Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Need help on iron specs: loft degree.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
robert33
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
robert33

Need help on iron specs: loft degree. Empty
PostSubject: Need help on iron specs: loft degree.   Need help on iron specs: loft degree. I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 10:13 pm

Hi guys,

me recently bought a old set of irons. Wanna try out the blade type of irons thus bought the Bridgestone pro 640 m irons with true temper dynamic gold R400 shaft. Bought e irons in japan from a 2nd hand shop...

After playing for a while found that e pitching wedge distance is close to my 48 degree wedge.. So went to search for info on the set of irons, but didn't fnd any...

So now postin here to see if anyone has e info to share with me... Hopefully got all e degrees for the whole iron set.. From 4 iron to pw..

Thanks...
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: Need help on iron specs: loft degree.   Need help on iron specs: loft degree. I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 10:51 pm

tot PW 47-48*, nothing wrong with that........ unless its homa/s-yard then PW abt 46*

u can go to bridgestone website to check the specs of all the new irons, should be there
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Need help on iron specs: loft degree.   Need help on iron specs: loft degree. I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 11:11 pm

1. Most older irons set made in the early 90s have weaker loft.

2. however most CB has stronger loft than MB, so there is no standard.

3. loft and lie change over time due to use. we have measured some use sets where the loft of the 7 iron is the same as the 8 iron because of prolonged use.

4. the loft for Japanese clubs are usually stronger. we measured an Yamaha Impress and Mizuno MX 300 today

Yamaha: 6 iron - 27.5 degrees, 7 iron - 31 degrees (difference 3.5 degrees)
Mizuno 6 iron - 28 degree, 7 iron - 33 degree (difference 5 degrees).

The net effect is with the Yamaha set, the club gap is 10 metres difference and with the Mizuno the club gap is 15 metres.

the best thing to do...get a clubfitter to measure the loft and lie to be sure.

DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
robert33
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
robert33

PostSubject: Re: Need help on iron specs: loft degree.   Need help on iron specs: loft degree. I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 11:54 pm

Hi guys,

Me had already checked out the bridgestone website and this set is not listed.... Think must be antique liao.. Cos the shop sold it to me for less than 8000 yen... Haiz...

Think must really bring to e club fitter to get the loft checked...

Hmmm... Who should I go to leh?

Any recommendations?

Many thanks to those that read my post and espcially to e bros who replied..
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: Need help on iron specs: loft degree.   Need help on iron specs: loft degree. I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 12:01 am

The forumer who posted before u.

Lofts nowadays for blades are pretty much std. Doesn't have to stick to bridgestone lofts.
Back to top Go down
robert33
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
robert33

PostSubject: Re: Need help on iron specs: loft degree.   Need help on iron specs: loft degree. I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 12:16 am

S70B wrote:
The forumer who posted before u.

Lofts nowadays for blades are pretty much std. Doesn't have to stick to bridgestone lofts.

Thanks bro,

Think will go Big fish to get it checked...
Jus wanna make sure me not carrying 2 irons with a similar loft...
Any idea if can get it checked at big fish occ? Cos I usually go there for range...

Cheers...
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: Need help on iron specs: loft degree.   Need help on iron specs: loft degree. I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 12:18 am

Yep. Ivan will do a good job for u too. Plus, u get to try stuff out at the range if u got 'itchy' haha.

My PW is 48* so its ok.

Game Improvement sets like those from TM artificially jack up lofts for their clubs like PW having 44* so that it makes the golfer think he is really hitting further w the same club. Blades will have more realistic lofts.
Back to top Go down
robert33
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
robert33

PostSubject: Re: Need help on iron specs: loft degree.   Need help on iron specs: loft degree. I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 12:25 am

S70B wrote:
Yep. Ivan will do a good job for u too. Plus, u get to try stuff out at the range if u got 'itchy' haha.

My PW is 48* so its ok.

Game Improvement sets like those from TM artificially jack up lofts for their clubs like PW having 44* so that it makes the golfer think he is really hitting further w the same club. Blades will have more realistic lofts.

Oh... Ok.. Thought me lost my swing rythem liao... Thanks for the enlightenment...!

Will go get it checked on my next range session at occ then... Hehehe...

Cheers...
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Need help on iron specs: loft degree.   Need help on iron specs: loft degree. I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 8:46 am

Yeah, I think a PW is between 46˚ - 48˚. I actually preferred my 46˚ wedge so I swapped out my PW for my CG 12 46˚. No point carrying a PW and a separate wedge of that loft.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need help on iron specs: loft degree.   Need help on iron specs: loft degree. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need help on iron specs: loft degree.
Page 1 of 1