Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Importance of Club Fitting

Go down 
+14
enwee
hkhamateur
eiji
nichjon
CKT61
shimizu.toruk
escyb
jeffman88
s-killer
gino
weesern
DGman
Derek
18underPar
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
18underPar
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
18underPar

Importance of Club Fitting Empty
PostSubject: Importance of Club Fitting   Importance of Club Fitting I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 7:32 am

Came across this video and thought we'd share - I guess it really shows the importance of club fitting!! haha Very Happy

http://www.eighteenunderpar.com/deadly-accurate-club-fitting/

Back to top Go down
http://www.EighteenUnderPar.com
Derek
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: Importance of Club Fitting   Importance of Club Fitting I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 7:38 am

Awesome!!!! But man if that is not a camera trick or a rubber ball, those guys have balls of steel
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Importance of Club Fitting   Importance of Club Fitting I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 8:52 am

from a clubfitter's perspective, the guys have balls of steel to claim that.......it's misleading.

from an ad man's perspective, the creative guys have a pretty good angle.....it's engaging and dramatic.....

however the most impressive club fitting outfit in the world today is in canada and a company call modern golf. not sure how good is their fitting abilities but the setup is the best in the world today.

DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
weesern
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
weesern

PostSubject: Re: Importance of Club Fitting   Importance of Club Fitting I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 9:39 am

DGman, I think you putting area is better... From modern golf's website, it is just a corridor and that will help in the alignment
Back to top Go down
gino
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Importance of Club Fitting   Importance of Club Fitting I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 9:59 am

Wonders of computer wizardry for sure.
Back to top Go down
s-killer
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
s-killer

PostSubject: Re: Importance of Club Fitting   Importance of Club Fitting I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 10:16 am

for some reason i still prefer the traditional club fitting process done at the driving range, like what Ping used to do. Not sure are they doing that still

i prefer to see the real ball flight and not from a computer simulator system that predicts the ball flight based on trackman/flightscope/etc
Back to top Go down
jeffman88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jeffman88

PostSubject: Re: Importance of Club Fitting   Importance of Club Fitting I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 11:15 am

haha definitely computer graphics lah.. the golfer probably took a swing without the ball which was later added in, flight path drawn and target hit w explosion special effects Razz
Back to top Go down
escyb
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
escyb

PostSubject: Re: Importance of Club Fitting   Importance of Club Fitting I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 11:23 am

DGman wrote:
from a clubfitter's perspective, the guys have balls of steel to claim that.......it's misleading.

from an ad man's perspective, the creative guys have a pretty good angle.....it's engaging and dramatic.....

however the most impressive club fitting outfit in the world today is in canada and a company call modern golf. not sure how good is their fitting abilities but the setup is the best in the world today.

DGman

DGman has the experience from both sides of the fence!
Back to top Go down
18underPar
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
18underPar

PostSubject: Re: Importance of Club Fitting   Importance of Club Fitting I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 1:19 am

Just checked out Modern Golf's website, looks like an amazing place! Too bad we're over on the west coast in Vancouver though or else I'd definitely pay them a visit!
Back to top Go down
http://www.EighteenUnderPar.com
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Importance of Club Fitting   Importance of Club Fitting I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 9:00 am

escyb wrote:

DGman has the experience from both sides of the fence!

a case of Truth Well Told and Lies Well Sold........cheers.

i speak to some of the sales guys who are in touch with the latest. From what i know, Modern Golf has spend so much money on their set up that its impossible to make it back. the best designer, unlimited funds and a huge building where the facility is built. hence all the brands wants in.....like i say, the facility is the best in the world, the putting analysis can be a bit less restrictive and imaginative but its still a standard thats hard to beat.....

so it someone wants to replicate a Modern Golf somewhere, i think i still have their building blueprint somewhere in my files....but you will need a very rich dad like the current owner who purportedly sits around and do not seem to be too engage with what is happening on a day-to-day basis.

DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
shimizu.toruk
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
shimizu.toruk

PostSubject: Re: Importance of Club Fitting   Importance of Club Fitting I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 9:52 am

I just took a look at the Modern Golf website, indeed it does look amazing!

Not sure if anyone took notice of their address at the bottom of the website though...Skymark Ave ? Razz

They sure have a sense of humour...
Back to top Go down
jeffman88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jeffman88

PostSubject: Re: Importance of Club Fitting   Importance of Club Fitting I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 12:30 pm

shimizu.toruk wrote:
I just took a look at the Modern Golf website, indeed it does look amazing!

Not sure if anyone took notice of their address at the bottom of the website though...Skymark Ave ? Razz

They sure have a sense of humour...

LOL thats a good one.. next shd be Topped Drive, Hook Crescent, Shank Way, High Street....
Back to top Go down
CKT61
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Importance of Club Fitting   Importance of Club Fitting I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 12:33 pm

Bogey Avenue might shut down the business.. LOL
Back to top Go down
nichjon
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
nichjon

PostSubject: Re: Importance of Club Fitting   Importance of Club Fitting I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 10:30 am

Back to the topic, can anyone advise if its important to get fitted correctly from the beginning? I'd rather spend a bit more in the beginning to get the correct equipment instead of using the wrong stuff and end up sticking and doing to all the wrong things. Thanks all.
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: Importance of Club Fitting   Importance of Club Fitting I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 10:37 am

nichjon wrote:
Back to the topic, can anyone advise if its important to get fitted correctly from the beginning? I'd rather spend a bit more in the beginning to get the correct equipment instead of using the wrong stuff and end up sticking and doing to all the wrong things. Thanks all.

Many schools of thought. If you can afford the time and have a reasonably consistent swing then yes. But club fitting is never a do once only thing. For many here it becomes a journey along with the rest of your golf.

For some it's what's keeps golf interesting... Changing equipment, trying out different shafts and heads, testing grinds and lie angles. For all clubs in the bag. From driver all the way down to wedges and putters
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
weesern
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
weesern

PostSubject: Re: Importance of Club Fitting   Importance of Club Fitting I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 10:42 am

U can start with static fitting that will be the most basic but adjustments is necessary along the way... for a start, better to get a set of forged irons as they are easier to bend as compared to cast. U will then be able to use the heads for longer time... that is if u can resist getting new equipment...
Back to top Go down
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
hkhamateur

PostSubject: Re: Importance of Club Fitting   Importance of Club Fitting I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 10:46 am

eiji wrote:
nichjon wrote:

Many schools of thought. If you can afford the time and have a reasonably consistent swing then yes. But club fitting is never a do once only thing. For many here it becomes a journey along with the rest of your golf.

For some it's what's keeps golf interesting... Changing equipment, trying out different shafts and heads, testing grinds and lie angles. For all clubs in the bag. From driver all the way down to wedges and putters

Personal fully agreed!
Tats why fr the past many yrs I buy off the shelves solely except last year my experimental journey starts.
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: Importance of Club Fitting   Importance of Club Fitting I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 10:50 am

hkhamateur wrote:
eiji wrote:
nichjon wrote:

Personal fully agreed!
Tats why fr the past many yrs I buy off the shelves solely except last year my experimental journey starts.
And you never stop......lol
Back to top Go down
TLHENG
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
TLHENG

PostSubject: Re: Importance of Club Fitting   Importance of Club Fitting I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 11:13 am

S-KILLER WROTE;

for some reason i still prefer the traditional club fitting process done at the driving range, like what Ping used to do. Not sure are they doing that still

i prefer to see the real ball flight and not from a computer simulator system that predicts the ball flight based on trackman/flightscope/etc

Agree, Ping fitting done at the range is the best imho. Those done with a mat and a net is a no no to me
Back to top Go down
phatish
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Importance of Club Fitting   Importance of Club Fitting I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 11:28 am

Wonder how much does it cost to get fitted?
Back to top Go down
TLHENG
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
TLHENG

PostSubject: Re: Importance of Club Fitting   Importance of Club Fitting I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 11:32 am

Fitting is free, when you order the set from them.
Back to top Go down
Rafj
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Rafj

PostSubject: Re: Importance of Club Fitting   Importance of Club Fitting I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 12:04 pm

s-killer wrote:

I totally agree, the best way to work on your adjustments are when you see the ball flight as it is.....;-)

Last edited by Rafj on Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
phatish
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Importance of Club Fitting   Importance of Club Fitting I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 12:36 pm

How about those who already has a set of clubs? Any idea roughly how much it would cost?
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: Importance of Club Fitting   Importance of Club Fitting I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 1:06 pm

Phatish,

Charges are usually quite nominal, definitely less than a new set of irons.

Best to get it from the horse's mouth, so checking with a few fitters around would be your best bet. Speaking with them over the phone also gives you some indication of who you might eventually be comfortable with.

Good place to start would be BFG.
Back to top Go down
phatish
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Importance of Club Fitting   Importance of Club Fitting I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 1:50 pm

Noted with thanks. Will check them out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Importance of Club Fitting   Importance of Club Fitting I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Importance of Club Fitting
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next