Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Recomend iron fitter

Go down 
+5
eladnonnac
kamen
Vinny
pushslice
dunlookback
9 posters
AuthorMessage
dunlookback
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

Recomend iron fitter Empty
PostSubject: Recomend iron fitter   Recomend iron fitter I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2013 8:14 am

Hi fellow gr mates. I am seriously considering iron fitting. Any strong recommendations? Anyone tried golf house fitting? I am quite clueless what shaft fit me and wat i need etc. Will be very open to any expert advance. Thank you in advance
Back to top Go down
http://www.golfrepublic.org/t25292-tour-issue-irons-taylormade-r
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: Recomend iron fitter   Recomend iron fitter I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2013 8:31 am

Bro.. You've been here quite long hor...sure you know the fitters we have discussed over and over.

Do you already have iron heads or are u only looking for shafts? Or have iron brand in mind?

Some will recommend BFG, some torque, some Ivangolf, some wizgolf, some mark Higgs, some sigma. Newcomers golfwerks, mbgc fitting. I may miss some places. Everyone has an opinion.

I won't go to golf house or any retail shops for serious iron fitting. Not real trained fitters, mainly just sales folks. Maybe only William if he's ard.

However, if you like ping or titleist, I'd go to their demo days and try to get fitted by their inhouse guys.
Back to top Go down
dunlookback
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Recomend iron fitter   Recomend iron fitter I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2013 10:26 am

yes. but I realised I need expert view. keen to try golf house cos they have this shaft analyser gadget. hope to have some inputs. Smile
Back to top Go down
Vinny
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Vinny

PostSubject: Re: Recomend iron fitter   Recomend iron fitter I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2013 10:33 am

pushslice wrote:
Bro.. You've been here quite long hor...sure you know the fitters we have discussed over and over.

Do you already have iron heads or are u only looking for shafts? Or have iron brand in mind?

Some will recommend BFG, some torque, some Ivangolf, some wizgolf, some mark Higgs, some sigma. Newcomers golfwerks, mbgc fitting. I may miss some places. Everyone has an opinion.

I won't go to golf house or any retail shops for serious iron fitting. Not real trained fitters, mainly just sales folks. Maybe only William if he's ard.

However, if you like ping or titleist, I'd go to their demo days and try to get fitted by their inhouse guys.

Yeah man,

Thought you would've been fitted by now, and GH would be the last place to get fitted IMHO, let alone expert advice. Fitting consultation I thought is by experience & expertise ~ getting fitted by using a gadget, hmm..... all fitters use a gadget for shaft or swing analysis at some point scratch That's something new...... Well, everyday we learn something new

Beer
Back to top Go down
kamen
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
kamen

PostSubject: Re: Recomend iron fitter   Recomend iron fitter I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2013 10:40 am

My opinion of seeing a fitter is no different to that of going to a hawker center. Ai hiam? Mai hiam? Gei hiam? You have to know what you want and if it suits you.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/spcasingapore
eladnonnac
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Recomend iron fitter   Recomend iron fitter I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2013 11:28 am

I like the Titleist fitting process. Actual golf balls with Trackman. They also have good data on the shafts that they recommend. I feel comforted that I can see the actual ball flight, distance against the data they have on the trackman.

I can definitely see results once I started playing based on their recommendations.
Back to top Go down
hillgreen
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
hillgreen

PostSubject: Re: Recomend iron fitter   Recomend iron fitter I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2013 11:38 am

dunlookback wrote:
yes. but I realised I need expert view. keen to try golf house cos they have this shaft analyser gadget. hope to have some inputs. Smile

Ha, perhaps you tried too many irons/sets till all confused..... Crying or Very sad

IMO, better to get fitted with a place that has a trackman equivalent and the iron or driver that can be fitted to many shafts options. Good if it is in the range so that you can get data from your hit and see the real ball flight . I found that data are only just for references if we do not associated it with our preferred ball flight (high , low, left , right ..). There are some data that is worth looking at which we often ignored...eg the spin rate and your smash factor etc.

Ping fitting can be done at some ranges but I found that their shaft options may not be that broad (speaking from experiences gained last year so i assume still the same today) .

Perhaps you should try a few fitter first and see how it goes before you decided for a final set. The difficult part is that some fitter may not have the model that you wanted in terms of head and shaft....

Back to top Go down
pippin
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
pippin

PostSubject: Re: Recomend iron fitter   Recomend iron fitter I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2013 1:40 pm

Whatever it is, it will be confusing for the first time.

So best is someone that you can trust through reputation or hearsay. Or best... who your golf buddies go to. Smile
Back to top Go down
dunlookback
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Recomend iron fitter   Recomend iron fitter I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2013 3:09 pm

Thank you everyone. hmmm where can get titleist fitting? Smile
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: Recomend iron fitter   Recomend iron fitter I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2013 3:10 pm

dunlookback wrote:
Thank you everyone. hmmm where can get titleist fitting? Smile
If i'm not wrong should be sentosa. But u can call aschunet to check.
Back to top Go down
dunlookback
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Recomend iron fitter   Recomend iron fitter I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2013 3:11 pm

thx Smile
Back to top Go down
Gofnut
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Recomend iron fitter   Recomend iron fitter I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2013 3:15 pm

www.titleist.com.sg
Back to top Go down
eladnonnac
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Recomend iron fitter   Recomend iron fitter I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2013 3:31 pm

I wish to add that although people typically say that even beginners should go for fitting, I think the Titleist process is more suited for consistent players. If you can't get 3-5 shots consistent, it will be near impossible to get good trackman data for a decent recommendation. Depending on your level of play, a simpler lie board plus swing speed fitting process at even Golf House may be good enough.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Recomend iron fitter   Recomend iron fitter I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Recomend iron fitter
Page 1 of 1