Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

K J Choi buys off-the-rack irons for the PGA Memorial

Go down 
+9
Vinny
bogeyman72
Najibapark
mrkatsucurry
hkhamateur
kamen
qqqqqq
18underPar
Flash
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Flash
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Flash

K J Choi buys off-the-rack irons for the PGA Memorial Empty
PostSubject: K J Choi buys off-the-rack irons for the PGA Memorial   K J Choi buys off-the-rack irons for the PGA Memorial I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 12:46 am

Hi Guys,

This is interesting. KJ Choi buy straight off the shelf and into play at the PGA Memorial - a set of MP-64s. Wonder why he switch brand and club abruptly?

Maybe keep it simple and buy off the rack a good idea. Sometimes we go to many swing analysis and club-fitting session, bombard with lot of recommendation, being confuse and burn a big hole in the pocket.

http://www.golfwrx.com/100880/choi-buys-new-irons-at-golf-galaxy-for-the-memorial/
Back to top Go down
18underPar
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
18underPar

PostSubject: Re: K J Choi buys off-the-rack irons for the PGA Memorial   K J Choi buys off-the-rack irons for the PGA Memorial I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 4:23 am

Anybody know what irons he was playing before this switch? I think they were Miura's right?

Pretty cool to see a pro purchase off the rack clubs like us! Reminds me of Jim Furyk buying that $39 putter at a discount golf shop on his way to winning the Tour Championship that one year...... and $11.35 million too! Wonder if KJ will follow suit and win this week!!!

Back to top Go down
http://www.EighteenUnderPar.com
qqqqqq
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: K J Choi buys off-the-rack irons for the PGA Memorial   K J Choi buys off-the-rack irons for the PGA Memorial I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 6:10 am

18underPar wrote:
Anybody know what irons he was playing before this switch? I think they were Miura's right?

Pretty cool to see a pro purchase off the rack clubs like us! Reminds me of Jim Furyk buying that $39 putter at a discount golf shop on his way to winning the Tour Championship that one year...... and $11.35 million too! Wonder if KJ will follow suit and win this week!!!

Yeah, really curious to know what he was using originally and what would drive him to change his irons so close to the tournament.
Back to top Go down
kamen
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
kamen

PostSubject: Re: K J Choi buys off-the-rack irons for the PGA Memorial   K J Choi buys off-the-rack irons for the PGA Memorial I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 7:45 am

Other than insiders, who knows what the hecks really going on? I'd hazard he's trying to make a point.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/spcasingapore
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
hkhamateur

PostSubject: Re: K J Choi buys off-the-rack irons for the PGA Memorial   K J Choi buys off-the-rack irons for the PGA Memorial I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 7:51 am

18underPar wrote:

His previous set Miura CB-501 w K.J.Choi printed! Wink
Em....wats he thinkg? Question
Another Furyk repeats or had an disagreement w Miura san? Neutral
Back to top Go down
mrkatsucurry
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
mrkatsucurry

PostSubject: Re: K J Choi buys off-the-rack irons for the PGA Memorial   K J Choi buys off-the-rack irons for the PGA Memorial I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 8:05 am

Maybe golf galaxy got sale.

And gave him free hybrid.

Beh tahan. Clicked.
Back to top Go down
Najibapark
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Najibapark

PostSubject: Re: K J Choi buys off-the-rack irons for the PGA Memorial   K J Choi buys off-the-rack irons for the PGA Memorial I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 8:10 am

something must have happened to his irons!
Back to top Go down
mrkatsucurry
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
mrkatsucurry

PostSubject: Re: K J Choi buys off-the-rack irons for the PGA Memorial   K J Choi buys off-the-rack irons for the PGA Memorial I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 9:11 am

choi......
Back to top Go down
bogeyman72
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
bogeyman72

PostSubject: Re: K J Choi buys off-the-rack irons for the PGA Memorial   K J Choi buys off-the-rack irons for the PGA Memorial I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 11:06 am

May be Mizuno has a pipeline endorsement deal with him and they are already discussing it on the sidelines?

Pre-emptive -marketing move.... imagine if he wins with the off-the rack Mizus.....
Back to top Go down
Vinny
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Vinny

PostSubject: Re: K J Choi buys off-the-rack irons for the PGA Memorial   K J Choi buys off-the-rack irons for the PGA Memorial I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 11:27 am

Maybe..... There's just a whole lot of maybes, and only the guys on the inside would know what's going on.......

Rarely, do pros walk into a store & buy something off the rack. With this move the brand concerned got quite a fair bit of "air time" & I don't mean the ball getting more air time in this instance.

Go figure guys........ Peace
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: K J Choi buys off-the-rack irons for the PGA Memorial   K J Choi buys off-the-rack irons for the PGA Memorial I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 12:12 pm

With talent, you could win tournaments using a spade and a chopstick.
Back to top Go down
bogeyman72
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
bogeyman72

PostSubject: Re: K J Choi buys off-the-rack irons for the PGA Memorial   K J Choi buys off-the-rack irons for the PGA Memorial I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 12:13 pm

Bro, Spade & Chopstick not conforming........ could be disqualified.....
Technospaz wrote:
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: K J Choi buys off-the-rack irons for the PGA Memorial   K J Choi buys off-the-rack irons for the PGA Memorial I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 12:15 pm

bogeyman72 wrote:
Bro, Spade & Chopstick not conforming........ could be disqualified.....
Technospaz wrote:

Pundek.
Back to top Go down
kamen
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
kamen

PostSubject: Re: K J Choi buys off-the-rack irons for the PGA Memorial   K J Choi buys off-the-rack irons for the PGA Memorial I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 12:17 pm

It's akin to a F1 driver popping into an ordinary auto dealership just before a race and driving out a car to go racing in.

Last edited by kamen on Fri May 31, 2013 12:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: K J Choi buys off-the-rack irons for the PGA Memorial   K J Choi buys off-the-rack irons for the PGA Memorial I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 12:18 pm

kamen wrote:
It's akin to a F1 driver popping into an ordinary auto dealership and driving out a car to go racing.

Not quite since ordinary cars are unlike F1 cars but I get your point Smile
Back to top Go down
kamen
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
kamen

PostSubject: Re: K J Choi buys off-the-rack irons for the PGA Memorial   K J Choi buys off-the-rack irons for the PGA Memorial I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 12:20 pm

Wah Advisor, you are damn fast with your replies! Shocked
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: K J Choi buys off-the-rack irons for the PGA Memorial   K J Choi buys off-the-rack irons for the PGA Memorial I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 12:22 pm

kamen wrote:

I'm pissed off in the office so feeling not in tune with whatever else is on my desk.
Back to top Go down
kamen
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
kamen

PostSubject: Re: K J Choi buys off-the-rack irons for the PGA Memorial   K J Choi buys off-the-rack irons for the PGA Memorial I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 12:26 pm

Technospaz wrote:
kamen wrote:

I'm pissed off in the office so feeling not in tune with whatever else is on my desk.

Weekend's just hours away, try take it easy... Smile
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: K J Choi buys off-the-rack irons for the PGA Memorial   K J Choi buys off-the-rack irons for the PGA Memorial I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 12:30 pm

Technospaz wrote:
kamen wrote:

i always believe i will get the best bang for the buck if my lawyer is pissed.....

flower
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: K J Choi buys off-the-rack irons for the PGA Memorial   K J Choi buys off-the-rack irons for the PGA Memorial I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 12:44 pm

slinger wrote:
Technospaz wrote:
kamen wrote:

i always believe i will get the best bang for the buck if my lawyer is pissed.....

flower

I think you're confused, Slinger.

If your lawyer is pissed, you'll get the best bang in the dark.
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: K J Choi buys off-the-rack irons for the PGA Memorial   K J Choi buys off-the-rack irons for the PGA Memorial I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 12:57 pm

Technospaz wrote:
slinger wrote:
Technospaz wrote:
kamen wrote:

flower

I think you're confused, Slinger.

If your lawyer is pissed, you'll get the best bang in the dark.

ROFL

i only want my lawyer to be pissed at the OTHER lawyer....

not at ME....
Back to top Go down
Flash
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Flash

PostSubject: Re: K J Choi buys off-the-rack irons for the PGA Memorial   K J Choi buys off-the-rack irons for the PGA Memorial I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 3:29 pm

So far he is doing well in PGA Memorial. Opened with an even-par 72 that included four birdies. His iron play wasn’t spectacular, but certainly wasn’t poor, either. He hit 12-of-18 greens in regulation and had an average distance to the pin of 31 feet, 5 inches.

K J Choi probably read a lot of golfdigest. Knowing that MP64 is on par with his Miura CB-501 in the best blade like irons category. http://www.golfwrx.com/95050/best-irons-2013/ Who know he will also buy Callaway X-Forged and Cobra AMP Cell Pro off the rack for the next tournaments! Callaway and Cobra fans scream!! Cheers Jump

Back to top Go down
NikeN
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
NikeN

PostSubject: Re: K J Choi buys off-the-rack irons for the PGA Memorial   K J Choi buys off-the-rack irons for the PGA Memorial I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 4:09 pm

i dont think KJ need refer to Golfdigest for buying. Razz
All the pro know what they want exactly. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
benjaminsg
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: K J Choi buys off-the-rack irons for the PGA Memorial   K J Choi buys off-the-rack irons for the PGA Memorial I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 12:28 am

from Golfwrx
 Update: Choi played the MP-64 irons during all four rounds at the Memorial, shooting 72-74-70-71 (1-under) to finish T21 and earn $58,202.50.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: K J Choi buys off-the-rack irons for the PGA Memorial   K J Choi buys off-the-rack irons for the PGA Memorial I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

K J Choi buys off-the-rack irons for the PGA Memorial
Page 1 of 1