Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

club head lie

Go down 
+3
DGman
BabyCroc
Winston
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Winston
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Winston

club head lie Empty
PostSubject: club head lie   club head lie I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 11:06 pm

sorry for the noob question....but would like to check on one thing. ALl things being equal...if the lie of the club is too upright (toe does not touch the ground on setup) will it cause snap hooks????
Back to top Go down
BabyCroc
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
BabyCroc

club head lie Empty
PostSubject: Re: club head lie   club head lie I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 11:29 pm

It should have a tendency to bro.. If im not wrong. I experience that at times cos my irons are ard 2 deg upright. If you accidentally pull it more, it does snap-hook.
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

club head lie Empty
PostSubject: Re: club head lie   club head lie I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 11:50 pm

too upright...result is a pull or hook. you are hitting off the heel of the club.

too flat...result is a slice or push, you are hitting off the toe of the club.

but where it impacts on the club face can be due to other reasons such as your swing path, angle of attach, gripping, ball position.

DGman

you avatars are giving me a irregular heartbeat...but i cannot say i don't like it. that will be too pretentious on my part.

Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
Winston
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Winston

club head lie Empty
PostSubject: Re: club head lie   club head lie I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 11:56 pm

DGman wrote:
too upright...result is a pull or hook. you are hitting off the heel of the club.

too flat...result is a slice or push, you are hitting off the toe of the club.

but where it impacts on the club face can be due to other reasons such as your swing path, angle of attach, gripping, ball position.

DGman

you avatars are giving me a irregular heartbeat...but i cannot say i don't like it. that will be too pretentious on my part.

Thanks... would it right to say that it would be almost impossible to hit the sweet spot if the club heads are too upright. Considering that swing path etc etc are all techincally "correct"?
Back to top Go down
TourSwing
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TourSwing

club head lie Empty
PostSubject: Re: club head lie   club head lie I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 12:10 am

Sweet spot alright .. Winston you have outdone yourself! Beer
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

club head lie Empty
PostSubject: Re: club head lie   club head lie I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 12:28 am

you can still hit the sweet spot with the wrong lie angle. there was a case study about a very accomplished golfer who can hit the 5 in the 150 yards marker when asked to do so

his impact is always on the toe, consistently. his ball flight is straight as an arrow.

in this case, do we change his lie angle. well they have and the ball goes way off after that.

its rare but its possible. hence in adjusting the lie, its important to see where the ball is going and not just rely on the readings on the sole.

Winston in your case, you may have adjusted the ball position or swing path to compensate for the lie angle.

DGman
Back to top Go down
Winston
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Winston

club head lie Empty
PostSubject: Re: club head lie   club head lie I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 12:45 am

DGman wrote:
you can still hit the sweet spot with the wrong lie angle. there was a case study about a very accomplished golfer who can hit the 5 in the 150 yards marker when asked to do so

his impact is always on the toe, consistently. his ball flight is straight as an arrow.

in this case, do we change his lie angle. well they have and the ball goes way off after that.

its rare but its possible. hence in adjusting the lie, its important to see where the ball is going and not just rely on the readings on the sole.

Winston in your case, you may have adjusted the ball position or swing path to compensate for the lie angle.

DGman

Once again thanks alot for the info.....will definatly pay you a visit soon when time permits...
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

club head lie Empty
PostSubject: Re: club head lie   club head lie I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 8:35 am

i hope you bring your avatars....and not the digital files hor.

CU soon
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

club head lie Empty
PostSubject: Re: club head lie   club head lie I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 8:43 am

Good to know that club face at setup may not be clubface at impact. Easiest way to check is to stick a tape below the club and hit. Then u can see. And mat may be different from turf.
Back to top Go down
alvin7379
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
alvin7379

club head lie Empty
PostSubject: Re: club head lie   club head lie I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 8:48 am

nose bleeding question.... my take is.... ermm....

what was the question again? Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.visualtech.com.sg
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

club head lie Empty
PostSubject: Re: club head lie   club head lie I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 8:55 am

alvin looks like you need to visit silicon valley soon.....
Back to top Go down
Winston
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Winston

club head lie Empty
PostSubject: Re: club head lie   club head lie I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 11:17 am

DGman wrote:
i hope you bring your avatars....and not the digital files hor.

CU soon

That one is not economicaly viable. It would be better if you come up. And I bring you to a place very near your old work place that will blow your mind.....
Back to top Go down
Denmeister
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Denmeister

club head lie Empty
PostSubject: Re: club head lie   club head lie I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 2:40 pm

Hi DGman,

So if I am understanding correctly, I can make adjustments to the lie to straighten out my pulls a little bit?
Back to top Go down
Winston
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Winston

club head lie Empty
PostSubject: Re: club head lie   club head lie I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 4:18 pm

Denmeister wrote:
Hi DGman,

So if I am understanding correctly, I can make adjustments to the lie to straighten out my pulls a little bit?

I guess that all things being equal with sound fundamentals that are consistent, less upright would solve the problem...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

club head lie Empty
PostSubject: Re: club head lie   club head lie I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

club head lie
Page 1 of 1