Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Changing from PING Rapture V2 to G25 full set

Go down 
+9
bryanachong
jason.koh.54966
shamusan
Technospaz
audi
Begbie
andrew-golf
haragolfer
Lear88
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Lear88
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Changing from PING Rapture V2 to G25 full set Empty
PostSubject: Changing from PING Rapture V2 to G25 full set   Changing from PING Rapture V2 to G25 full set I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 2:36 pm

Hi,

I saw the new PING G25 set in the shop yesterday and are now really tempted to go for it. I currently have Rapture V2s with a graphite shaft and wanted to shift to a steel shaft anyway.

The shop has made me a good offer for a full set, but I am not sure whether this is money wasted.

I am a mediocre golfer that plays for fun only, but love the sport. Has anyone ever made that switch?

Any recommendations?

Cheers, Alex
Back to top Go down
haragolfer
Caddy
Caddy
haragolfer

PostSubject: Re: Changing from PING Rapture V2 to G25 full set   Changing from PING Rapture V2 to G25 full set I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 5:56 pm

Dont bother. All pings perform and feel about the same. Albeit the looks are updated. If you have to start on this route. Have fun trying out the other makes and our local bfg irons. Reviews are all over the net.
Back to top Go down
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
andrew-golf

PostSubject: Re: Changing from PING Rapture V2 to G25 full set   Changing from PING Rapture V2 to G25 full set I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 6:41 pm

Alex

Try going for demo days to try n feel other clubs

Will be fun!
Back to top Go down
Begbie
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Changing from PING Rapture V2 to G25 full set   Changing from PING Rapture V2 to G25 full set I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 7:48 pm

You may consider trying the boutique japanese brands.. Especially the irons.. U may just be pleasantly surprised..
Back to top Go down
Lear88
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Changing from PING Rapture V2 to G25 full set   Changing from PING Rapture V2 to G25 full set I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 8:32 pm

Hi,

Thanks for your replies. I went to the same shop again and played about 50 balls with a 7 iron and the driver. The irons with a regular steel shaft were very good, gave me slightly more distance, although I can tell that the concentrated weight of the V2's around the sole is a very good feature. Coming from a stiff graphit shaft I feel that the extra weight made it easier to get the club speed up.

I am now set on switching to steel shafts, but reading some of your replies this is going to be an interesting time. I will definitely try some Japanese brands and also like the look of the new Callaways. I do like Pings because of their easy custom fit, but lets see what's out there.

Cheers, Alex
Back to top Go down
audi
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
audi

PostSubject: Re: Changing from PING Rapture V2 to G25 full set   Changing from PING Rapture V2 to G25 full set I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 11:32 pm

many jap boutique brands actually. dare to be different and try it out and see if you like it.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Changing from PING Rapture V2 to G25 full set   Changing from PING Rapture V2 to G25 full set I_icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 7:31 am

I say go for it. Part of the fun of golfing (well, most of it for me) is equipment and if it keeps you wanting to play better, then don't hold back Smile
Back to top Go down
shamusan
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
shamusan

PostSubject: Re: Changing from PING Rapture V2 to G25 full set   Changing from PING Rapture V2 to G25 full set I_icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 8:57 am

honestly, i'd say you should just go for it...

the ping g25 is as good a set as you'll find... forgiving, long lasting and easy to use...

the jap brands are over rated and over priced in my opinion and i've tried almost everyone of them...
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Changing from PING Rapture V2 to G25 full set   Changing from PING Rapture V2 to G25 full set I_icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 9:04 am

shamusan wrote:
honestly, i'd say you should just go for it...

the ping g25 is as good a set as you'll find... forgiving, long lasting and easy to use...

the jap brands are over rated and over priced in my opinion and i've tried almost everyone of them...

Which ones haven't you tried, Sham? Smile You even get your hands on the prototypes and demo sets... Smile
Back to top Go down
shamusan
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
shamusan

PostSubject: Re: Changing from PING Rapture V2 to G25 full set   Changing from PING Rapture V2 to G25 full set I_icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 9:25 am

haha... i've yet to try the honma 100k gold set..
Back to top Go down
jason.koh.54966
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
jason.koh.54966

PostSubject: Re: Changing from PING Rapture V2 to G25 full set   Changing from PING Rapture V2 to G25 full set I_icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 9:35 am

Bro Lear88, may I know where did you try the G25, what's the price for the iron set?
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Changing from PING Rapture V2 to G25 full set   Changing from PING Rapture V2 to G25 full set I_icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 9:50 am

shamusan wrote:
haha... i've yet to try the honma 100k gold set..

I like how you used the word "yet" Smile
Back to top Go down
Lear88
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Changing from PING Rapture V2 to G25 full set   Changing from PING Rapture V2 to G25 full set I_icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 11:31 am

Hi, there is a new PING outlet at Champoins Golf (formerly fairway views or something like that) and they basi offered 20% off.

Any ideas where I can get some good money for my current clubs?

Cheers, Alex
Back to top Go down
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
andrew-golf

PostSubject: Re: Changing from PING Rapture V2 to G25 full set   Changing from PING Rapture V2 to G25 full set I_icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 11:34 am

Lear88 wrote:
Hi, there is a new PING outlet at Champoins Golf (formerly fairway views or something like that) and they basi offered 20% off.

Cheers, Alex

Hi Lear

I respect u for starting a very good quality thread and not trying to clock posts to sell things here.

U can try selling at creative golf at Kreta Ayer

Or greenfield at Far East sc

They do consignment selling for u for a small fee
Back to top Go down
bryanachong
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
bryanachong

PostSubject: Re: Changing from PING Rapture V2 to G25 full set   Changing from PING Rapture V2 to G25 full set I_icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 11:40 am

Lear88 wrote:

Cheers, Alex

New Ping outlet? By wizgolf? If not you can find Ty at Punggol Ping outlet he can help you out technically with the G25s

Good buy in my opinion , no regrets!

Cheers
Back to top Go down
Lear88
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Changing from PING Rapture V2 to G25 full set   Changing from PING Rapture V2 to G25 full set I_icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 11:52 am

Hi,

Frankly speaking, I understand the 50 post rule for the Marketplace, as forums live off discussions. My problem is only that I cannot bring myself to having two sets of Pings sitting at home, which is why I asked the question about selling. I hope I didn't offend anyone.

I will try some more clubs tonight and I am just now getting into the whole Asian vs. US spec issue. Good-bye work day...

Cheers, Alex
Back to top Go down
jason.koh.54966
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
jason.koh.54966

PostSubject: Re: Changing from PING Rapture V2 to G25 full set   Changing from PING Rapture V2 to G25 full set I_icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 2:29 pm

So did you end up with the G25 set? I'm also looking at another iron set, initially was looking into BFG in-house set but for a newbie like me, maybe cannot handle... so far I read all pretty positive reviews on the G25..Understand for Ping, they do fittings, does it inclusive adjusting the lie or only the length of the shaft?
Back to top Go down
Lear88
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Changing from PING Rapture V2 to G25 full set   Changing from PING Rapture V2 to G25 full set I_icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 3:52 pm

Hi,

Yes, Pings are customised for grip thickness, shaft flex and length and lie angle.

I have tried a very large number of clubs in the last two weeks and found the Ping G25 suited me best. Slightly different feel to the Raptures but the steel shaft is definitely giving me a better swing speed.

I haven't made the switch yet as I have to get rid of my existing set first.
Back to top Go down
rayeonsg
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Changing from PING Rapture V2 to G25 full set   Changing from PING Rapture V2 to G25 full set I_icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 3:57 pm

Hi Lear,
Got my half set G20 irons from TY late last year, nice chap who took time to fit me out at Ping shop inside Punggol driving range.

If you are staying in the north east, you could check him out.
Back to top Go down
Quest
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Quest

PostSubject: Re: Changing from PING Rapture V2 to G25 full set   Changing from PING Rapture V2 to G25 full set I_icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 3:58 pm

jason.koh.54966 wrote:
...Understand for Ping, they do fittings, does it inclusive adjusting the lie or only the length of the shaft?

Of course they do, any fitter worth their salt would do that. Nothing less expected, especially from Ping.

Just to share, I've seen quite a few fitting sessions and tried a couple before. One of my main takeaways is that the one getting fitted must be honest with his shots and skill. The sales part will always come in to psycho towards a certain brand/model, but the one getting fitted must know what his game needs.

Game-improvement, player's iron.... know your game first and what one needs. Or else the fitting can become an expensive exercise and frustrating time on the course.

Last edited by Quest on Mon May 20, 2013 4:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lear88
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Changing from PING Rapture V2 to G25 full set   Changing from PING Rapture V2 to G25 full set I_icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 4:16 pm

I can definitely confirm that. I had several clubs in my hands that were beautiful to look at but way over my head in terms of ability. The new forged Ping Ansers are a good example, love to have them but it would be a disaster on my score.
Back to top Go down
weesern
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
weesern

PostSubject: Re: Changing from PING Rapture V2 to G25 full set   Changing from PING Rapture V2 to G25 full set I_icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 4:23 pm

Are the Anser that difficult to hit?
Back to top Go down
Lear88
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Changing from PING Rapture V2 to G25 full set   Changing from PING Rapture V2 to G25 full set I_icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 4:44 pm

Not overly difficult, but you really have to have a consistent swing to get the full benefits from this expensive set. For me, I got more consistent shots from the G25s. They are beautifully made though...

Best regards, Alex
Back to top Go down
Quest
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Quest

PostSubject: Re: Changing from PING Rapture V2 to G25 full set   Changing from PING Rapture V2 to G25 full set I_icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 4:59 pm

weesern wrote:
Are the Anser that difficult to hit?

Difficult to answer. It will depend on one's skill level. Haven't hit the Anser but have tried the I20 before. Smaller head, requires a more consistent swing to get the most out of it. Should be similar I think. Probably both irons would be classified as player's irons.
Back to top Go down
Lear88
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Changing from PING Rapture V2 to G25 full set   Changing from PING Rapture V2 to G25 full set I_icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 5:08 pm

Hi rayeonsg

Thanks for the tip with the Ping shop at Punggol. I will give them a try. May I ask how long it took you to get the clubs delivered?

Best regards, Alex
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Changing from PING Rapture V2 to G25 full set   Changing from PING Rapture V2 to G25 full set I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Changing from PING Rapture V2 to G25 full set
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next