Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I bought a CG Black driver.

Go down 
+11
blee67
aquaman
Ken00
CoRN
Derek
enwee
nientsu
Technospaz
BabyCroc
3131T
richardyeo
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
richardyeo
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

I bought a CG Black driver. Empty
PostSubject: I bought a CG Black driver.   I bought a CG Black driver. I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 1:13 am

Hi guys,

Any advise? As I'm just hook up golf.
Play almost everyday.

Well, I just bough Cleveland CG black driver, regular 10.5.
N my coach told me I need change to a stiff shaft.

Do you think I sell it away or buy other brand with a stiff shaft?
Or just change the shaft alone? But costs me ard $250-$400.

Any Samaritans.... Thanks n regards!

Last edited by richardyeo on Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:59 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
3131T
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
3131T

PostSubject: Re: I bought a CG Black driver.   I bought a CG Black driver. I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 1:27 am

richardyeo wrote:
Hi guys,

Play almost everyday.

Im just curious mate...

R u trying something very hard?

u r just flooding the latest topic coluum...

u mentioned u just hook up golf... n ur coach actually recommand u for stiff shaft... Care to share more details as Im still learning...

n in golfbuzz thread... u mentioned tour ad dd shaft... is there a dd shaft? pardon me for my ignorance...

N as of now... all ur 10 posts are clock within 1 hour...

Last edited by 3131T on Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BabyCroc
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
BabyCroc

PostSubject: Re: I bought a CG Black driver.   I bought a CG Black driver. I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 1:35 am

For my 2 cents, i would feel that Cg black is a very good driver. But primarily, because of the way it's designed, its built to be a super lightweight driver, meant for smooth swingers with a good tempo. Only then would it result in increased distance. I have seen some friends gain extra yards ahead with it, and some who go wild cos they overkill it when it's so light.

I'm not sure if changing the shaft would do any good, cos the head is a pretty light one, and it might be the combination of the shaft and head weight that makes this driver work. If you really like the driver head and need to swop shafts, you might wanna check out the after market Miyazaki shafts from the clubfitters. I think the Miyazaki C Kua is in the 43gm range. This way, you get to keep a good head and end up with a better shaft that's gonna last you longer. The fitter will recommend what's suitable for you when you do the fitting.

I wldnt really suggest for you to sell this and buy another driver of a different brand just because of the shaft issue alone. Stock shafts play a whole lot softer to flex than aftermarket ones, and one brand's S flex might be another's R flex. Similarly, a US/global spec R flex shaft might be a Jap/Asian spec S flex. Hence, if you like your current driver head, I wld suggest you visit a fitter to find a suitable shaft if you feel your swing is repeatable. You can head down to BFG, torque golf, wiz golf, etc to seek some opinion and help.

Hope that helps Smile

Back to top Go down
BabyCroc
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
BabyCroc

PostSubject: Re: I bought a CG Black driver.   I bought a CG Black driver. I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 1:45 am

3131T wrote:
richardyeo wrote:
Hi guys,

Play almost everyday.

Im just curious mate...

u mentioned u just hook up golf... n ur coach actually recommand u for stiff shaft... Care to share more details as Im still learning...

n in golfbuzz thread... u mentioned tour ad dd shaft... is there a dd shaft? pardon me for my ignorance...

I might be wrong, but I think he's a pretty new golfer, pretty new to the world of equipment and poison, and probably just excited over his new found sport and this forum. Haha, So lets just give him the benefit of the doubt for now. At least, his posts still sound genuinely 'noobish' to me, and its not irritating the crap outta me, yet.
Back to top Go down
3131T
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
3131T

PostSubject: Re: I bought a CG Black driver.   I bought a CG Black driver. I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 1:48 am

BabyCroc wrote:
3131T wrote:
richardyeo wrote:
Hi guys,

Play almost everyday.

Im just curious mate...

I might be wrong, but I think he's a pretty new golfer, pretty new to the world of equipment and poison, and probably just excited over his new found sport and this forum. Haha, So lets just give him the benefit of the doubt for now. At least, his posts still sound genuinely 'noobish' to me, and its not irritating the crap outta me, yet.

lol!

ok bro jer...

since u buy it... i go with u... Beer
Back to top Go down
BabyCroc
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
BabyCroc

PostSubject: Re: I bought a CG Black driver.   I bought a CG Black driver. I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 2:04 am

3131T wrote:
BabyCroc wrote:
3131T wrote:
richardyeo wrote:
Hi guys,

Play almost everyday.

Im just curious mate...

lol!

ok bro jer...

since u buy it... i go with u... Beer

Ehhh... buy for now, decide later whether to blast. haha...he looks damn lost and new lah... shall give him benefit of the doubt first. if not wait we scare him, jitao kill his enthusiasm, then golfers got one less victim to poison. Thanks Pat. Beer
Back to top Go down
3131T
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
3131T

PostSubject: Re: I bought a CG Black driver.   I bought a CG Black driver. I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 2:07 am

BabyCroc wrote:
Ehhh... buy for now, decide later whether to blast. haha...he looks damn lost and new lah... shall give him benefit of the doubt first. if not wait we scare him, jitao kill his enthusiasm, then golfers got one less victim to poison. Thanks Pat. Beer

lol! Thats a good one from u...
Back to top Go down
BabyCroc
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
BabyCroc

PostSubject: Re: I bought a CG Black driver.   I bought a CG Black driver. I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 2:15 am

3131T wrote:
BabyCroc wrote:

lol! Thats a good one from u...

But the one on the gloves was really off. Hahahahaha
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: I bought a CG Black driver.   I bought a CG Black driver. I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 6:52 am

Do you know why your coach suggested a stiffer shaft? Is it because you're hooking or slicing the ball off the tee? It may not necessarily be a case of shaft but perhaps the overall design of the CG Black.

If you've fiddled with drivers, you'd know (almost immediately) that the CG Black is a much lighter club. It's designed this way with a lighter head and lighter (but slightly longer) shaft. This "aerodynamic" design is intended to enhance the whip of the club and therefore, trajectory/distance of the ball.

The downside to this is that the lightness of the club can be counter-productive if the golfer exerts force when swinging. Perhaps try a more steady swing, i.e. less speed but better rhythm?

I've seen the CG Black do wonders. It's crazy long and quite a good club to play. But if you try to swing it like the other drivers in the market, you may end up getting frustrated.

Also, it takes a while for new clubs to get run in, i.e. the shaft is untouched etc. You need to play with it a few times before the club itself settles. Don't expect it to do wonders from the get go. As with all things, some patience and determination helps Smile
Back to top Go down
richardyeo
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: I bought a CG Black driver.   I bought a CG Black driver. I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 9:43 am

Thank you guys help n patience, I decide to consult the fitter shop.
Sorry for the trouble n inconvenience caused!

~ Merry X'mas!
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

PostSubject: Re: I bought a CG Black driver.   I bought a CG Black driver. I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 10:00 am

You can check out BFG at Bkt Merah or Torque at Laguna

Both are nice!!
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: I bought a CG Black driver.   I bought a CG Black driver. I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 10:09 am

Actually Richard,

Why don't go try the default shaft 1st? Not saying your coach is wrong but custom shafts can be quite ex and would cost more than your CG Black easily. Just go for a few round of games, try it out, if you really don't like it then change, by then you should able to feel and see the difference.
Back to top Go down
richardyeo
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: I bought a CG Black driver.   I bought a CG Black driver. I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 10:14 am

enwee wrote:
Actually Richard,

Why don't go try the default shaft 1st? Not saying your coach is wrong but custom shafts can be quite ex and would cost more than your CG Black easily. Just go for a few round of games, try it out, if you really don't like it then change, by then you should able to feel and see the difference.

Hi enwee,

Okay, I try to play a few round first...
Thanks for help!

Cheers, merry Xmas !!
Back to top Go down
richardyeo
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: I bought a CG Black driver.   I bought a CG Black driver. I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 11:38 pm

enwee wrote:
Actually Richard,

Hi enwee,

My hand itchy, went down bishan custom shop I tried a couple driver n shaft.
n I purchased a tour ad bb 6S shaft for my cg black driver.

Thanks for help! But cg stock shaft too light for me.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Derek
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: I bought a CG Black driver.   I bought a CG Black driver. I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2012 12:51 am

Lol! Trust me when I say a lot of us are familiar with the itchy finger feeling ... Hence the equipment anonymous thread ... Welcome to the world of aftermarket golf equipment, aptly known as poison

Kindly let us known how the new combination works out ... I've often felt that the cg black head is very forgiving by itself, but I have never tried swapping the shaft out
Back to top Go down
CoRN
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
CoRN

PostSubject: Re: I bought a CG Black driver.   I bought a CG Black driver. I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2012 11:02 am

Derek wrote:

Kindly let us known how the new combination works out ... I've often felt that the cg black head is very forgiving by itself, but I have never tried swapping the shaft out

Cmon Derek... What you meant was to inform you if he wants to sell right... Razz
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: I bought a CG Black driver.   I bought a CG Black driver. I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2012 1:22 pm

Richard, do you want to sell the old CG black shaft? There may be golfers here who are keen.
Back to top Go down
richardyeo
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: I bought a CG Black driver.   I bought a CG Black driver. I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2012 1:35 pm

Technospaz wrote:
Richard, do you want to sell the old CG black shaft? There may be golfers here who are keen.

Hi technospaz

For Those who are keen on Miyazaki shaft can SMS or pm me @ 90229995.
Thank you.

Cheers Smile
Back to top Go down
richardyeo
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: I bought a CG Black driver.   I bought a CG Black driver. I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2012 11:34 pm

Derek wrote:
Lol! Trust me when I say a lot of us are familiar with the itchy finger feeling ... Hence the equipment anonymous thread ... Welcome to the world of aftermarket golf equipment, aptly known as poison

Hi Derek

Got it late afternoon today, the feels is good and definitely more forgiving.
I personally feels it's give me more distance as I only exert 70% strengths.
I thought of changing to callaway driver if things dun turn out good.
Will try a few times again.
Do new shaft need to be run in like hitting 200-300 shots?

Just my 20cents.. Smile

Back to top Go down
Derek
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: I bought a CG Black driver.   I bought a CG Black driver. I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2012 12:01 am

I personally don't think shafts need to be run in, but I am not an expert on these things, perhaps DGman can comment
Back to top Go down
BabyCroc
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
BabyCroc

PostSubject: Re: I bought a CG Black driver.   I bought a CG Black driver. I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2012 1:14 am

I think some shafts need to be run in before they come to life, or produce more consistent ball flights. May take 50-200 balls.

If shamusan runs in the shaft for you, maybe 5 swings enough already. lol!
Back to top Go down
Ken00
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: I bought a CG Black driver.   I bought a CG Black driver. I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2012 12:46 pm

I also need some advice on this! Had a new Diamana kaili on my driver but it just doesn't feel like its loading correctly. Compared to my seasoned avixcore. Can't really explain what is wrong, but just feels slow and not lively.
Back to top Go down
aquaman
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
aquaman

PostSubject: Re: I bought a CG Black driver.   I bought a CG Black driver. I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2012 12:56 pm

Experience with new shafts:

After I reshafted my R9 driver w xcaliber shaft, initial 2 sessions at range was not able to launch the ball (shaft was not giving any "kick").
Somehow during the 3rd range session, the shaft seems to "wake up" and starting to give a good "kick" and launching the ball well.
DGman advised that need at least 100 balls to wake up the shaft.
Happy testing out new shafts.

Experience w CG Black:

I am gaming with the CG Black, both the 10.5* and 9*, w stock CKua 39S.
Ball launches well with smooth tempo and comets swings. Aggressive swing often results in ball going in non-desired directions. Maybe explore changing shaft for fun.
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
blee67

PostSubject: Re: I bought a CG Black driver.   I bought a CG Black driver. I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2012 1:03 pm

BabyCroc wrote:
I think some shafts need to be run in before they come to life, or produce more consistent ball flights. May take 50-200 balls.

If shamusan runs in the shaft for you, maybe 5 swings enough already. lol!

No need la, the shaft heard the name Sham, not run in, run away..... clown
Back to top Go down
entity
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: I bought a CG Black driver.   I bought a CG Black driver. I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2012 8:33 am

I think the thread title can be changed soon... Razz

@richardyeo, which Cally driver are you aiming now, the Extreme-ly enticing one maybe?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I bought a CG Black driver.   I bought a CG Black driver. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I bought a CG Black driver.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next