Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Club head release problem:Rythem , strength or club?

Go down 
+12
Turbo
skybobo
pocketace
costajos
aero66
battousai
keithlim
jhan18
Quest
eiji
scottycollector
lionwoods
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
pravnash
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Club head release problem:Rythem , strength or club? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Club head release problem:Rythem , strength or club?   Club head release problem:Rythem , strength or club? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 9:22 pm

jhan18 wrote:
lionwoods wrote:
jhan18 wrote:
Hi lionwoods.

4 factors that contribute to ballflight
1. Club face at impact
2. Centredness of strike
3. Swing Plane
4. Angle of attack

Most golfers understand that a slice derives from an open club face at impact, which you have correctly explained.
However most do not know the relationship between the 4 factors. For example. A most common slicer of a ball would have:
1. Club face open to target
2. Strike the ball off the heel
3 &4 outside in plane coupled with the downward descend of the club head onto the ball.!

Now we can all see point 1,2,3 on video analysis and only 4 on a launch monitor.

I suggest the following:
1. Seek help from a professional club fitter. He will better your understanding of the those 4 factors and in the case for some, help restructure the concept of your golf swing. DGMan and ivangolffitting are expert club fitters on the forum. I'm sure they would be more than happy to assist you.
2. Seek help from a golf professional who has access to a launch monitor. Our professionals at Laguna are fortunate enough to have our students hit shots with the aid of one thanks to Torque golf's kind assistance and professional help.

Cheers
Very interesting, however laguna is too far for me. can not make it regular. is there "swing clinic" kind of training available?

I'll be conducting a clinic near the end of the month. You are most welcome to come

Hi

Do you know where the clinic is going to be ?

Thanks
Back to top Go down
battousai
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Club head release problem:Rythem , strength or club?   Club head release problem:Rythem , strength or club? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 12:21 am

pocketace wrote:

Recently this similar question was raise by my mate. The rhetorical response i heard from the coach was, (for a right hander) why use the 'gay' (left) hand when instinctively the right hand has more power?

The beauty of it is, these are different view points different school of thoughts
Adopt whichever works best for you. No one size fits all, don't over complicate it

@Lionwoods,
I total agree with pocketace!!! Regardless if you are a hitter or swinger, the basic fundamental (in golf) should be the same i.e. setup, ball positioning etc. One school of thought says that golf swing should be natural i.e. Moe Norman.. (Read about his story and you'll understand what i mean), while some factions do not agree with it. We all have different physiques, some are flexible while most are not. Yes, adopt whichever works for you and once you are fixed on the type of swing that's best suited for you, don't allow anyone to say that it's no good :-)

P.S.-> Once in a while, you'll need to go back to your coach to ensure what you working on has been right so far. This way, you don't develop some "bad habit" that will take ages to get rid off... hehe..

Good luck! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
olat848
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
olat848

PostSubject: Re: Club head release problem:Rythem , strength or club?   Club head release problem:Rythem , strength or club? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 5:36 pm

jhan18 wrote:
lionwoods wrote:
jhan18 wrote:
Hi lionwoods.

4 factors that contribute to ballflight
1. Club face at impact
2. Centredness of strike
3. Swing Plane
4. Angle of attack

Most golfers understand that a slice derives from an open club face at impact, which you have correctly explained.
However most do not know the relationship between the 4 factors. For example. A most common slicer of a ball would have:
1. Club face open to target
2. Strike the ball off the heel
3 &4 outside in plane coupled with the downward descend of the club head onto the ball.!

Now we can all see point 1,2,3 on video analysis and only 4 on a launch monitor.

I suggest the following:
1. Seek help from a professional club fitter. He will better your understanding of the those 4 factors and in the case for some, help restructure the concept of your golf swing. DGMan and ivangolffitting are expert club fitters on the forum. I'm sure they would be more than happy to assist you.
2. Seek help from a golf professional who has access to a launch monitor. Our professionals at Laguna are fortunate enough to have our students hit shots with the aid of one thanks to Torque golf's kind assistance and professional help.

Cheers
Very interesting, however laguna is too far for me. can not make it regular. is there "swing clinic" kind of training available?

I'll be conducting a clinic near the end of the month. You are most welcome to come

Hey jhan18, when would you be conducting the clinic? can PM me the details. I am interested to attend......
Back to top Go down
jhan18
Playing Professional
Playing Professional
jhan18

PostSubject: Re: Club head release problem:Rythem , strength or club?   Club head release problem:Rythem , strength or club? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 8:02 pm

http://www.golfrepublic.org/t20070p120-ssn-alternative#369498 for the clinic guys!
Back to top Go down
essentiale
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Club head release problem:Rythem , strength or club?   Club head release problem:Rythem , strength or club? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 1:25 am

Proper instruction is essential to ride the slice and learn to swing With an In-out path, that's the only way to generate most power to get distance
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Club head release problem:Rythem , strength or club?   Club head release problem:Rythem , strength or club? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Club head release problem:Rythem , strength or club?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2