Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Society of Singapore Golfers

Go down 
+9
hkhamateur
benhogan
paul@golf
neutralgolfer
vinjess
goGoffy
ken23
momo83
garylin
13 posters
AuthorMessage
garylin
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
garylin

Society of Singapore Golfers Empty
PostSubject: Society of Singapore Golfers   Society of Singapore Golfers I_icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 10:28 pm

Anyone know what are the benefits like which course have what discounts under the above association? Thanks in advance.
Back to top Go down
momo83
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
momo83

PostSubject: Re: Society of Singapore Golfers   Society of Singapore Golfers I_icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 12:49 am

Actually not much disc, they organise monthly games if I remember correctly.
If you need a handicap just need to attend a workshop with them n go for courtesy round.
Hope this helps!
Back to top Go down
ken23
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Society of Singapore Golfers   Society of Singapore Golfers I_icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 9:58 am

You can log in to their website @ http://www.singaporegolfers.org/ to find out more.
Back to top Go down
goGoffy
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Society of Singapore Golfers   Society of Singapore Golfers I_icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 12:30 pm

garylin wrote:
Anyone know what are the benefits like which course have what discounts under the above association? Thanks in advance.
They organize monthly game. Pay if you play. No monthly subscription, only yearly membership fee.
Back to top Go down
vinjess
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
vinjess

PostSubject: Re: Society of Singapore Golfers   Society of Singapore Golfers I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 9:19 pm

The maintaining of score also cheap right?
Back to top Go down
neutralgolfer
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
neutralgolfer

PostSubject: Re: Society of Singapore Golfers   Society of Singapore Golfers I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 10:53 am

Maintenance is cheapest in SG. $90 with membership. However you must join their monthly game quarterly to maintain your hcp. They are quite strict in their hcp maintenance and competitions. You don't see sandbaggers in their monthly medals. In a way, it's a good place for serious golfing and learning.

Nonetheless rate may increase next year due to increase price from SGA.
Back to top Go down
paul@golf
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
paul@golf

PostSubject: Re: Society of Singapore Golfers   Society of Singapore Golfers I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 12:47 pm

You will need a "Seconder" (extg SSG member) to be considered for membership too.....
Back to top Go down
benhogan
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Society of Singapore Golfers   Society of Singapore Golfers I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2014 11:22 pm

Please read the bye laws.

Must attend handicap workshop before handicap is allowed to be transferred to them. 
$35.
Failure to submit their scorecards WITHIN 3 weeks from the date of play; and/or Failure to participate AT LEAST 1 golf event in every quarter (either Monthly Medal or Annual/Quarterly Tournament) organised by the Society
Failure to comply with the above, the handicap index will be withdrawn or revoked by the Handicap & Rules Committee without any notice. 

Professionally managed IMHO.
Back to top Go down
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
hkhamateur

PostSubject: Re: Society of Singapore Golfers   Society of Singapore Golfers I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 12:50 pm

benhogan wrote:
Please read the bye laws.

Must attend handicap workshop before handicap is allowed to be transferred to them. 
$35.
Failure to submit their scorecards WITHIN 3 weeks from the date of play; and/or Failure to participate AT LEAST 1 golf event in every quarter (either Monthly Medal or Annual/Quarterly Tournament) organised by the Society
Failure to comply with the above, the handicap index will be withdrawn or revoked by the Handicap & Rules Committee without any notice. 

Professionally managed IMHO.

Agreed! cheers
Whether u re so-called high hcper bt had a all-in-one gd game w gd scores during any of their mthly game, the hcp system ll adjust accordingly. Wink
There re 12 mthly so how many can one escape, IMHO. Cool
Back to top Go down
bomby
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Society of Singapore Golfers   Society of Singapore Golfers I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 2:46 pm

I was a member before I sign p NSRCC... Well run and very professional. The president is a certified USGA Rules official.

You need a club to maintain HCP.. and a place to learn and participate in the competition.. its a great club to join. Note that you need to have a seconder. As for discount, not much.
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Society of Singapore Golfers   Society of Singapore Golfers I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 7:48 am

The president is a gentleman.....on and off course..... hope it helps.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
MPA
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Society of Singapore Golfers   Society of Singapore Golfers I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2014 12:51 am

bomby wrote:
I was a member before I sign p NSRCC... Well run and very professional. The president is a certified USGA Rules official.

You need a club to maintain HCP.. and a place to learn and participate in the competition.. its a great club to join. Note that you need to have a seconder. As for discount, not much.
What is a seconder? Sponsor?
Back to top Go down
jd8
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Society of Singapore Golfers   Society of Singapore Golfers I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2014 12:17 pm

When you apply to join, you need 2 existing members to support your application. Need to write their names down on the form.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Society of Singapore Golfers   Society of Singapore Golfers I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Society of Singapore Golfers
Page 1 of 1