Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Who will beat Jack's major records?

Go down 
+3
Daztasiumz
asahi
Duval_S
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

Who will beat Jack's major records? Empty
PostSubject: Who will beat Jack's major records?   Who will beat Jack's major records? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 12:38 am

saw this posting on a golf site.......

Stevie or Tiger???

by the looks of things.....I think Stevie...
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Who will beat Jack's major records?   Who will beat Jack's major records? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 5:29 am

Share the link lah, D.
Back to top Go down
Daztasiumz
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Daztasiumz

PostSubject: Re: Who will beat Jack's major records?   Who will beat Jack's major records? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 11:28 am

Think the link is from golf channel
Back to top Go down
Daztasiumz
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Daztasiumz

PostSubject: Re: Who will beat Jack's major records?   Who will beat Jack's major records? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 11:39 am

On a side note.

Steve Williams might just caddie for another year?

By Randall Mell
Apr 15, 2013, 8:30 PM GMT+08:00 155
Caddie: Scott's winning putt highlight of my career

AUGUSTA, Ga. – Caddie Steve Williams reveled Sunday in helping Adam Scott become the first Australian to win the Masters.

While Scott made the winning putt, a 12-footer at No. 10 in the playoff, he credited Williams for the critical read.

“I could hardly see the green, he was my eyes on the putt,” Scott said.

Scott knew the putt broke right to left, but thought the break was about the width of a cup. Williams told him it broke more than he thought; that it would break at least two cups.

“The winning putt might be the highlight of my career, because he asked me to read it,” Williams told The Associated Press.

Williams hails from Down Under, too, from New Zealand. He was on Tiger Woods’ bag when Woods won three of his four Masters titles. He was a former caddie to Greg Norman. He also caddied for Australians Peter Thomson and Ian Baker-Finch. He knew the Aussie frustration in majors better than most.

“To caddie for a friend for his first major is pretty special,” Williams told PGATour.com. “To have the opportunity to caddie for the first Australian to win the Masters; I’m just so fortunate. I don’t have words.”

Williams caddied for Woods on 13 of Woods’ 14 major championship triumphs. He was fired in 2011 after intending to only temporarily pick up Scott’s bag while Woods recovered from injury. When Scott won the WGC-Bridgestone that year, Williams called it the “best win I’ve ever had,” an obvious dig at Woods. Williams later apologized.

Williams, 49, told PGATour.com he might only caddie one more year.

“At some point in the near future, my career is going to come to an end,” Williams said. “I have a family. I’ve caddied since I was 15 years old. That's a long time.

Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Who will beat Jack's major records?   Who will beat Jack's major records? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 1:25 pm

No doubt about it, Stevie is one of the World's best caddies ... In fact he is more than just a caddy ... He is like a Right Hand man to the golfer whom he is carrying the bag for ... Good job, Stevie! I believe TW may miss you as no one was there to remind him that he has dropped his ball two yards further behind ... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
nutty88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
nutty88

PostSubject: Re: Who will beat Jack's major records?   Who will beat Jack's major records? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 2:12 pm

Turbo wrote:
No doubt about it, Stevie is one of the World's best caddies ... In fact he is more than just a caddy ... He is like a Right Hand man to the golfer whom he is carrying the bag for ... Good job, Stevie! I believe TW may miss you as no one was there to remind him that he has dropped his ball two yards further behind ... Very Happy

LIKE... for that, Tiger should fire his current caddie.
Back to top Go down
benedictteo83
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
benedictteo83

PostSubject: Re: Who will beat Jack's major records?   Who will beat Jack's major records? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 5:13 pm

learn a lesson, golfing sometimes is not really a solo game.
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: Who will beat Jack's major records?   Who will beat Jack's major records? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 6:50 pm

Turbo wrote:

I think TW didn't drop his ball 2 yards further back after the revisit with the cameraman. It was quite close to where his ball was before he hit the first shot. It's his goof for saying it. And I think he said it out of honesty. For that I salute TW.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who will beat Jack's major records?   Who will beat Jack's major records? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who will beat Jack's major records?
Page 1 of 1