Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

going to be newbie... help!!!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Jentson
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

going to be newbie... help!!! Empty
PostSubject: going to be newbie... help!!!   going to be newbie... help!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 9:50 am

hi all,

very interested to pick up the sport... any recommendations for good instructor?

probably be learning together with my wife... thanks all

tried on driving range before but my ball cannot fly one... so probably need a good instructor LoL
Back to top Go down
Jentson
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: going to be newbie... help!!!   going to be newbie... help!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 12:19 pm

hi Bro popeyex,

i cant pm yet... thanks, appreciate if you can share the contacts ya
Back to top Go down
DKing
Caddy
Caddy
DKing

PostSubject: Re: going to be newbie... help!!!   going to be newbie... help!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 12:58 pm

Hi Jentson.

It's a good idea to be learning together with your wife.
My wife and I have the same coach and we go for lessons together.
It's fun and helps in many ways.

I would like to share a couple of considerations.

1) Location - this may seem insignificant initially given this is a small island but you will be surprised at how this can be a pro or con when it comes to arranging the dates and time for lesson.

2) Comfort level and communication with Coach - you can find a location first and short list the coaches there or if location isn't an issue, search and ask around the forum and Internet for recommended coaches. Then give them a call to arrange a meet up. Go speak with them and see how they conduct their lessons. You can share with them what you hope to achieve and they should be able to tell you how they can help you. The lessons will be more enjoyable and you will improve faster if the coach is able to identify areas which needs to work on and deliver the instructions in a way that you can understand. Also helps if you are comfortable enough to ask freely to clarify your doubts.

Lastly, manage your expectations. This game takes awhile to learn.

You're always welcome to ask more Smile

Last edited by DKing on Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jentson
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: going to be newbie... help!!!   going to be newbie... help!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 1:03 pm

hi bro DKing,

thanks for the insight, really nice/friendly people around here...

have been doing some homework on my part as well sourcing on the net, quite a number of coaches to choose from

just something that i wasnt very sure on the PC, if you can enlighten me/correct me if i am wrong, i read that there are 2 kinds of PC??

of course i would like to go for the one which is recognized at all if not most places, can we advise which is it?

DKing wrote:
Hi Jentson.

It's a good idea to be learning together with your wife.
My wife and I have the same coach and we go for lessons together.
It's fun and helps in many ways.

I would like to share a couple of considerations.

1) Location - this may seem insignificant initially given this is a small island but you will be surprised at how this can be a pro or con when it comes to arranging the dates and time for lesson.

2) Comfort level and communication with Coach - you can find a location first and short list the coaches there or if location isn't an issue, search and ask around the forum and Internet for recommended coaches. Then give them a call to arrange a meet up. Go speak with them and see how they conduct their lessons. You can share with them what you hope to achieve and they should be able to tell you how they can help you.

Lastly, manage your expectations. This game takes awhile to learn.

You're always welcome to ask more Smile
Back to top Go down
DKing
Caddy
Caddy
DKing

PostSubject: Re: going to be newbie... help!!!   going to be newbie... help!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 1:26 pm

Sent you a link.
It should clear the air on your question.

You can practice at Mandai or NSRCC executive courses for a start.
Just need to do a swing test at NSRCC and you're good to play the executive 9 holes there.
The swing test is free.

This can be a question to pose to your potential coach who should be able to direct you to where and how you can practice and play safely. Safe to you and safe to others.

Last edited by DKing on Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jentson
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: going to be newbie... help!!!   going to be newbie... help!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 1:34 pm

Gotten ur pm bro... will read up... much appreciated

DKing wrote:
Sent you a link.
It should clear the air on your question.

You can practice at Mandai or NSRCC executive courses for a start.
Just need to do a swing test at NSRCC and you're good to play the executive 9 holes there.
The swing test is free.

This can be a question to pose to your potential coach who should be able to direct you to where and how you can practice and play safely. Safe to you and safe to others.
Back to top Go down
DKing
Caddy
Caddy
DKing

PostSubject: Re: going to be newbie... help!!!   going to be newbie... help!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 1:36 pm

No worries and you're most welcomed Smile
Back to top Go down
paul@golf
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
paul@golf

PostSubject: Re: going to be newbie... help!!!   going to be newbie... help!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 3:07 pm

Welcome to e game too! Wishg u many happy hours of golf & loads of new friends & golf courses to travel cheers
Back to top Go down
mrkatsucurry
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
mrkatsucurry

PostSubject: Re: going to be newbie... help!!!   going to be newbie... help!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 6:50 pm

Try Craig marshall

Good guy, doesn't look at time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: going to be newbie... help!!!   going to be newbie... help!!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

going to be newbie... help!!!
Page 1 of 1