Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Any advice for Taylormade R11J

Go down 
+9
kenneth18
ahnah
bogeyman72
pReTeNd3r
GolfMania
Sean76
ThomasTan
BruiseLee
toadteo
13 posters
AuthorMessage
toadteo
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Any advice for Taylormade R11J Empty
PostSubject: Any advice for Taylormade R11J   Any advice for Taylormade R11J I_icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 10:26 pm

Hi All,

Appreciate any review or feedback of Taylormade R11J.
Where and how much to get one in the market?
Thank you very much in advance. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
BruiseLee
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Any advice for Taylormade R11J   Any advice for Taylormade R11J I_icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 10:36 pm

toadteo wrote:
Hi All,

Dear Toad Teo,

If you don't mind it second hand, it's available at the following site.

http://golfsite.sg/ads/taylor-made-r11j-japanese-specs/

Thanks.

Best regards,
BruiseLee

Disclaimer: I am not the seller nor do I know the seller in the above link.
Back to top Go down
ThomasTan
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Any advice for Taylormade R11J   Any advice for Taylormade R11J I_icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 10:40 pm

Hi. Am using the R11J, which was bought from GD some months back. I change the stock shaft (stiff flex) as I found it too whippy - expected as it's a Jap specs, with my favorite shaft the fujikura speeder (bought online) stiff flex. It is real easy to launch and gives good distance. Find that the head of the club is light.
No major cons for the driver.
Back to top Go down
Sean76
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Sean76

PostSubject: Re: Any advice for Taylormade R11J   Any advice for Taylormade R11J I_icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 10:45 pm

toadteo wrote:
Hi All,

Any particular reason why you are looking at this model?
I just posted the Taka sale, R11J is one of them at $199. If you got Taka card, additional 10% off on 24-26 May.

http://www.golfrepublic.org/t23520-takashimaya-sale-golf-gss-24-may-16-jun#378666

Back to top Go down
GolfMania
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
GolfMania

PostSubject: Re: Any advice for Taylormade R11J   Any advice for Taylormade R11J I_icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 10:51 pm

Just received the Taka sales catalogue.. R11J driver will be on sales at $199 starting this Friday. Taka card holders will entitle additional 10% from 24-26 May =)
Back to top Go down
pReTeNd3r
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
pReTeNd3r

PostSubject: Re: Any advice for Taylormade R11J   Any advice for Taylormade R11J I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 7:50 am

MTL...shopping time Smile
Back to top Go down
bogeyman72
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
bogeyman72

PostSubject: Re: Any advice for Taylormade R11J   Any advice for Taylormade R11J I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 8:48 am

Must resist! Must save $$!

sigh.......
Cool
Back to top Go down
toadteo
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Any advice for Taylormade R11J   Any advice for Taylormade R11J I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 11:16 am

BruiseLee wrote:
toadteo wrote:
Hi All,

Dear Toad Teo,

If you don't mind it second hand, it's available at the following site.

http://golfsite.sg/ads/taylor-made-r11j-japanese-specs/

Thanks.

Best regards,
BruiseLee

Disclaimer: I am not the seller nor do I know the seller in the above link.

Hi BruiseLee, thanks alot for the link to this second hand R11J.
Before your post, i already view this link. This is the first time i come across R11J and thus started this thread to check and see if it is good buy...
Back to top Go down
toadteo
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Any advice for Taylormade R11J   Any advice for Taylormade R11J I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 11:18 am

ThomasTan wrote:
Hi. Am using the R11J, which was bought from GD some months back. I change the stock shaft (stiff flex) as I found it too whippy - expected as it's a Jap specs, with my favorite shaft the fujikura speeder (bought online) stiff flex. It is real easy to launch and gives good distance. Find that the head of the club is light.
No major cons for the driver.

Hi ThomasTan, thank you for your sharing your personal experience with the driver. This will sure help in my consideration. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
toadteo
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Any advice for Taylormade R11J   Any advice for Taylormade R11J I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 11:22 am

Sean76 wrote:
toadteo wrote:
Hi All,

I just posted the Taka sale, R11J is one of them at $199. If you got Taka card, additional 10% off on 24-26 May.

http://www.golfrepublic.org/t23520-takashimaya-sale-golf-gss-24-may-16-jun#378666

Hi Sean76, thank you very much for your reply with the Taka promotion.
Acutally there's no particular reason, just by chance i saw someone selling his second hand R11J at http://golfsite.sg/ads/taylor-made-r11j-japanese-specs/ and posted this thread to see if it a good deal. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
ahnah
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
ahnah

PostSubject: Re: Any advice for Taylormade R11J   Any advice for Taylormade R11J I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 11:27 am

toadteo wrote:
Sean76 wrote:
toadteo wrote:
Hi All,

Hi Sean76, thank you very much for your reply with the Taka promotion.
Acutally there's no particular reason, just by chance i saw someone selling his second hand R11J at http://golfsite.sg/ads/taylor-made-r11j-japanese-specs/ and posted this thread to see if it a good deal. Very Happy

U wan to buy ?

I know someone is selling his R11J
Back to top Go down
toadteo
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Any advice for Taylormade R11J   Any advice for Taylormade R11J I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 11:33 am

[quote="ahnah]

U wan to buy ?

I know someone is selling his R11J [/quote]

Hi ahnah, just pm you. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
kenneth18
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
kenneth18

PostSubject: Re: Any advice for Taylormade R11J   Any advice for Taylormade R11J I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 7:48 pm

Looking at the taka sales, the R11J gets me excited. I really wonder whats the difference between R11j vs R11s?
Back to top Go down
MLP
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
MLP

PostSubject: Re: Any advice for Taylormade R11J   Any advice for Taylormade R11J I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 9:32 pm

I think you all really want to know the diff between the 2. Well lucky for you, I have both of them. I'm just going to do a short write up on both. Stock shafts and with the Project X 6.0.

R11J - R Flex Fujikura

Too whippy for me. If you are even a slight bit a strong hitter, this is not for you. Any flaw will be amplified. But it worked well for me. I drove about 240m on average, 250m max. But the ball flight ballooned. Too easily.

R11s - Stock US Spec shaft

Excellent. Ball flight was good, mid launch low spin, 10-15m of roll. Really good feel too. But of course I was just lucky that it was an appropriate shaft.

With the Project X...
Specs:
65g
45"
GP Multicompound 50g grip

On the R11J, it was just too unbalanced. The shaft was heavy for the head and it felt really back weighted. Still, it performed well. By now, I had already buffed up and I drove 250m consistently. With the R11s, a heavier head, it was perfect. Very balanced feel and even better stats. 260m on average, 2500rpm mid high flight.

In conclusion, I think that the R11J is for all who don't hit too hard. The stock offerings are just not suitable for fast swing speeds. Too much side and back spin. The R11s is beast for all who want tunability and ball flight. I can attest that it is indeed longer and straighter. But I speculate because of the stiffer stock shaft. On the PX 6.0 shaft of time, the R11s def feels more balancd and the distance gained was phenomenal.

In case anyone is interested in my specs...
9.75 degrees
0.75 degrees open face (0.75 close cause of increased loft, ASP brought it down by 1.5 to 0.75 open)
10g toe 1g heel
Back to top Go down
kenneth18
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
kenneth18

PostSubject: Re: Any advice for Taylormade R11J   Any advice for Taylormade R11J I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 10:52 pm

Thank you MLP for this good writeup review between R11j vs. R11s. I guess maybe the stock shaft is Project X 6.0, thats why the flight and launch angle is different. Cos i tried R11s before and its as good as what you mentioned.
Back to top Go down
MLP
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
MLP

PostSubject: Re: Any advice for Taylormade R11J   Any advice for Taylormade R11J I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 11:09 pm

kenneth18 wrote:
Thank you MLP for this good writeup review between R11j vs. R11s. I guess maybe the stock shaft is Project X 6.0, thats why the flight and launch angle is different. Cos i tried R11s before and its as good as what you mentioned.

The stock safe for the R11s is the Aldila RIP Phenom. The shaft that I use is the Project X. But the two are quite similar in ball flights. R11s is a real beast. I've hit it once and it instantly replaced my, then, driver.
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Any advice for Taylormade R11J   Any advice for Taylormade R11J I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 11:11 pm

kenneth18 wrote:

I remember my ex R11s is shafted with Aldila RIP Phenom 62g ... I dun really like the feel ...Hence, I sold it away ... I have to agree R11s is a decent driver. This Cobra AMP driver that I'm currently using also not my favourite driver but I just have to make do with it till I find the right babe ...
Back to top Go down
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
hkhamateur

PostSubject: Re: Any advice for Taylormade R11J   Any advice for Taylormade R11J I_icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 1:07 pm

Turbo wrote:
kenneth18 wrote:

I remember my ex R11s is shafted with Aldila RIP Phenom 62g ... I dun really like the feel ...Hence, I sold it away ... I have to agree R11s is a decent driver. This Cobra AMP driver that I'm currently using also not my favourite driver but I just have to make do with it till I find the right babe ...

Miura SIT460 driver, sir? Question
U can hve it raw, middle-well or well done, sir! Laughing Laughing
Come on, bro Turbo! Wink
Back to top Go down
DLWL
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
DLWL

PostSubject: Re: Any advice for Taylormade R11J   Any advice for Taylormade R11J I_icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 2:08 pm

Not a TM fan. but tried the R9 460/R11/R11s/RBZ.

Didn't like the R11/R11s. The feel is quite hollow and its really loud.

The R9 460 felt the best and the RBZ performed the best for me.

You should try as R11 really felt very different as compared to other drivers to me.
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Any advice for Taylormade R11J   Any advice for Taylormade R11J I_icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 3:04 pm

hkhamateur wrote:
Turbo wrote:
kenneth18 wrote:

Miura SIT460 driver, sir? Question
U can hve it raw, middle-well or well done, sir! Laughing Laughing
Come on, bro Turbo! Wink

Bwahahaha ... Bro HK ... U are the man! The Richman! Laughing Me can't afford such luxury driver leh ... Embarassed

So you are now game with Miura driver? What shaft? So are you a 100% Miura convert? afro
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any advice for Taylormade R11J   Any advice for Taylormade R11J I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Any advice for Taylormade R11J
Page 1 of 1