Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Project X 5.5 (Non-flighted)

Go down 
+8
DGman
eiji
hkhamateur
audi
Turbo
AJTAURUS
haragolfer
coconutz
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
coconutz
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Project X 5.5 (Non-flighted) Empty
PostSubject: Project X 5.5 (Non-flighted)   Project X 5.5 (Non-flighted) I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2012 12:55 am

Hi ppl,

Need some real advise and inputs from the wonderful people in this forum.

Just change my irons shaft to PX5.5 non-flighted from DG S400 but totally don't like the feel and can't hit well on the PX5.5. Love the feel from the previous DG S400 and could handle it quite "Okay" just that I find that is a little too heavy and lost a few club length compare my old set of NS PRO (S). That's why I wanted to try a lighter shaft and chose the PX5.5.

Don't know what can I do next, and to a point really devastated with my performance. Love the feel for the current setup on the wedges but comes to the irons really big difference, even I halved my PW also can't get the feel right.

A lost GRian.

Back to top Go down
haragolfer
Caddy
Caddy
haragolfer

PostSubject: Re: Project X 5.5 (Non-flighted)   Project X 5.5 (Non-flighted) I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2012 1:02 am

Just wondering who installed these for you. I mean as opposed to being fitted.
Back to top Go down
coconutz
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Project X 5.5 (Non-flighted)   Project X 5.5 (Non-flighted) I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2012 1:39 am

Went to Raymond to get it fitted, also have seek advise from my coach prior changing, the feel is not right... even hit on the sweet spot.
Back to top Go down
AJTAURUS
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
AJTAURUS

PostSubject: Re: Project X 5.5 (Non-flighted)   Project X 5.5 (Non-flighted) I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2012 1:53 am

Bro, PX 6.0 play to a similar flex as the DG S400. PX 5.5 plays more like Stiff Regular for some.
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Project X 5.5 (Non-flighted)   Project X 5.5 (Non-flighted) I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2012 2:46 am

I also dun like the feel of PX5.5. I prefer DG S300 ... Same like coconutz, I reshafted my irons with PX5.5 from DG S300 as the latter is heavier and I thought a lighter shaft would give me more distance. I regretted it but luckily I bought the 2nd hand PX5.5 shafts from a fellow GRian (i.e. Aloboy but these days I dun see him posting in this forum) ... Anyway, I eventually sold my set of irons with the PX5.5 ... I made a big turn back ... Haiz! Sad
Back to top Go down
audi
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
audi

PostSubject: Re: Project X 5.5 (Non-flighted)   Project X 5.5 (Non-flighted) I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2012 7:29 am

i'm using px6.0 and i'm loving it. ball flight is more beautiful than nspro for me. nspro ball too high, less distance.

bro turbo, actually i'm quite the opposite. i hit much longer using heavier shaft. and i cant play true temper, just cant get the feel right. Smile
Back to top Go down
coconutz
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Project X 5.5 (Non-flighted)   Project X 5.5 (Non-flighted) I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2012 7:45 am

AJTAURUS wrote:
Bro, PX 6.0 play to a similar flex as the DG S400. PX 5.5 plays more like Stiff Regular for some.

Fitter said that the S400 is too stiff for me that's why i lost distance and the weight at 132g is a little too taxing to complete a good round of golf.

Chose the PX5.5 due to lighter in weight and less stiff compare to the S400.
Back to top Go down
coconutz
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Project X 5.5 (Non-flighted)   Project X 5.5 (Non-flighted) I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2012 7:55 am

Turbo wrote:
I also dun like the feel of PX5.5. I prefer DG S300 ... Same like coconutz, I reshafted my irons with PX5.5 from DG S300 as the latter is heavier and I thought a lighter shaft would give me more distance. I regretted it but luckily I bought the 2nd hand PX5.5 shafts from a fellow GRian (i.e. Aloboy but these days I dun see him posting in this forum) ... Anyway, I eventually sold my set of irons with the PX5.5 ... I made a big turn back ... Haiz! Sad

Bro, now this current set of irons fitted with PX5.5 i really hated it, totally no love hitting every single shot, even on a good shot don't like the feel and sound produce by it. But can't bear to sell the set as i like the looks of the AP2.

Had game 1 round plus 100 balls on the range with this set-up and that round on the green was terrible as non of the irons works for me, had the worst range session yesterday with this set-up.

Was thinking of changing to KBS C-Taper R+ due to its characteristic of the shaft but afraid will be disappointed again.

Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad
Back to top Go down
AJTAURUS
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
AJTAURUS

PostSubject: Re: Project X 5.5 (Non-flighted)   Project X 5.5 (Non-flighted) I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2012 12:29 pm

audi wrote:
i'm using px6.0 and i'm loving it. ball flight is more beautiful than nspro for me. nspro ball too high, less distance.

bro turbo, actually i'm quite the opposite. i hit much longer using heavier shaft. and i cant play true temper, just cant get the feel right. Smile

True, I used to play NSPRO too, high ball less distance. PW with NSPRO=> 80 to 90 but with PX 5.5, it goes 100+ metres. I think it all boils down to personal preference.
Back to top Go down
AJTAURUS
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
AJTAURUS

PostSubject: Re: Project X 5.5 (Non-flighted)   Project X 5.5 (Non-flighted) I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2012 12:33 pm

coconutz wrote:
Turbo wrote:

Bro, now this current set of irons fitted with PX5.5 i really hated it, totally no love hitting every single shot, even on a good shot don't like the feel and sound produce by it. But can't bear to sell the set as i like the looks of the AP2.

Had game 1 round plus 100 balls on the range with this set-up and that round on the green was terrible as non of the irons works for me, had the worst range session yesterday with this set-up.

Was thinking of changing to KBS C-Taper R+ due to its characteristic of the shaft but afraid will be disappointed again.

Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

Bro, KBS Shafts are sorted by stiffness, making them all exactly the same stiffness, but carry different weights. You need to specify a length because if this sorting method were used, it would be pointless as soon as you trimmed it (your shorter clubs would be stiffer than your longer ones). The reason other shafts are trimmed is because they are sorted by weight instead of stiffness, causing a variance in the flex of the shaft, but a consistent weight + or - what was changed when you trimmed it. Project X is similar to KBS in that they are also sorted by stiffness instead of weight. If my memory is correct, the only current shaft that is widely used a sorted by weight is the Dynamic Gold ones, or any other True Temper shaft.
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Project X 5.5 (Non-flighted)   Project X 5.5 (Non-flighted) I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2012 2:00 pm

coconutz wrote:

Bro, I urge you to go to a fitting shop that allows you try up the KBS C-Taper shafts first b4 committing. Otherwise it is gonna be a waste of hard earned $$$$ again ... Cheers!
Back to top Go down
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
hkhamateur

PostSubject: Re: Project X 5.5 (Non-flighted)   Project X 5.5 (Non-flighted) I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2012 2:08 pm

Turbo wrote:
coconutz wrote:

Bro, I urge you to go to a fitting shop that allows you try up the KBS C-Taper shafts first b4 committing. Otherwise it is gonna be a waste of hard earned $$$$ again ... Cheers!

Agreed w! Cool
Two factors u ve to overcome, its nt Tour 90 n its C Taper! Neutral
No only money donated bt u may end up dislike yr game both at range n on green! Smile
Back to top Go down
coconutz
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Project X 5.5 (Non-flighted)   Project X 5.5 (Non-flighted) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 3:07 am

AJTAURUS wrote:
Bro, KBS Shafts are sorted by stiffness, making them all exactly the same stiffness, but carry different weights. You need to specify a length because if this sorting method were used, it would be pointless as soon as you trimmed it (your shorter clubs would be stiffer than your longer ones). The reason other shafts are trimmed is because they are sorted by weight instead of stiffness, causing a variance in the flex of the shaft, but a consistent weight + or - what was changed when you trimmed it. Project X is similar to KBS in that they are also sorted by stiffness instead of weight. If my memory is correct, the only current shaft that is widely used a sorted by weight is the Dynamic Gold ones, or any other True Temper shaft.

Thanks bro for your input, didn't know so much on the characteristic of the shaft until now. But one funny thing is that I can play really well with my 52* and 58* on the DG Spinner and the feel of the club are really good, loading to finishing.

I tried to halved my PW, totally CMI, loading and feel is totally gone.

Kinda lost now as been spending too much $$$$ on shafts and equipment. A slut I would say.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
coconutz
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Project X 5.5 (Non-flighted)   Project X 5.5 (Non-flighted) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 3:13 am

Turbo wrote:

Not sure which fitter will I have the luxury to try all the irons shaft that I wanted. Current shortlisted are

1) KBS C-taper R+
2) KBS C-taper S
3) KBS Tour S
4) DG S300

Maybe will head down to the range to give the irons another shot, if still can't make it will visit a fitter and explain my problems to him.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
coconutz
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Project X 5.5 (Non-flighted)   Project X 5.5 (Non-flighted) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 3:22 am

hkhamateur wrote:
Agreed w! Cool
Two factors u ve to overcome, its nt Tour 90 n its C Taper! Neutral
No only money donated bt u may end up dislike yr game both at range n on green! Smile

Ya man bro, never felt so shitty before playing on my irons until I change to the PX5.5, even my previous set of R11 with NS Pro(s) I am hitting it better and further.

Was gaming well and even completed 31 holes on the S400 but seriously was a little too heavy and the distance drops as time wear me out.

Will the swing weight of the irons make a big difference? As the current setup is on D1 but not sure for the S400.

Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: Project X 5.5 (Non-flighted)   Project X 5.5 (Non-flighted) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 9:32 am

Book a titleist fitting session and get your irons sorted out.
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
coconutz
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Project X 5.5 (Non-flighted)   Project X 5.5 (Non-flighted) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 10:10 am

eiji wrote:
Book a titleist fitting session and get your irons sorted out.

Is that possible? Titleist fitting session from where? How do i arrange it?

Last edited by coconutz on Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Project X 5.5 (Non-flighted)   Project X 5.5 (Non-flighted) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 11:27 am

coconutz wrote:
Turbo wrote:

Not sure which fitter will I have the luxury to try all the irons shaft that I wanted. Current shortlisted are

1) KBS C-taper R+
2) KBS C-taper S
3) KBS Tour S
4) DG S300

Maybe will head down to the range to give the irons another shot, if still can't make it will visit a fitter and explain my problems to him.

Cheers

BFG's Eric (Qualified Fitter) prolly have all the shafts you need to try ... He is located at Bukit Merah ... I heard it is a "poisonous" den ... U are warned! affraid

Happy & Prospersous New Year to all GRians!!!

cheers

P/S: More than 90% of the time, it is the Red Indian and NOT the arrows ...
Back to top Go down
coconutz
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Project X 5.5 (Non-flighted)   Project X 5.5 (Non-flighted) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 11:37 am

Turbo wrote:

BFG's Eric (Qualified Fitter) prolly have all the shafts you need to try ... He is located at Bukit Merah ... I heard it is a "poisonous" den ... U are warned! affraid

cheers

Heard that too, a few of my Kakis was bitten by the Poison and the only antidote would be the fishy sticks.
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Project X 5.5 (Non-flighted)   Project X 5.5 (Non-flighted) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 11:41 am

Thanks bro Turbo...

we have most shafts in stock or on short order...

S400 or X100 are one and the same with small variance in weight at sorting level.

if anyone needs NS Pro, GSS 95 or DG Gold in new (new pullout with grips in wraps or slightly used condition, we have lots of sets and it will be highly discounted over new shafts.

like i always say, Feel has nothing to do with performance. always look at the results and if you use the same shaft for 2 months, that will be the new feel that one will get used to.

the worse case scenario is a golfer who bought a second hand set, he has a 7-i swing speed of 68 mph and was using a Project X 7.0. it took him 6 months to get used to the KBS Tour 90 but the improvement of accuracy and distance is more than worth it. no point hitting 1/10 7 iron 140 meters and the rest 100 to 120 meters all over the shop.

in selecting the shaft for the iron, its all about predictability and accuracy over 18 holes and if you play often enough like a pro.....over 4 days.

DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Project X 5.5 (Non-flighted)   Project X 5.5 (Non-flighted) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 11:43 am

coconutz wrote:
Turbo wrote:

cheers

Heard that too, a few of my Kakis was bitten by the Poison and the only antidote would be the fishy sticks.

oh no i thot it was the best kept secret.....
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
coconutz
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Project X 5.5 (Non-flighted)   Project X 5.5 (Non-flighted) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2013 5:50 pm

Hi ppl,

Does swing weight makes a difference? Just went to range and give the irons another try, seriously can't hit it well and contact was terrible. No problem with my wedges and like the feel of the whole iron compare to the AP2 fitted on the PX5.5.

Didn't have much problem with the S400 previously just itchy backside wanna change to a lighter and less stiffer shaft to have a little more pleasure playing but obviously it backfire badly.

Back to top Go down
waltzy
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
waltzy

PostSubject: Re: Project X 5.5 (Non-flighted)   Project X 5.5 (Non-flighted) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2013 6:07 pm

I am just a noob. And this is my $0.02.

I have played several shafts before from PX, DG S300, Dynalite S300, TT Black Gold. To be honest, I am not the best ball striker, but I am still able to hit all different shafts reasonably well, (ie, no difference in my ball striking). The only difference I feel is like I mis hit and also the ball flight being different.

But that being said, my assumption is that because all the shafts I tried is around the same weight range, I would say to drop from S400 to PX will affect your tempo, which may be the reason why you dont feel right/didnt strike it as well. I may be wrong though, just give it a feel more range time and get back the tempo.

Like what DGman said. Sometimes stepping back 1 step will bring you forward 2!

Cheers

On the same note, PX 5.5 is 115g and DGS400 is 134g close to 20g difference.
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Project X 5.5 (Non-flighted)   Project X 5.5 (Non-flighted) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2013 9:04 pm

waltzy wrote:
I am just a noob. And this is my $0.02.

I have played several shafts before from PX, DG S300, Dynalite S300, TT Black Gold. To be honest, I am not the best ball striker, but I am still able to hit all different shafts reasonably well, (ie, no difference in my ball striking). The only difference I feel is like I mis hit and also the ball flight being different.

Bro, have u sold your Nike VR TW Blades already?
Back to top Go down
waltzy
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
waltzy

PostSubject: Re: Project X 5.5 (Non-flighted)   Project X 5.5 (Non-flighted) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2013 10:00 pm

Sorry to ts for off topic.

@turbo decide to keep it. Becomes what's in my bag 2013. Cannot find a better feeling irons that are more forgiving (blade wise)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Project X 5.5 (Non-flighted)   Project X 5.5 (Non-flighted) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Project X 5.5 (Non-flighted)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next