Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Why do people hijack a thread & Yakun

Go down 
+8
jeffman88
Khorkar
nutty88
slinger
costajos
NikeN
Technospaz
TDO
12 posters
AuthorMessage
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

Why do people hijack a thread & Yakun Empty
PostSubject: Why do people hijack a thread & Yakun   Why do people hijack a thread & Yakun I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 5:55 pm

I find it puzzling why there are people who hijack a thread posted by the original author. Rolling Eyes If the topics are the same as the posted thread then I guess it would be alright. However, if it is a totally different topic, the person who hijacked should set up a new thread.

Any one agree with this view? Smile

Last edited by TDO on Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Why do people hijack a thread & Yakun   Why do people hijack a thread & Yakun I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 6:00 pm

I'm not sure why people hijack a thread but what I do know is that it's commonplace in online forums. It's almost impossible to maintain rigidity over what is discussed in a thread. It's like coffeeshop chitchat. We'll start with one thing but end up with something completely different.

Speaking of coffeeshops, I do like Yakun but I'm beginning to favor Coffee & Toast. There's something simplistic about C&T which appeals to me. I think Yakun is too common and their kaya isn't quite as good. Their cashier (at least the one in Suntec) scares me as well.

Anyway, I've got a Adams Speedtech driver for sale. Anyone want? Smile
Back to top Go down
NikeN
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
NikeN

PostSubject: Re: Why do people hijack a thread & Yakun   Why do people hijack a thread & Yakun I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 6:29 pm

J86, u r hijacking a thread. lol!
Back to top Go down
costajos
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Why do people hijack a thread & Yakun   Why do people hijack a thread & Yakun I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 6:34 pm

Technospaz wrote:
I'm not sure why people hijack a thread but what I do know is that it's commonplace in online forums. It's almost impossible to maintain rigidity over what is discussed in a thread. It's like coffeeshop chitchat. We'll start with one thing but end up with something completely different.

Speaking of coffeeshops, I do like Yakun but I'm beginning to favor Coffee & Toast. There's something simplistic about C&T which appeals to me. I think Yakun is too common and their kaya isn't quite as good. Their cashier (at least the one in Suntec) scares me as well.

I think yakun is overated as well... i prefer coffee & toast too... but raised their prices last year... that kinda sucks...

J.. i would buy your driver... and the plan was to save a few cents each day till i had enough.... but that was before C&T is sucking up my money... a few cents each day.

Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: Why do people hijack a thread & Yakun   Why do people hijack a thread & Yakun I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 7:05 pm

NikeN wrote:
J86, u r hijacking a thread. lol!

Ya, bro. it's intentional as a joke by some bros here. Very Happy We might as well do it for all threads and deviate from the subjects. Thought we should have some respect for the thread starter. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: Why do people hijack a thread & Yakun   Why do people hijack a thread & Yakun I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 8:15 pm

OTing a thread is common when we know each other....

i can go to J86 WTS n talk about M84 without him kicking a fuss....

flower
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: Why do people hijack a thread & Yakun   Why do people hijack a thread & Yakun I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 9:06 pm

I see. So it's ok to do so for people know each other only. I get it. If people who don't know each other is not suppose to, tio bo?

Actually I am not creating a fuss. Just that it's not in line with the subject and cause confusion. Guess I will have to let it go. Wink

Last edited by TDO on Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
nutty88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
nutty88

PostSubject: Re: Why do people hijack a thread & Yakun   Why do people hijack a thread & Yakun I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 9:51 pm

Technospaz wrote:

I still prefer Toast Box.

As for OT, depends I guess. If it is a serious topics, then we should not OT. Otherwise, I think it is alright.

So best thing to do is to first OT, then contribute something to the original thread.
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: Why do people hijack a thread & Yakun   Why do people hijack a thread & Yakun I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 8:36 am

Yo Fred,

Long time no see. I guess its reasonable to OT on bro, so long as you and owner are known friends. Of course, there should be a limit to TCSS and in the end, return the thread owner's subject.
Back to top Go down
jeffman88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jeffman88

PostSubject: Re: Why do people hijack a thread & Yakun   Why do people hijack a thread & Yakun I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 10:31 am

Hmm Yakun TB n C&T r ok but prefer Killineys .. esp their kaya- problem is there r not too many of them around..

@TDO i agree that hijackers shd be moderated if its really way off OTs ... short of that threadstarters shd understand that there are all sorts of opinions out there, some left some right and forummers r generally tolerant of diversity and x-pollination of ideas w lateral thinking.... then there are those who completely miss the point of the thread (wrong frequencies) and think they r still on topic.... like last thurs 95FM morning show w the flying dutchman when he asked listeners for their views on the Oscar Pistorius case and the first caller went on about the Oscar Awards about who shd get it! LOL
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: Why do people hijack a thread & Yakun   Why do people hijack a thread & Yakun I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 3:28 pm

Khorkar wrote:
Yo Fred,

Long time no see. I guess its reasonable to OT on bro, so long as you and owner are known friends. Of course, there should be a limit to TCSS and in the end, return the thread owner's subject.

KK,
I am wondering when would be our next game? The last time was something like 6 months ago or more at Poresia. On Green
Back to top Go down
WY
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Why do people hijack a thread & Yakun   Why do people hijack a thread & Yakun I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 11:33 am

Off topic - all the talk about kaya & toast made me give in to a min of weakness and ended up with a Yakun Set A this morning.

Also, they have Kaya Butter Crackers @ 1.60 as well (brought back some memories).

Sorry, have no contribution for the topic.
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Why do people hijack thread & Yakun Kopi   Why do people hijack a thread & Yakun I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 2:15 pm

[color=white]I don't really like Yakun's too crispy bread with butter & kaya. Give me the old Garden Street off Beach Road coffee stall anytime. The kaya is so damned good that I am saliva is dripping my shirt wet. But off course that was back in the 1960's. Wonder where that Hainan Ah Pek or his decendents are now. Sad Since this thread has been hijack I might as well hijack myself and added in Yakun. Laughing

Last edited by TDO on Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:34 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Derek
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: Why do people hijack a thread & Yakun   Why do people hijack a thread & Yakun I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 8:33 pm

So what do you guys think is the secret to the half boiled eggs?
Back to top Go down
haragolfer
Caddy
Caddy
haragolfer

PostSubject: Re: Why do people hijack a thread & Yakun   Why do people hijack a thread & Yakun I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 8:46 pm

how about a vote on the best yakun outlet.
Back to top Go down
Bear
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Why do people hijack a thread & Yakun   Why do people hijack a thread & Yakun I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 11:45 pm

Best yakun kaya toast....

imo .... Parkway Parade outlet.....

Best tea.....

imo toast box bugis......

And y do ppl hijack a thread....?

It's becoz ..... If not it'll be rather boring. We can regard the jacked post as advertisments. No one like advertisments when the best part of the movie is runnin.
Back to top Go down
http://www.website.co.jp
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why do people hijack a thread & Yakun   Why do people hijack a thread & Yakun I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why do people hijack a thread & Yakun
Page 1 of 1