Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How Casual is Ernie Els in Chiang Mai?

Go down 
+8
chien
Joshua
simoner
DGman
Fronzenre
enwee
zakevich
9points
12 posters
AuthorMessage
9points
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
9points

How Casual is Ernie Els in Chiang Mai? Empty
PostSubject: How Casual is Ernie Els in Chiang Mai?   How Casual is Ernie Els in Chiang Mai? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 8:32 pm

How Casual is Ernie Els in Chiang Mai? Ernie_11

Oh my...how casual is that footwear? Does that look like Air Jordan or something? Wowww...
Back to top Go down
zakevich
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
zakevich

PostSubject: Re: How Casual is Ernie Els in Chiang Mai?   How Casual is Ernie Els in Chiang Mai? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 9:09 pm

That is definitely a air jordan logo.
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: How Casual is Ernie Els in Chiang Mai?   How Casual is Ernie Els in Chiang Mai? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 9:32 pm

Does air jordan do golf shoes?
Back to top Go down
Fronzenre
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: How Casual is Ernie Els in Chiang Mai?   How Casual is Ernie Els in Chiang Mai? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 11:06 pm

wouldn't that affect his stability?!?! looks like a pair of running shoes
Back to top Go down
zakevich
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
zakevich

PostSubject: Re: How Casual is Ernie Els in Chiang Mai?   How Casual is Ernie Els in Chiang Mai? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 11:18 pm

I know michael jordan and charles barkey plays golf. There are some news online talking about brand air jordan golf.
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: How Casual is Ernie Els in Chiang Mai?   How Casual is Ernie Els in Chiang Mai? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 11:20 pm

Ernie lost his entire bag and we had to built a set of clubs just in time for him...

i bet his shoes are nowhere to be found and it will be tough to get his size in time.

hope it helps...the man is a pro and he never complain or say anything nasty.

he even come by to thank everyone at the tour support area.....class

DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
9points
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
9points

PostSubject: Re: How Casual is Ernie Els in Chiang Mai?   How Casual is Ernie Els in Chiang Mai? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 11:53 pm

DGman wrote:
Ernie lost his entire bag and we had to built a set of clubs just in time for him...

i bet his shoes are nowhere to be found and it will be tough to get his size in time.

DGman

I guess for many, the bag of 2012 Open Champion is definitely worth stealing...

Tour support to the rescue...hope Ernie wins it this week and give him a big momentum boost for Augusta...Smile
Back to top Go down
simoner
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
simoner

PostSubject: Re: How Casual is Ernie Els in Chiang Mai?   How Casual is Ernie Els in Chiang Mai? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 7:33 am

DGman wrote:

DGman

Kudos to the Els-man!

With an entire new set of clubs & no golf shoes, he's still in the hunt with a 1st round of 69
Back to top Go down
Joshua
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Joshua

PostSubject: Re: How Casual is Ernie Els in Chiang Mai?   How Casual is Ernie Els in Chiang Mai? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 7:42 am

Go Ernie !!!
Back to top Go down
chien
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chien

PostSubject: Re: How Casual is Ernie Els in Chiang Mai?   How Casual is Ernie Els in Chiang Mai? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 4:14 pm

Just watching round 2 and saw Ernie still wearing Michael Jordan.

Where's his sponsor man???? Is anybody bringing him a new pair, for a Champ like he ?
Back to top Go down
9points
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
9points

PostSubject: Re: How Casual is Ernie Els in Chiang Mai?   How Casual is Ernie Els in Chiang Mai? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 4:18 pm

Like what DGman had said, it is going to be quite a challenge to have ready stock for his shoe size in thailand. I suppose he will just get thru comfortably with the air jordan for this week...
Back to top Go down
chien
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chien

PostSubject: Re: How Casual is Ernie Els in Chiang Mai?   How Casual is Ernie Els in Chiang Mai? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 4:46 pm

9points wrote:
Like what DGman had said, it is going to be quite a challenge to have ready stock for his shoe size in thailand. I suppose he will just get thru comfortably with the air jordan for this week...

Thanks for the rhetorical statement..

I don't think he lost his bag only yesterday.. I believe it was few days ago... Won't that give the sponsor some time to fly down there with a couple of pairs....? I would do it personally if I'm the sponsor... Imagine the impact it would make on the brand among the players....

cheers
Back to top Go down
9points
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
9points

PostSubject: Re: How Casual is Ernie Els in Chiang Mai?   How Casual is Ernie Els in Chiang Mai? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 5:00 pm

Thanks for the rhetorical statement..

I don't think he lost his bag only yesterday.. I believe it was few days ago... Won't that give the sponsor some time to fly down there with a couple of pairs....? I would do it personally if I'm the sponsor... Imagine the impact it would make on the brand among the players....

cheers [/quote]

Agree with you bro. It should have been more than enough time for del mar or fj icon flown in for him...

Behind the scene, we wouldnt have any clues whats happening...
Back to top Go down
Roystonnn
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: How Casual is Ernie Els in Chiang Mai?   How Casual is Ernie Els in Chiang Mai? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 5:39 pm

His foot is that big?
Singapore store should have big shoes la..
I always see those big sized shoes left over, during big sales!!
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: How Casual is Ernie Els in Chiang Mai?   How Casual is Ernie Els in Chiang Mai? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 8:17 pm

Well at least he did not withdraw due to lost of shoes, unlike the toothache guy....well done ernie
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: How Casual is Ernie Els in Chiang Mai?   How Casual is Ernie Els in Chiang Mai? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 10:00 am

here's Ernie makeshift set of irons....he has to switched to a short putter this week and you will not hear of missing bags, delayed delivery and how come he cannot the shoe size in thailand, etc etc...

anyway playing on a sponsor's invite, he also have to deal with the nearly 40 degree weather. his grip is standard man 60 but built to 7 wraps using a 3+2+2 combination.

How Casual is Ernie Els in Chiang Mai? 8602210178_bc0c7e561f_z

all eyes on the Thais this week....maybe Moore may have a chance of sneaking one in but with Prayad on form, and TJ trying to get to Augusta, its going to be tough.

DGman
Back to top Go down
schnell
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
schnell

PostSubject: Re: How Casual is Ernie Els in Chiang Mai?   How Casual is Ernie Els in Chiang Mai? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 12:40 pm

What a pro..playing on sponsor's invite..lost equipment and still no prima donna attitude or mysterious toothache to wanna pull out. Impressive..we need more role models like ernie.
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: How Casual is Ernie Els in Chiang Mai?   How Casual is Ernie Els in Chiang Mai? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 1:51 pm

as we can see...when the shoes arrived, the swing and scoring has returned......

-5 after 16 holes.....
Back to top Go down
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
hkhamateur

PostSubject: Re: How Casual is Ernie Els in Chiang Mai?   How Casual is Ernie Els in Chiang Mai? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 2:25 pm

A very good sportsmanship fm a champ! Wink
Go ernie, go! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
9points
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
9points

PostSubject: Re: How Casual is Ernie Els in Chiang Mai?   How Casual is Ernie Els in Chiang Mai? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 2:33 pm

DGman wrote:
as we can see...when the shoes arrived, the swing and scoring has returned......

-5 after 16 holes.....

That's the spirit of people's champion, The 2012 Open Champion, Big Easy Ernie Els Smile
Back to top Go down
jwing
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
jwing

PostSubject: Re: How Casual is Ernie Els in Chiang Mai?   How Casual is Ernie Els in Chiang Mai? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 12:05 am

Ernie Cheers Jump
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How Casual is Ernie Els in Chiang Mai?   How Casual is Ernie Els in Chiang Mai? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How Casual is Ernie Els in Chiang Mai?
Page 1 of 1