Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Safety Instructions: When you hear 'FORE!'

Go down 
+10
haragolfer
bashfulsim
kamen
hkhamateur
Technospaz
KCL
bucktooth
Gofnut
popeyex
TK
14 posters
AuthorMessage
TK
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
TK

Safety Instructions: When you hear 'FORE!' Empty
PostSubject: Safety Instructions: When you hear 'FORE!'   Safety Instructions: When you hear 'FORE!' I_icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 7:16 am

Safety Instructions: When you hear 'FORE!' Screenshot_2013-05-03-06-37-55

Found this in Golf Digest.. Thought this is quite helpful, as most of us turn to try to look where the ball is coming from instead!
Back to top Go down
popeyex
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Safety Instructions: When you hear 'FORE!'   Safety Instructions: When you hear 'FORE!' I_icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 8:25 am

has anyone kept statistics or average no of balls hitting people or a near miss?
Back to top Go down
Gofnut
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Safety Instructions: When you hear 'FORE!'   Safety Instructions: When you hear 'FORE!' I_icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 8:34 am

TK, thanks for sharing.
Back to top Go down
bucktooth
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Safety Instructions: When you hear 'FORE!'   Safety Instructions: When you hear 'FORE!' I_icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 8:48 am

good information bro! but come to think of it, generally people will shout "Fore" either back for back flight or adjacent green. so for saftey sake just face towards the pin and squat down should be fine. It's all about safety first right? thanks man.
Back to top Go down
KCL
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
KCL

PostSubject: Re: Safety Instructions: When you hear 'FORE!'   Safety Instructions: When you hear 'FORE!' I_icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 9:15 am

Thanks for sharing. Especially covering that part of the head/neck. Many times when I hear fore or ball, really not sure how to react.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Safety Instructions: When you hear 'FORE!'   Safety Instructions: When you hear 'FORE!' I_icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 9:25 am

Good information.

What I've seen happen (and I'm guilty of this myself) is when someone shouts fore, the golfers actually try and look... wondering where it's coming from. They strain the neck to see. This is also common when you hear a loud "clang" when the ball hits a metallic object like a light pole or a power box.

Obviously, we should just dive and stay down. No point trying to figure out where the yell came from. Life is too short these days.

When someone shouts "fore," think of "floor" as the place where you should be closest to.

When someone shouts "ball," think of your precious jewels and hunker down to protect them.
Back to top Go down
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
hkhamateur

PostSubject: Re: Safety Instructions: When you hear 'FORE!'   Safety Instructions: When you hear 'FORE!' I_icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 9:27 am

This s a very gd instruction to avoid unnecessary injuries on courses in conjunction with recent few incidents. Cool
Gd effort in searchg n sharg, tx bro TK. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Gofnut
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Safety Instructions: When you hear 'FORE!'   Safety Instructions: When you hear 'FORE!' I_icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 9:42 am

bucktooth wrote:
good information bro! but come to think of it, generally people will shout "Fore" either back for back flight or adjacent green. so for saftey sake just face towards the pin and squat down should be fine. It's all about safety first right? thanks man.

There are some golf courses where the holes run parallel to each other with the tee boxes at opposite ends. So if the person teeing off slices or hooks his ball into the next fairway, you may have the ball coming to you from your front, and not from the back. Best is still to go low and cover your sensitive areas as quickly as possible.
Back to top Go down
kamen
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
kamen

PostSubject: Re: Safety Instructions: When you hear 'FORE!'   Safety Instructions: When you hear 'FORE!' I_icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 10:34 am

Would it help if one is more conscious of the other golfers playing on the field?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/spcasingapore
bashfulsim
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Safety Instructions: When you hear 'FORE!'   Safety Instructions: When you hear 'FORE!' I_icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 10:50 pm

Thanks for this piece of impt info.

Just wondering any bros here kena hit by balls before?
Back to top Go down
haragolfer
Caddy
Caddy
haragolfer

PostSubject: Re: Safety Instructions: When you hear 'FORE!'   Safety Instructions: When you hear 'FORE!' I_icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 10:52 pm

bashfulsim wrote:
Thanks for this piece of impt info.

Just wondering any bros here kena hit by balls before?

Twice on the hand, once on the foot. Hurt for weeks. Worse when the bits are not fleshy.
Back to top Go down
davechew8381
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Safety Instructions: When you hear 'FORE!'   Safety Instructions: When you hear 'FORE!' I_icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 10:57 pm

Good info.. Thanks for sharing
Back to top Go down
Daztasiumz
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Daztasiumz

PostSubject: Re: Safety Instructions: When you hear 'FORE!'   Safety Instructions: When you hear 'FORE!' I_icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 11:14 pm

Looking at the impact even at 250m
Back to top Go down
Phosphorence
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Safety Instructions: When you hear 'FORE!'   Safety Instructions: When you hear 'FORE!' I_icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 11:16 pm

Thanks for sharing. Hope this can be stickied so that others can refer to it.
Back to top Go down
audi
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
audi

PostSubject: Re: Safety Instructions: When you hear 'FORE!'   Safety Instructions: When you hear 'FORE!' I_icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 11:26 pm

please sticky it mods. very useful information right here!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Safety Instructions: When you hear 'FORE!'   Safety Instructions: When you hear 'FORE!' I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Safety Instructions: When you hear 'FORE!'
Page 1 of 1