Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Year Resolution : Starting Golf

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Cloute
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

New Year Resolution : Starting Golf Empty
PostSubject: New Year Resolution : Starting Golf   New Year Resolution : Starting Golf I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 12:48 pm

Good Morning Guys,

So it's 2013, and this has become my resolution for this year.
I've been a professional Pool player for almost 6years now.

And it's time to switch out.

I'm 22 this year, my girlfriend has a 'provisional license' for golfing, not sure what you call it.
But she doesn't play anymore, perfect time for me to pick up the sport, so we have 1 more thing to do on the weekend.

Any lao-jiao's can advise how I should start?
I'm not so much of a running 18holes, I would think I'm more of a leisure driving balls on a driving range kind of person.
Until I develop further interest.

Could anyone help me out?
I have 0 knowledge on golf.

Cheers guys!
Back to top Go down
jason.koh.54966
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
jason.koh.54966

PostSubject: Re: New Year Resolution : Starting Golf   New Year Resolution : Starting Golf I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 1:10 pm

My humble suggestion is to start with beginner lessons with a Pro..myself is a newbie too, before that I do powerlifting and tennis, never expected to be interested in golf but now I'm crazy abt it.....Happy Golfing!!
Back to top Go down
nrafee
Caddy
Caddy
nrafee

PostSubject: Re: New Year Resolution : Starting Golf   New Year Resolution : Starting Golf I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 1:11 pm

Hi Cloute,

Welcome to Golf Republic. Since it is your new year resolution to start golf, I recommend getting a lesson to learn the basic of golf. After 10 lessons, you will get your PC (what your girlfriend has) and you should have a better feel if golf is for you or not.

Cheers.
Back to top Go down
Cloute
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: New Year Resolution : Starting Golf   New Year Resolution : Starting Golf I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 1:14 pm

Thank you for your advise guys.

But where do I go to get such a thing done? To get my PC that is.
And how much does it cost usually?

And after that, where do I go from there?
Back to top Go down
nrafee
Caddy
Caddy
nrafee

PostSubject: Re: New Year Resolution : Starting Golf   New Year Resolution : Starting Golf I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 1:26 pm

hi cloute,

type in "lessons" on the search function and see some of the older discussion on this. This is standard question from all newbie. Smile

Cheers and have fun!
Back to top Go down
jason.koh.54966
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
jason.koh.54966

PostSubject: Re: New Year Resolution : Starting Golf   New Year Resolution : Starting Golf I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 9:28 pm

Go to any driving range, there are Pro-shop and usually have an in-house golf academy...go and check it out, ask abt the beginner course, who's the resident coach, course fees, etc....

If in a group of 2-3 pax, each one approx $480 - $580.....one on one likely at $1k range, depending on your budget, usually 1 lesson per week, total 10hrs = 10 lessons, depend on how hardworking, u practice at your own times at driving range in btw lessons...after completion, u will receive your PC aka probation licence which allow u to play on weekdays in the course where u take your lessons....to get your HCP (licence to play at all golf courses locally), is another journey to ride on.....

U can find out tons of info in this forum as I myself have greatly benefitted reading from past threads...also can look out for used clubs in the market thread...... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MadScientist
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: New Year Resolution : Starting Golf   New Year Resolution : Starting Golf I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 12:39 am

Cloute wrote:
Thank you for your advise guys.

But where do I go to get such a thing done? To get my PC that is.
And how much does it cost usually?

And after that, where do I go from there?

Which area is convenient for you?
Back to top Go down
bryanachong
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
bryanachong

PostSubject: Re: New Year Resolution : Starting Golf   New Year Resolution : Starting Golf I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 12:47 am

Get a friend to start off with! Or even your Girlfriend! Always easier to learn with a partner!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Year Resolution : Starting Golf   New Year Resolution : Starting Golf I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Year Resolution : Starting Golf
Page 1 of 1