Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

NS Pro Modus 3 shafts

Go down 
+4
Yarra
copen123
DRGjr72
rsenal
8 posters
AuthorMessage
rsenal
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
rsenal

NS Pro Modus 3 shafts Empty
PostSubject: NS Pro Modus 3 shafts   NS Pro Modus 3 shafts I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 2:13 pm

Any GR have any experience from this shaft besides weight?

Back to top Go down
DRGjr72
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
DRGjr72

PostSubject: Re: NS Pro Modus 3 shafts   NS Pro Modus 3 shafts I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 2:28 pm

I will be using some tomorrow. Will provide feedback
Back to top Go down
rsenal
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
rsenal

PostSubject: Re: NS Pro Modus 3 shafts   NS Pro Modus 3 shafts I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 2:31 pm

Which ones are you gaming?

Any chance its the new R flex?
Back to top Go down
DRGjr72
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
DRGjr72

PostSubject: Re: NS Pro Modus 3 shafts   NS Pro Modus 3 shafts I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 2:32 pm

Tour X 120 sorry.
Back to top Go down
rsenal
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
rsenal

PostSubject: Re: NS Pro Modus 3 shafts   NS Pro Modus 3 shafts I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 4:45 pm

Nonetheless, looking forward to your feedback.
Back to top Go down
copen123
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
copen123

PostSubject: Re: NS Pro Modus 3 shafts   NS Pro Modus 3 shafts I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 5:04 pm

I am comparing the Modus 3 to the NSPRO950GH stiff, which I play.

I hit the Modus 3 on a 6i at an indoor launch monitor. The regular flex feels stiffer and "meatier" than NSPRO 950 stiff. It has a denser feel and lower kick point. If you compare the start of the first taper, the Modus 3 is lower.
I think they feel closer to a DG R300 or Rifle 5.0.

Depending on how well i hit them, I was hitting them the same distance or 1/2 club shorter. Dispersion was much tighter. Ball flight was straighter.

Never hit them on the grass, so can't comment on real life situations.

That's all i can remember from hitting 20+ balls.

Back to top Go down
rsenal
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
rsenal

PostSubject: Re: NS Pro Modus 3 shafts   NS Pro Modus 3 shafts I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 5:26 pm

Thanks for the feedback.

The NSPRO is always known to be a favourite and friendly shaft, no doubt about that. Easy to launch and good carry to especially the 950.

I have gamed the KBS Tour stiff previously. Though it perform, it was too taxing for the back nine especially its weight.

That 1/2 club shorter comment does raise questions especially when you compared them to the DGs. Never got along with that shaft.

Other forums said that it felt softer to flex. More feedback from GR would be appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Yarra
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: NS Pro Modus 3 shafts   NS Pro Modus 3 shafts I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 6:39 pm

I played the Modus3 before I switch to PXi and to me it did not perform as consistently as the other shafts I played before. I felt like I hit two similar swing with completely different results. It is like, I just swing it and hope for the best. Almost to the mercy of the shaft. I thought it might be just me, but I know some other players who has similiar complaint.

Hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
rsenal
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
rsenal

PostSubject: Re: NS Pro Modus 3 shafts   NS Pro Modus 3 shafts I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 9:32 pm

Thanks guys for the feedback.. Guess I'll need to test drive them before commiting to get them.

Appreciate it everyone.
Back to top Go down
copen123
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
copen123

PostSubject: Re: NS Pro Modus 3 shafts   NS Pro Modus 3 shafts I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 10:38 pm

rsenal wrote:
Thanks for the feedback.

The NSPRO is always known to be a favourite and friendly shaft, no doubt about that. Easy to launch and good carry to especially the 950.

I have gamed the KBS Tour stiff previously. Though it perform, it was too taxing for the back nine especially its weight.

That 1/2 club shorter comment does raise questions especially when you compared them to the DGs. Never got along with that shaft.

Other forums said that it felt softer to flex. More feedback from GR would be appreciated.

Bro, I was comparing the distance between the modus 3 and nspro950. 950 was half a club longer.
Back to top Go down
rsenal
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
rsenal

PostSubject: Re: NS Pro Modus 3 shafts   NS Pro Modus 3 shafts I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 10:57 pm

Was it using the same head of the same specs?

Yeah generally one would swing it better if the weight of the club affects the ability of the golfer to swing effectively esp within 80% effort.

I prefer the 950 & even the 850 was a joy to hit.

Guess backside itchy wanting to try something else esp the modus3 now available in r flex.
Back to top Go down
lewisloh
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: NS Pro Modus 3 shafts   NS Pro Modus 3 shafts I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 12:51 am

I once reshaft to NS pro Modus 3 from my previous 950 shaft. Dispersion is better, boring ball flight, more solid impact . However, you really had to work on your swing, and the 110+ gram weight might wore you down on the back 9 for social golfer.
Back to top Go down
rsenal
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
rsenal

PostSubject: Re: NS Pro Modus 3 shafts   NS Pro Modus 3 shafts I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 9:52 pm

Just an update:

Been using the modus3 regular flex for two weeks now and certainly love the feel. The weight is heavier than the NSPRO 950 but lighter than a KBS Tour. Had a KBS stiff previously and that really tire me out.

I did not lose any distance and was about half club longer. Trajectory was good too, more if a boring flight.The added weight made me swing in balance.

Since it had a high/mid kick, the feel from the grip was kinda smooth.

Glad that they released a regular version cos prior they only did from stiff above.

P.s: i noticed the chap Gallagher won the Dubai classic with the modus3 on his shaft, a number of eagles i believe from the fairway. Just noticing, not implying anything.
Back to top Go down
scottycollector
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
scottycollector

PostSubject: Re: NS Pro Modus 3 shafts   NS Pro Modus 3 shafts I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2013 11:52 am

I'm thinking of trying out the Modus 3 shaft

anyone knows where i can try the shaft (in R flex) on a launch monitor / range? preferably on a Callaway X forged 6 or 7 iron if possible...
Back to top Go down
rsenal
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
rsenal

PostSubject: Re: NS Pro Modus 3 shafts   NS Pro Modus 3 shafts I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2013 12:07 pm

Sigma golf maybe?
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: NS Pro Modus 3 shafts   NS Pro Modus 3 shafts I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2013 4:31 pm

Luke, I think vivo golf carry as well.
Back to top Go down
wtapz
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: NS Pro Modus 3 shafts   NS Pro Modus 3 shafts I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 5:35 pm

Sigma golf do carry it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NS Pro Modus 3 shafts   NS Pro Modus 3 shafts I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NS Pro Modus 3 shafts
Page 1 of 1