Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Contacting Society of Singapore Golfers

Go down 
+11
jingwei
shorthitter
samT
cristel
DGman
Gray
etsk22
ydk
wolverine
fredc
escyb
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
escyb
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
escyb

Contacting Society of Singapore Golfers Empty
PostSubject: Contacting Society of Singapore Golfers   Contacting Society of Singapore Golfers I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 10:27 pm

Hi, can anyone shed light on contacting SSG? I emailed them a few times since a week ago but did not get any reply.

I am trying to find out the cost of getting a handicap from SSG. Any info is appreciated!!

Thanks!
Edwin
Back to top Go down
fredc
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
fredc

PostSubject: Re: Contacting Society of Singapore Golfers   Contacting Society of Singapore Golfers I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 10:49 pm

They are closed until 4 July. To get a HCP, you will need to become a member first. You then need to attend a Rules of Golf workshop and a Courtesy round (all in a weekend, conducted every quarter). I think you would not need to do the courtesy round if you have at least 5 scorecards in the last 3 mths.
Cost will be membership fee and the weekend workshop +courtesy round. Think all in should be under $200. You can check out their website for info
Back to top Go down
wolverine
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
wolverine

PostSubject: Re: Contacting Society of Singapore Golfers   Contacting Society of Singapore Golfers I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 1:24 am

Hi Edwin,

click on the link below and it will lead you to the membership page

http://www.singaporegolfers.org/membership.html

Cheers
Back to top Go down
ydk
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Contacting Society of Singapore Golfers   Contacting Society of Singapore Golfers I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 1:46 am

I'm interested in joining too. Have yet to get handicap.

What does Part 4 of the membership application form (name of proposer and name of seconder) mean?
Back to top Go down
wolverine
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
wolverine

PostSubject: Re: Contacting Society of Singapore Golfers   Contacting Society of Singapore Golfers I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 6:43 am

ydk wrote:
I'm interested in joining too. Have yet to get handicap.

What does Part 4 of the membership application form (name of proposer and name of seconder) mean?

Hi ydk,

You can leave Part 4 blank.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
etsk22
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
etsk22

PostSubject: Re: Contacting Society of Singapore Golfers   Contacting Society of Singapore Golfers I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 8:41 am

2-3 months back, I've sent them few emails enquiring abt the membership issues n requested for someone to contact me. There has been no response till date. I already gave up. The funny thing is, I can't seem to find any contact numbers except their postal n email address. Guess only mode of communication is via writing.
Back to top Go down
escyb
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
escyb

PostSubject: Re: Contacting Society of Singapore Golfers   Contacting Society of Singapore Golfers I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 12:50 am

etsk22 wrote:
2-3 months back, I've sent them few emails enquiring abt the membership issues n requested for someone to contact me. There has been no response till date. I already gave up. The funny thing is, I can't seem to find any contact numbers except their postal n email address. Guess only mode of communication is via writing.

Oh my...dun sound positive...I checked ard n they seem to be the most worthwhile. I hope they reply aft 4th July...
Back to top Go down
escyb
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
escyb

PostSubject: Re: Contacting Society of Singapore Golfers   Contacting Society of Singapore Golfers I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 12:51 am

Thanks everyone for the helpful info!
Back to top Go down
escyb
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
escyb

PostSubject: Re: Contacting Society of Singapore Golfers   Contacting Society of Singapore Golfers I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 12:09 pm

till now, after several tries..still no response from SSG. The contact form on their website keeps returning with errors. Think I'll give up. If they can't be bothered to reply to queries then no point in hanging ard waiting.

Wasted though.
Back to top Go down
Gray
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Gray

PostSubject: Re: Contacting Society of Singapore Golfers   Contacting Society of Singapore Golfers I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 5:21 pm

Ssg the last time i checked, are the cheapest in maintaining a handicap. However, the bad thing is that u are required to play at least 1 game every quarter in thier organized games else ur membership will be suspended.

For those who already have little time, we will want to spend the avail time to play with friends instead of the society members. Unless ur friends are all members of ssg too.
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Contacting Society of Singapore Golfers   Contacting Society of Singapore Golfers I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 10:38 pm

escyb wrote:
till now, after several tries..still no response from SSG. The contact form on their website keeps returning with errors. Think I'll give up. If they can't be bothered to reply to queries then no point in hanging ard waiting.

Wasted though.

let me know i have the tel of the president, Raymond.

do you still need the contact?

cheers...DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
cristel
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
cristel

PostSubject: Re: Contacting Society of Singapore Golfers   Contacting Society of Singapore Golfers I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 10:56 pm

Hmm, that means I am extremely lucky?

I emailed SSG on 1st July regarding the memberships and their handicap and i got a reply in 10 mins time from their President, Raymond Tan, telling me that they do not admit direct applicant without the referral of 2 existing members. And ask me to check out the other similar clubs in Singapore to see if I am interested.

Honestly, I was appalled by the reply. I have 2 referrals... Sad
Back to top Go down
samT
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
samT

PostSubject: Re: Contacting Society of Singapore Golfers   Contacting Society of Singapore Golfers I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 7:53 am

From what I know, SSG has reached membership quota. Hence, it may be difficult to apply for membership. But there are other "clubs" around to maintain handicaps for a small annual fee (100+). For those interested, just go to sga (www.sga.org.sg) and look at the list of associate member clubs. Hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
shorthitter
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
shorthitter

PostSubject: Re: Contacting Society of Singapore Golfers   Contacting Society of Singapore Golfers I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 12:24 pm

I PM'd the bloke asking the original question telling him I could help him with handicap, but he didn't reply me... The SSG virus I guess.

I go through Golf Allianze.
Back to top Go down
http://www.2telgolf.com
cristel
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
cristel

PostSubject: Re: Contacting Society of Singapore Golfers   Contacting Society of Singapore Golfers I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 6:29 pm

shorthitter wrote:
I PM'd the bloke asking the original question telling him I could help him with handicap, but he didn't reply me... The SSG virus I guess.

LOL Shorthitter... why never pm me Sad
Back to top Go down
shorthitter
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
shorthitter

PostSubject: Re: Contacting Society of Singapore Golfers   Contacting Society of Singapore Golfers I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 6:46 pm

cristel wrote:
shorthitter wrote:

LOL Shorthitter... why never pm me Sad

You want???? Beer
Back to top Go down
Gray
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Gray

PostSubject: Re: Contacting Society of Singapore Golfers   Contacting Society of Singapore Golfers I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 11:18 pm

cristel wrote:

I emailed SSG on 1st July regarding the memberships and their handicap and i got a reply in 10 mins time from their President, Raymond Tan, telling me that they do not admit direct applicant without the referral of 2 existing members. And ask me to check out the other similar clubs in Singapore to see if I am interested.

u include an attached pic of urself in the email rite? So he fast leg fast hand reply u lor
Back to top Go down
cristel
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
cristel

PostSubject: Re: Contacting Society of Singapore Golfers   Contacting Society of Singapore Golfers I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 11:20 pm

... very funny...

Neutral
Back to top Go down
escyb
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
escyb

PostSubject: Re: Contacting Society of Singapore Golfers   Contacting Society of Singapore Golfers I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 9:19 pm

DGman wrote:

let me know i have the tel of the president, Raymond.

do you still need the contact?

cheers...DGman

Hey DGman, yup the tel will be useful. Could you PM it to me. Still trying my luck to get in.

Thanks a bunch!
Back to top Go down
escyb
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
escyb

PostSubject: Re: Contacting Society of Singapore Golfers   Contacting Society of Singapore Golfers I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 9:21 pm

cristel wrote:

Yup..you are really lucky. My email bounced back several times and I even tried to contact the webmaster but no reply either.
Back to top Go down
escyb
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
escyb

PostSubject: Re: Contacting Society of Singapore Golfers   Contacting Society of Singapore Golfers I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 9:23 pm

shorthitter wrote:

U mean you have send a PM to me previously? Could you send it again as I didn't get it. Any difference between Golf Allianze & SSG

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
jingwei
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Contacting Society of Singapore Golfers   Contacting Society of Singapore Golfers I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 10:37 pm

Sorry,but what does this society do? Newbie asking...
Back to top Go down
cristel
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
cristel

PostSubject: Re: Contacting Society of Singapore Golfers   Contacting Society of Singapore Golfers I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 10:40 pm

Jingwei, SSG is a society for golfers in Singapore. U might want to check their website and read yourself!
Back to top Go down
jtek
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Contacting Society of Singapore Golfers   Contacting Society of Singapore Golfers I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 11:10 pm

Hi Guys Try this:

http://www.golfers.com.sg/tab/37883p11/handicap.ikloo

I got mine HCP in less than 2 weeks... but bcos i'm lucky that the tester is free during then...
Back to top Go down
shorthitter
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
shorthitter

PostSubject: Re: Contacting Society of Singapore Golfers   Contacting Society of Singapore Golfers I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 10:49 am

escyb wrote:
shorthitter wrote:

U mean you have send a PM to me previously? Could you send it again as I didn't get it. Any difference between Golf Allianze & SSG

Thanks.

I am having trouble PM'ing you, it wont go through. Can you PM me your email address plz.

The only real difference I guess is GA does not require you to play the monthly games. There is a monthly medal but you are not penailized if you dont play.

There are more benifits if you can PM me I can help you out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Contacting Society of Singapore Golfers   Contacting Society of Singapore Golfers I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Contacting Society of Singapore Golfers
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next