Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

correct grip size

Go down 
+25
chiajinhon
Technospaz
akhild
moodi
yob_ha
cactuzone
babolat
angyongshen
Turbo
Nicq
nichjon
pysimy
Cnng121
enwee
marmarchen
jason.koh.54966
triston
andtsg
weesern
hkhamateur
mrkatsucurry
audi
gino
stickman
kakaxi
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

correct grip size - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: correct grip size   correct grip size - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 2:14 pm

Nicq wrote:
sorry to bring up an old post, but do you guys have any recommendations for golf grips? reasonable priced can alr, not aiming for super expensive grips. PM me some shop recommendations? thanks. i saw bob golf being mentioned here.
You can try Golf Simply @ FESC 2nd Level ...
Back to top Go down
angyongshen
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
angyongshen

PostSubject: Re: correct grip size   correct grip size - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 2:56 pm

Since  fate have you find bob's golf in this thread, maybe you can drop by bob's and take a look at the wide selection they have. Then go fesc to compare the offerings and prices. Making an informed decision before making your purchase.

I changed at bob's golf once. Cool
Back to top Go down
babolat
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
babolat

PostSubject: Re: correct grip size   correct grip size - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 4:08 pm

I wear size 23 glove which is tight with no allowance.
Was told that for size 23 glove' grip size is standard. No need to "+" or "-'
Back to top Go down
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
hkhamateur

PostSubject: Re: correct grip size   correct grip size - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 1:45 pm

Cnng121 wrote:
nichjon wrote:
I ordered Iomic grips, they're a bit pricey but seems to be pretty good, anyway I've only ordered 2 pcs for my driver and an iron to try it out.  I also ordered a bigger grip for my putter.  All from Grips 4 less.
The grips look great! Anyone know where can these be available? I have tried Masda grips before, does this cost more than those in the local context? Online stores normally cost less i believe but after adding the workmanship, it may cost the same?
Masda grip re both nice in appearance n grippy. Its made of racing car tires compound. I love you
My buddy got this for his full irons set n myself on my Miura wedges!Wink
Torque golf has the full range n workmanship by Benz was gd...Smile
Goin at S$22 each incl labour. Cool
Back to top Go down
cactuzone
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: correct grip size   correct grip size - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 2:50 pm

Learned Torque has relocated at MBGC.
Back to top Go down
jason.koh.54966
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
jason.koh.54966

PostSubject: Re: correct grip size   correct grip size - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 11:13 pm

Tried searching for DGman, he can definitely advise n offer u the right grip.
Back to top Go down
yob_ha
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: correct grip size   correct grip size - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 11:01 pm

Would like to check, how long do i need to let the new grip cure before using the club?
Googled around, but range from 1 hr to 24 hr to 2days. Just found out that my FW and Driver grip are worn. And need to play on Wednesday morning...

If not enough leadtime, may fall back to my spare clubs...
Back to top Go down
moodi
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
moodi

PostSubject: Re: correct grip size   correct grip size - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 11:21 pm

bro, got my driver grip done at TPY range..less than 2 hrs i used lo..so no worry..
Back to top Go down
akhild
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
akhild

PostSubject: Re: correct grip size   correct grip size - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 11:22 pm

Eugene at the den always advises 2 hours if i remember correctly.
I tried my irons at 8am next day after changing grip at 4pm. No issues.
Back to top Go down
yob_ha
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: correct grip size   correct grip size - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 7:35 am

Oh ok. Thanks for the info.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: correct grip size   correct grip size - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 8:42 am

I'd say about 2 hours to be safe. A lot depends on the workmanship too but with deliverables from the Den, 1-2 hours is sufficient. If you're still not comfortable, give it a couple more hours if you can afford it Smile
Back to top Go down
weesern
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
weesern

PostSubject: Re: correct grip size   correct grip size - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 10:19 am

i think overnight should be good enough
Back to top Go down
chiajinhon
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: correct grip size   correct grip size - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2015 7:33 pm

Hello guys, I'm looking at possibly going for grip size fitting due to my strangely disproportionate palm to finger length ratio.

From what is written here so far, I see Bob's golf and bfg are the most popular choices. I have a couple of questions:
1. Any other good fitters to recommend?  Can pm if you are not comfortable to reply here
2. Does Bob's have an ball hitting area to try out different grip sizes?
3. Are all grips actually same sized, with only the amount of tape being the variation of the grip size?
4. Does different grip size affect the overall swing weight of the club?
Back to top Go down
swine
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: correct grip size   correct grip size - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2015 7:45 pm

Benz@torque golf is my personal favourite.
Back to top Go down
Nam Flog
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: correct grip size   correct grip size - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2015 8:03 pm

chiajinhon wrote:
Hello guys, I'm looking at possibly going for grip size fitting due to my strangely disproportionate palm to finger length ratio.

From what is written here so far, I see Bob's golf and bfg are the most popular choices. I have a couple of questions:
1. Any other good fitters to recommend?  Can pm if you are not comfortable to reply here
I go to Octane @ bukit timah. Reasonable guy with reasonable knowledge at reasonable pricing. I feel very comfortable with him. Small shop cannot hit balls there.
2. Does Bob's have an ball hitting area to try out different grip sizes?
Not sure
3. Are all grips actually same sized, with only the amount of tape being the variation of the grip size?
No. There are standard, mid, and jumbo sizes. The layers of tape are used for fine tuning.
4. Does different grip size affect the overall swing weight of the club?
Yes. Generally the bigger/heavier the grip, the lower the swing weight.
Back to top Go down
willytan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
willytan

PostSubject: Re: correct grip size   correct grip size - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2015 9:35 pm

I will highly recommend Malek @ Pandan garden.

His pricing and workmanship is one of the best I have used thus far.
Back to top Go down
mizunoshen
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: correct grip size   correct grip size - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2015 1:50 pm

@willytan - what is the name of the golf shop which you mentioned?
Back to top Go down
chiajinhon
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: correct grip size   correct grip size - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2015 2:55 pm

Before deciding to change grips, I actually did pretty extensive research online regarding the influence of grips. Changing grips isn't cheap so after being fed up for a long time with inconsistent ball striking, I bit the bullet and changed from regular to mid size grips. 

It's been a month after the change. So here are my thoughts:
1. Correct golf grip size is grossly overlooked. There's no point optimizing clubhead or shaft if the grip is not the right size
2. With the correct size, you get a better feel of where your clubhead and shaft is on the backswing. 
3. With the right grip, your can grip more lightly and more constantly throughout the swing, which helps the clubface square on impact.
4. All in all, feel is better, and ball striking is much more consistent.

So instead of chasing that next shiny, new club, maybe putting that cash into getting the right size grips will be even more worthwhile. 

PS: I tried hitting clubs with regular size grips again the other day. It just made me feel more glad about moving on to mid size grips haha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: correct grip size   correct grip size - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

correct grip size
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2