n landed 15yards between our two buggys..Evil or Very Mad 
We drove to his ball n waited fr mins, they came n i tell them the rule n safety!Cool 
The best fm their quote: Sorry..we shouted liao bt we hear SHIT! It was as quiet as a gd nite sleep hor!Evil or Very Mad
The next was when my kakis was takg his line n address in the bunker, there goes another ball landed behind us approx. 15yards on the rough...Shocked
After my kakis hit his shot, the opposite fairway golfer drove his buggy to our fairway n stopped, stared at us! Evil or Very Mad 
Again i tell him 'YR BALL IS BEHIND US!', and as expected, his quote: SORRY! No 
Now I wonderg re these two golfers using NIKE COVERT driver?Wink
Back to top Go down
danielleecm
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
danielleecm

PostSubject: Re: 'FORE' so...difficult to shout ma!#@%÷×   'FORE' so...difficult to shout ma!#@%÷× I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2013 12:38 pm

bro hong, sorry to hear your encounters. Ya kranji usually have such problem due to its tight fairway between holes. Got to be careful next time when played there and you should have get the marshall if they never shout fore. Make sure these people learn their lesson.
Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

PostSubject: Re: 'FORE' so...difficult to shout ma!#@%÷×   'FORE' so...difficult to shout ma!#@%÷× I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2013 3:49 pm

They said Sorry. I think gotta give them benefit of doubt. If you read my other thread on 'Appropriate Reaponse' the other guy more Kwailan, never utter a word of 'sorry'

They could have shouted Fore and I know in a wide course, the "Fore" may become muted

That said, it's unfortunate but thankfully you guys are safe
Back to top Go down
kenneth18
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
kenneth18

PostSubject: Re: 'FORE' so...difficult to shout ma!#@%÷×   'FORE' so...difficult to shout ma!#@%÷× I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2013 4:25 pm

Chill bro, next time complain to the marshall to resolve. These days some golfers really no manner n guai lan!
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: 'FORE' so...difficult to shout ma!#@%÷×   'FORE' so...difficult to shout ma!#@%÷× I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2013 6:09 pm

Thought I would be the only one experiencing this today!!!!!!

At the GR game earlier, at hole 3 palm course, my friend was teeing up and I was standing near him at the tee box when suddenly a ball landed In between us, bout 0.5m before me!
@&-$)!!

We shouted and looked around found out the ball came from hole 2 when 1 chap had just hit his wayward approach shot from. No shouts of 'ball' or any warning whatsoever.

After being told off by me, the offender did not say anything and his flightmate only said, 'it was an accident.'
Duh!!!!!!! 

What the hell is the golfing world coming to man!!
Back to top Go down
poresia
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
poresia

PostSubject: Re: 'FORE' so...difficult to shout ma!#@%÷×   'FORE' so...difficult to shout ma!#@%÷× I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2013 6:33 pm

This morning, We had a similar experience at Kranji hole 15. We were at tee box and a ball flew just inches from my son head and no one shout fore! At least we didnt hear at all.

I waited for the buggy to come. Fxxx the golfer who hit the shot. He aplogised n explained that he didnt know where his shot flew. 

Unless one is hitting behind trees, how can he have no idea where his ball fly! 

Once u see that your ball is heading onwards another fairway or not towards intended target, u have to shout fore several times to warn others.
Back to top Go down
Itsuki
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Itsuki

PostSubject: Re: 'FORE' so...difficult to shout ma!#@%÷×   'FORE' so...difficult to shout ma!#@%÷× I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2013 7:44 pm

Seemed like many take safety for granted... But if your shot do hit someone, it is a tramatic experience for both the receiver and also the hitter as well... Clubs should enforce such safety rulings more vigorously...
Back to top Go down
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
hkhamateur

PostSubject: Re: 'FORE' so...difficult to shout ma!#@%÷×   'FORE' so...difficult to shout ma!#@%÷× I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2013 8:45 pm

Itsuki wrote:
Seemed like many take safety for granted... But if your shot do hit someone, it is a tramatic experience for both the receiver and also the hitter as well... Clubs should enforce such safety rulings more vigorously...
I fully agreed!Cool
The respective clubs shld enforce such safety measure like, 1) Receptionist shld nicely remind golfers upon their registered, 2) Posters of such shld b put up important area like toilet, 3) buggy & 4) Course marshal shld ride area n remind golfers fr those wide & borrow fairway holes.. etc.study 
Lets nt b sorry! Wink 
Enjoyed our weekends Grians..cheers
Back to top Go down
Rafj
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Rafj

PostSubject: Re: 'FORE' so...difficult to shout ma!#@%÷×   'FORE' so...difficult to shout ma!#@%÷× I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2013 11:35 pm

poresia wrote:
This morning, We had a similar experience at Kranji hole 15. We were at tee box and a ball flew just inches from my son head and no one shout fore! At least we didnt hear at all.

I waited for the buggy to come. Fxxx the golfer who hit the shot. He aplogised n explained that he didnt know where his shot flew. 

Once u see that your ball is heading onwards another fairway or not towards intended target, u have to shout fore several times to warn others.
That's the worst excuse in the world!  The rule of thumb I was taught when I just started golf was to SHOUT "FORE" when I don't know where my ball was going.......

I seriously wonder what's being taught about etiquette and safety at PC and Handicap theory classes these days.
Back to top Go down
snagy23
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
snagy23

PostSubject: Re: 'FORE' so...difficult to shout ma!#@%÷×   'FORE' so...difficult to shout ma!#@%÷× I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 10:09 pm

poresia wrote:

humm.. curious if he say he didnt know where his shot flew, than why did he ended in the direction where the ball most likely landed?
interesting!.
 Smile
Back to top Go down
poresia
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
poresia

PostSubject: Re: 'FORE' so...difficult to shout ma!#@%÷×   'FORE' so...difficult to shout ma!#@%÷× I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 10:16 pm

If u r familiar with Kranji hole 15, u will know that that's the area between green 15 and tee box 16 and also where the buggies of both flights r parked.

There are several such tee boxes in Kranji where stray tee or approach shots will reach. 

I told the guy that its ok to have bad n stray shots but please shout fore loud enough to warn others. 

I
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 'FORE' so...difficult to shout ma!#@%÷×   'FORE' so...difficult to shout ma!#@%÷× I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

'FORE' so...difficult to shout ma!#@%÷×
Page 1 of 1