Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Project X Flighted vs. Non-Flighted

Go down 
+6
Technospaz
Denmeister
JonL_TK
guy013
eiji
TheFocalPoint
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
TheFocalPoint
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
TheFocalPoint

Project X Flighted vs. Non-Flighted Empty
PostSubject: Project X Flighted vs. Non-Flighted   Project X Flighted vs. Non-Flighted I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 10:22 pm

Planning to get a set of combo MC/MB irons and I am given the option of choosing whatever shaft i want on them.
Pretty set on sticking to Project X, but can someone outline the difference(s) between the Flighted and Non-Flighted option? trajectory? kick point?
Thanks folks.
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: Project X Flighted vs. Non-Flighted   Project X Flighted vs. Non-Flighted I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 11:11 pm

you should get on a launch monitor and see the figures with the head you are ordering to determine which shaft suits you better.
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
TheFocalPoint
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
TheFocalPoint

PostSubject: Re: Project X Flighted vs. Non-Flighted   Project X Flighted vs. Non-Flighted I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 11:19 pm

hmm.. not sure i can get a MB and MC head, a PX 6.0 Flighted, and a 6.0 Non-flighted and have the luxury of testing the permutations now, can i?
If you could be so kind as to where on this island i can do this, i would be most grateful...
Back to top Go down
guy013
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
guy013

PostSubject: Re: Project X Flighted vs. Non-Flighted   Project X Flighted vs. Non-Flighted I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 11:33 pm

Im playing mp53 with PX 5.0 flighted which u can try this Sunday if u like.

Although I don't know how helpful it will be.
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: Project X Flighted vs. Non-Flighted   Project X Flighted vs. Non-Flighted I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 11:34 pm

what about the TM flagship store?
Back to top Go down
JonL_TK
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
JonL_TK

PostSubject: Re: Project X Flighted vs. Non-Flighted   Project X Flighted vs. Non-Flighted I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 11:54 pm

TFP...

From my understanding... the Flighted shafts help more in the long irons...
Extracted from the PX (True Temper) Website

Project X
A proven winner on the PGA Tour, the patented RIFLE design features a discrete constant taper for each shaft in the set. Longer taper rates result in more energy transfer to the ball, getting the ball up faster and flattening out quicker for a penetrating trajectory and ball flight.

Project X Flighted
In addition to the playing characteristics that have made the Project X shaft a tour favorite, the Project X Flighted features an exaggerated change in kick point within each shaft throughout the set to optimize ball flight through the bag. Long irons provide a lower kick point for higher ball flight, easier launch and greater distance, while the short irons have a higher kick point for a lower trajectory, greater accuracy and control.

Flighted Technology
A revolutionary concept developed through exclusive Flex Distribution Technology" and perfected on Tour. Provides an exaggerated change in kick point within the club set to manipulate ball flight. Long irons have a lower kick point for higher ball flight, easier launch and greater distance. Short irons have a higher kick point for a lower trajectory, greater accuracy and control.

Project X Flighted vs. Non-Flighted Flex_t10
Back to top Go down
TheFocalPoint
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
TheFocalPoint

PostSubject: Re: Project X Flighted vs. Non-Flighted   Project X Flighted vs. Non-Flighted I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 7:45 am

Awesome, Jon.
I think that answered every question i had in the book.
Thank you so much! Smile
You da man!!
Back to top Go down
Denmeister
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Denmeister

PostSubject: Re: Project X Flighted vs. Non-Flighted   Project X Flighted vs. Non-Flighted I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 9:16 am

Just thinking out loud.

It seems like the irons benefitting from flighted shafts would be the long irons.

Long irons = 3,4,5?

So if a person uses hybrids more than long irons, then the flighted shafts may not be necessary.

What do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Project X Flighted vs. Non-Flighted   Project X Flighted vs. Non-Flighted I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 9:22 am

I'm using the PX High Launch, which were the precursor to the Flighted make. I do notice more height in my shots (across all irons) but I'm not sure whether it's because of the kickpoint or the heads etc.
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Project X Flighted vs. Non-Flighted   Project X Flighted vs. Non-Flighted I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 9:45 am

Quote :
Quote :
Technospaz wrote:
I'm using the PX High Launch, which were the precursor to the Flighted make. I do notice more height in my shots (across all irons) but I'm not sure whether it's because of the kickpoint or the heads etc.

I have this feeling...that I shant be able to give you 3-3 the next time we play...
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Project X Flighted vs. Non-Flighted   Project X Flighted vs. Non-Flighted I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 9:46 am

[DELETED]

Last edited by Technospaz on Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TheFocalPoint
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
TheFocalPoint

PostSubject: Re: Project X Flighted vs. Non-Flighted   Project X Flighted vs. Non-Flighted I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 10:02 am

Guys!
I really hope this doesn't turn into all the other non-informative 1-1,2-2, 3-3 threads that no one else gives a crap about. Get each other's number and discuss it privately, please.

It is saddening that what someone else pointed out to me is actually happening in my thread.
And to think that I dismissed the notion when that someone pointed out how every informative thread gets soaked with people negotiating for strokes.. like seriouslyyyy, dudes..

Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Project X Flighted vs. Non-Flighted   Project X Flighted vs. Non-Flighted I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 10:06 am

TheFocalPoint wrote:
Guys!
I really hope this doesn't turn into all the other non-informative 1-1,2-2, 3-3 threads that no one else gives a crap about. Get each other's number and discuss it privately, please.

It is saddening that what someone else pointed out to me is actually happening in my thread.
And to think that I dismissed the notion when that someone pointed out how every informative thread gets soaked with people negotiating for strokes.. like seriouslyyyy, dudes..

Apologies, bro. I couldn't resist.

Back to your topic, I read somewhere that the difference between Flighted and non-Flighted is marginal. I've not had a chance to try either so can't confirm. That said, are you worried about your ball flight. From what I've seen, you get pretty good flight with your ball. I'm not sure if you need to worry too much about getting height/distance.

As for my High Launch shafts (and now, giving it more thought), I get more launch/height with the longer irons. Previously, I used to hit them pretty flat but now there's more height. The shorter irons are about the same though I like the weight of the PXs (vs my older NSPros) which may have something to do with the flight of the ball as well.
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Project X Flighted vs. Non-Flighted   Project X Flighted vs. Non-Flighted I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 10:09 am

I apologize for the non-relevant inputs fm my irresponsible action

ok...back to the topic...I donno and have nothing to say
Back to top Go down
TheFocalPoint
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
TheFocalPoint

PostSubject: Re: Project X Flighted vs. Non-Flighted   Project X Flighted vs. Non-Flighted I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 10:11 am

Thanks J for the info..

I guess I just got peeved when I've seen it happen too many times before around here.. but yeah, i get enough height up to my 6 iron.. below that, i.e. 4,5 iron, i am not getting enough height on the ball.. might have to get the flighted shafts..
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Project X Flighted vs. Non-Flighted   Project X Flighted vs. Non-Flighted I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 10:20 am

TheFocalPoint wrote:
Thanks J for the info..

I guess I just got peeved when I've seen it happen too many times before around here.. but yeah, i get enough height up to my 6 iron.. below that, i.e. 4,5 iron, i am not getting enough height on the ball.. might have to get the flighted shafts..

I would recommend trying both the flighted and non-flighted options. If what I've read is true (and I can't find that article), then the distinction may not be material.
Back to top Go down
JonL_TK
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
JonL_TK

PostSubject: Re: Project X Flighted vs. Non-Flighted   Project X Flighted vs. Non-Flighted I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 10:37 am

TFP...

Since you are getting a combo set... Why not ask them to combo the irons as well?

Flighted in the long irons... and non flighted in the short irons...
I would guess they can try to do that seeing you're getting custom fitted
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: Project X Flighted vs. Non-Flighted   Project X Flighted vs. Non-Flighted I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 11:47 am

TFP have you tried C-tapers? or you set on PX?

Even the new True temper Monacos.
Back to top Go down
JonL_TK
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
JonL_TK

PostSubject: Re: Project X Flighted vs. Non-Flighted   Project X Flighted vs. Non-Flighted I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 11:53 am

Or even the NS Pro Modus 3
But I have a feeling TFP likes the stepless look

So that means...
1. PX (Chrome)
2. PX (Satin)
3. KBS (C Tapers)

If fitting through TM Sg... Would assume the only 2 choices would be PX (Chrome) & KBS (C Tapers)
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: Project X Flighted vs. Non-Flighted   Project X Flighted vs. Non-Flighted I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 11:57 am

what about you? When are you changing to KBS C-Taper.

And i heard some news that your WITB should be updated.
Back to top Go down
JonL_TK
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
JonL_TK

PostSubject: Re: Project X Flighted vs. Non-Flighted   Project X Flighted vs. Non-Flighted I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 12:08 pm

My ball flight is very low... Using the C Tapers wouldn't help!
Actually was thinking of getting Flighted PX's
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

PostSubject: Re: Project X Flighted vs. Non-Flighted   Project X Flighted vs. Non-Flighted I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 12:26 pm

TheFocalPoint wrote:
Guys!

I empathize; I suppose it's kinda hard to create 'intelligent threads' when this happens then.... but we shall keep trying nonetheless because it might be useful to someone.

JonL_TK, thanks a lot for that informative diagram. I finally understand the distinction between flighted and non-flighted.

My personal experience with non-flighted Project X 5.5 and 6.0 as follows.

While the short and medium irons are ok, I find the shaft tends to kick a touch too much at the tip for longer clubs like 3, 4 or 5 irons. So, there's plenty enough kick at the tip for me even though it's non-flighted. I suppose if they were flighted, they will kick even more at the tip.

Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: Project X Flighted vs. Non-Flighted   Project X Flighted vs. Non-Flighted I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 12:27 pm

Jon....your signature is way too long...please cut it down ROFL.... ROFL

you purposely trying to hint to me issit.
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: Project X Flighted vs. Non-Flighted   Project X Flighted vs. Non-Flighted I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 1:28 pm

But if you can.. try to search for the old satins one TFP. The new one feels so different as compared to the old satins one. i know Jon loves the old satin ones.
Back to top Go down
JonL_TK
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
JonL_TK

PostSubject: Re: Project X Flighted vs. Non-Flighted   Project X Flighted vs. Non-Flighted I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 1:29 pm

It might be just me... But i feel that MB's trajectory is usually lower than that of CB's
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Project X Flighted vs. Non-Flighted   Project X Flighted vs. Non-Flighted I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Project X Flighted vs. Non-Flighted
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next