Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Putter grips to recommend?

Go down 
+14
DGman
mtheseira
Jliang
Pizzaman
Quest
hkhamateur
simoner
asahi
kamen
TK
enwee
Botak88
youming
garylin
18 posters
AuthorMessage
garylin
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
garylin

Putter grips to recommend? Empty
PostSubject: Putter grips to recommend?   Putter grips to recommend? I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 3:21 pm

Hi fellow bros,

I just got a new putter but the grip on it is a winn grip which is really slippery when wet (put on the ground with a bit of morning dew CMI already)

Would like to seek some advice/inputs from the bros around here on what putter grip is good? Thinking of the following:

1) Gripmaster stitchback
2) Super stroke
3) Pure/Golf pride standard putter grip

any to recommend??
Back to top Go down
youming
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Putter grips to recommend?   Putter grips to recommend? I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 3:53 pm

I have changed my puter grip to Super Stroke, it makes putting more easy. I like it.

YM
Back to top Go down
Botak88
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Putter grips to recommend?   Putter grips to recommend? I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 3:59 pm

my vote goes to;

no 2, super stroke

Superman
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: Putter grips to recommend?   Putter grips to recommend? I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 4:25 pm

Must go to a fitter and try lah, see which one is comfortable to you.
Back to top Go down
TK
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
TK

PostSubject: Re: Putter grips to recommend?   Putter grips to recommend? I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 5:19 pm

when i changed my putter grip at vinc golf at FESC, he had a whole range of grips physically on shafts for you to try. quite helpful!
Back to top Go down
kamen
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
kamen

PostSubject: Re: Putter grips to recommend?   Putter grips to recommend? I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 5:30 pm

Old school but I still prefer tour wraps.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/spcasingapore
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Putter grips to recommend?   Putter grips to recommend? I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 6:30 pm

Try iomic!

Nice colours to boot!
Back to top Go down
simoner
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
simoner

PostSubject: Re: Putter grips to recommend?   Putter grips to recommend? I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 8:11 pm

When it comes to putter and putter grips, DGMan gives the best advice. My recommendation is to head down to The Den and have a chat with him.

I swapped my Super Stroke to the Loudmouth mid-size about a month ago when I was there.

Disclaimer: The Den is a very "poisonous" place.
Back to top Go down
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
hkhamateur

PostSubject: Re: Putter grips to recommend?   Putter grips to recommend? I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 8:26 pm

Again, putter re very personal. Wink
There were many brands in many design to pick fm and u ll love most lor! Laughing
The grip feel ie: thickness sz, contour, design etc.. n the putter head wgt re crucial. Cool
I agreed w bro Simoner tat u gotta try it out and at any of yr preferred fitter fr tat right feel! I love you
Back to top Go down
garylin
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
garylin

PostSubject: Re: Putter grips to recommend?   Putter grips to recommend? I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 8:40 pm

thanks guys, will go try it this week.

problem is that usually at the shops, conditions are good and the grip doesnt get wet easily. Some grips get really slippery when wet so just wanna seek some feedback from you guys Smile

Last edited by garylin on Sun May 05, 2013 11:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Quest
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Quest

PostSubject: Re: Putter grips to recommend?   Putter grips to recommend? I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 10:30 pm

My friend has a red Gripmaster & he complained that the colour runs when wet. We were playing in light drizzle & his gloves turned red as well. Not sure about it being slippery when wet tho.
Back to top Go down
Pizzaman
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Pizzaman

PostSubject: Re: Putter grips to recommend?   Putter grips to recommend? I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 10:33 pm

I had a green gripmaster stitchback and the colour didn't came off when wet … It's the prettiest grip in my opinion ...
Back to top Go down
Jliang
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Putter grips to recommend?   Putter grips to recommend? I_icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 9:46 am

I am playing a blue gripmaster.. colour didn't run when wet or drizzling. love the feel of the leather.. didn't feel it slipping when it is wet though.

definitely worth the extra money for a gripmaster.
Back to top Go down
garylin
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
garylin

PostSubject: Re: Putter grips to recommend?   Putter grips to recommend? I_icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 7:17 pm

do you all know where to find gripmaster grips? made a few calls but to no avail...
Back to top Go down
mtheseira
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Putter grips to recommend?   Putter grips to recommend? I_icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 11:13 pm

can find gripmaster at greenfield fesc.
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Putter grips to recommend?   Putter grips to recommend? I_icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 9:31 am

the prettiest grip is the snake skin grip master....i think we still have them in jade green, pink and maybe an aqua blue......with that, cannot complain its slippery unless its a live snake.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: Putter grips to recommend?   Putter grips to recommend? I_icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 7:01 pm

If you are a fan of big grips, you can also try loudmouth grips at bfg. They are nice. The colors are super obiang. ...
Back to top Go down
hillgreen
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
hillgreen

PostSubject: Re: Putter grips to recommend?   Putter grips to recommend? I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 8:39 am

Had a gripmaster leather type, the smoothness of it is good but i foind that it turns wet easily and faster when i have the putter on ground ( esp when u carry it around the green) . Difficult to dry it... didnt like it and later change it...

Iomic putter grip is nice and better than std putter grip imo..

Back to top Go down
bogeyman72
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
bogeyman72

PostSubject: Re: Putter grips to recommend?   Putter grips to recommend? I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 2:39 pm

Boss,

U back in town next week?

Need to drop by to re-grip my scotty...... den send to 冷宫

Embarassed

DGman wrote:
the prettiest grip is the snake skin grip master....i think we still have them in jade green, pink and maybe an aqua blue......with that, cannot complain its slippery unless its a live snake.
Back to top Go down
diveheck
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Putter grips to recommend?   Putter grips to recommend? I_icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 1:39 am

well... you can also try the basic thin PING grip... loved it.. non slippery at all and u get full feel of the putting..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Putter grips to recommend?   Putter grips to recommend? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Putter grips to recommend?
Page 1 of 1