Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What to do when you bought a club that doesnt suit you?

Go down 
+16
Duval_S
blee67
Gray
golfool2009
weesern
Technospaz
Birdman
jaketang
mizzy
DGman
Turbo
jimmychoo
skybobo
nrafee
andrew-golf
nebo_81
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
nebo_81
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
nebo_81

What to do when you bought a club that doesnt suit you? Empty
PostSubject: What to do when you bought a club that doesnt suit you?   What to do when you bought a club that doesnt suit you? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 1:34 pm

Hi

I just began learning golf for awhile, kind on and off ... so still not consistant with even getting the ball to fly up and straight.

Recently bought a driver with a stiff-regular shaft ... which felt kinda good at a shop. But .... recently went to the range with a friend and ... his stiff shaft felt better. When I test at the shop, I tend to swing slower and use less force ... coz .... miss the ball or if it hits to the side very malu ...
The sales person recommended based on what he saw ... so he's not to blame.

So..what do you do when you bought a club, but later found out that it didnt suit you? Sell and buy another one ?

Does this happen often in the begining ?
How to know what suits a new learner ... when ... quite frankly ... I've no idea what's good or bad ?

Back to top Go down
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
andrew-golf

PostSubject: Re: What to do when you bought a club that doesnt suit you?   What to do when you bought a club that doesnt suit you? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 1:38 pm

hmmm

since its already a used club...

what i normally do is to train till i can hit the clus...

sometimes just need time to build relationship with it till you get the feel
Back to top Go down
nrafee
Caddy
Caddy
nrafee

PostSubject: Re: What to do when you bought a club that doesnt suit you?   What to do when you bought a club that doesnt suit you? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 1:42 pm

Sell it fast.

club will only depreciate. you are not keeping fine wine or antique here..

As a seasoned beginner myself, and a cheap club junkie, i have bought many items and sold them when i feel that i can't handle it. (or actually need it)

I recommend buying 2nd hand stuff from the bro here.. unless of course a $600 driver is cheap to you.
Back to top Go down
skybobo
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What to do when you bought a club that doesnt suit you?   What to do when you bought a club that doesnt suit you? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 1:43 pm

Get the swing right first.
Equipment can come later.
If can, visit Joe and get 2nd hand club, try out a few here and there.
Once u have a consistent swing, then venture into equipment.

Sorry back to your question, if u really cannot handle stiff shaft, maybe u can sell off and get a reg shaft.

Just my 2 cents.
Back to top Go down
jimmychoo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jimmychoo

PostSubject: Re: What to do when you bought a club that doesnt suit you?   What to do when you bought a club that doesnt suit you? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 1:44 pm

I think first you need to know is - how you know that the stiff shaft suit you better?

Is it because it feel more stable?

Is it because the printing tell you it is a "Stiff"?

scratch
Back to top Go down
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
andrew-golf

PostSubject: Re: What to do when you bought a club that doesnt suit you?   What to do when you bought a club that doesnt suit you? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 1:44 pm

stiff regular shaft is not totally stiff
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: What to do when you bought a club that doesnt suit you?   What to do when you bought a club that doesnt suit you? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 2:04 pm

The best is to consult a qualified clubfitter. He has the hardware and software to test your clubhead speed and swing speed in order to determine what kinda shaft suits you.
Back to top Go down
nebo_81
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
nebo_81

PostSubject: Re: What to do when you bought a club that doesnt suit you?   What to do when you bought a club that doesnt suit you? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 6:38 pm

Thanks for being so kind and understanding, with all the advice and suggestions.

I think I prefer a stiff shaft coz my swing is quite fast.
Actually ... one problem I face when using a regular shaft is, I can feel the grip slip/spin in my hand when or just before impact with the ball.
I sent another regular flex driver for re-griping to a larger size, and although there's less slip/spin it's still there.

I thought it was a problem with my grip, but when I tried my friend's stiff shaft driver... no problem.
Den I try again on my regular ... got problem.
Yet ... how does the shaft affect this slip/spin ?

So back to this stiff-regular shaft driver ....
the grip also slip/spin.... hai ...
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: What to do when you bought a club that doesnt suit you?   What to do when you bought a club that doesnt suit you? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 9:35 pm

the funny thing i find about golfer is they will keep buying golf equipment but they do not realized its sometimes equipment mismatch and sometimes a swing mismatch.

assuming they have a very good swing, they will do well if they take the time to try out and find out what suits them best. Even when they do, they keep knocking around for the best price and some are willing to compromise performance over price.

when all else fail, they quickly unload their equipment, lose money in the process and start all over again.

i have used my driver for over one and half years and in my opinion i am just getting to know my driver. in the past 3 months, i must have gain 20 meters and my kakis can attest to it.

so the solutions are:

1. buy and sell until you find the right driver
2. find out how you can optimise your game and stick to the game plan
3. change sports

DGman

Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
mizzy
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
mizzy

PostSubject: Re: What to do when you bought a club that doesnt suit you?   What to do when you bought a club that doesnt suit you? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 9:54 pm

bro nebo,

my first driver purchase was r7. it didn't suit me. i dumped it and pick up a r5 dual.
still using it.

recently tried a r9 with fubuki shaft on LM.. nutted a 250m and was damn tempted..
but i'm still learning my r5. confidence that i can hit it is high and prob won't change it.

everyone has their own story. you'll find yours.
Back to top Go down
jaketang
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What to do when you bought a club that doesnt suit you?   What to do when you bought a club that doesnt suit you? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 9:57 pm

DGman wrote:
the funny thing i find about golfer is they will keep buying golf equipment but they do not realized its sometimes equipment mismatch and sometimes a swing mismatch.

assuming they have a very good swing, they will do well if they take the time to try out and find out what suits them best. Even when they do, they keep knocking around for the best price and some are willing to compromise performance over price.

when all else fail, they quickly unload their equipment, lose money in the process and start all over again.

i have used my driver for over one and half years and in my opinion i am just getting to know my driver. in the past 3 months, i must have gain 20 meters and my kakis can attest to it.

so the solutions are:

1. buy and sell until you find the right driver
2. find out how you can optimise your game and stick to the game plan
3. change sports

DGman

clap clap

listen to the boss..... Smile
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: What to do when you bought a club that doesnt suit you?   What to do when you bought a club that doesnt suit you? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 10:00 pm

mizzy wrote:
bro nebo,

my first driver purchase was r7. it didn't suit me. i dumped it and pick up a r5 dual.
still using it.

recently tried a r9 with fubuki shaft on LM.. nutted a 250m and was damn tempted..
but i'm still learning my r5. confidence that i can hit it is high and prob won't change it.

I knew you had superpowers VD Man! Nutted it 250m with an R9, still stick to r5 for what! By the time you master the r5, it will R911 already. ROFL
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: What to do when you bought a club that doesnt suit you?   What to do when you bought a club that doesnt suit you? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 10:04 pm

I've tried many drivers... none suit me Sad
Back to top Go down
weesern
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
weesern

PostSubject: Re: What to do when you bought a club that doesnt suit you?   What to do when you bought a club that doesnt suit you? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 10:07 pm

Technospaz wrote:

if this is the case i guess u need to change yourself to suit the driver liao....
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: What to do when you bought a club that doesnt suit you?   What to do when you bought a club that doesnt suit you? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 10:09 pm

weesern wrote:
Technospaz wrote:

if this is the case i guess u need to change yourself to suit the driver liao....

I think I'm going to change tees Razz
Back to top Go down
mizzy
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
mizzy

PostSubject: Re: What to do when you bought a club that doesnt suit you?   What to do when you bought a club that doesnt suit you? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 10:14 pm

Birdman wrote:
mizzy wrote:
bro nebo,

still using it.

I knew you had superpowers VD Man! Nutted it 250m with an R9, still stick to r5 for what! By the time you master the r5, it will R911 already. ROFL

i'm taking the high road.. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: What to do when you bought a club that doesnt suit you?   What to do when you bought a club that doesnt suit you? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 10:15 pm

LOL! VD Man... Sorry, bro Mizzy... I didn't know that it stuck... in more ways than one Smile HOHO!
Back to top Go down
golfool2009
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
golfool2009

PostSubject: Re: What to do when you bought a club that doesnt suit you?   What to do when you bought a club that doesnt suit you? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 10:17 pm

Technospaz wrote:
weesern wrote:
Technospaz wrote:

That's the most ridiculous thing i've ever heard...clearly, it's your shoelaces that need to be changed....i hear velcro straightens slices and adds ten yards...it worked for me!!!
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: What to do when you bought a club that doesnt suit you?   What to do when you bought a club that doesnt suit you? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 10:20 pm

golfool2009 wrote:
Technospaz wrote:
weesern wrote:
Technospaz wrote:

That's the most ridiculous thing i've ever heard...clearly, it's your shoelaces that need to be changed....i hear velcro straightens slices and adds ten yards...it worked for me!!!

I thought it's cause you started to wear briefs instead of boxers.
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: What to do when you bought a club that doesnt suit you?   What to do when you bought a club that doesnt suit you? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 10:21 pm

mizzy wrote:
Birdman wrote:
mizzy wrote:
bro nebo,

still using it.

Does that mean I get to see an a** hole everytime I look up to talk to you? geek
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: What to do when you bought a club that doesnt suit you?   What to do when you bought a club that doesnt suit you? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 10:22 pm

Birdman wrote:
mizzy wrote:
Birdman wrote:
mizzy wrote:
bro nebo,

still using it.

Does that mean I get to see an a** hole everytime I look up to talk to you? geek

My eyes... my eyes!!!
Back to top Go down
mizzy
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
mizzy

PostSubject: Re: What to do when you bought a club that doesnt suit you?   What to do when you bought a club that doesnt suit you? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 10:25 pm

Birdman wrote:
mizzy wrote:
Birdman wrote:
mizzy wrote:
bro nebo,

still using it.

i dunno, ask GF, he is probably wearing a G string.. best bet to see the little brown eye.. ROFL
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: What to do when you bought a club that doesnt suit you?   What to do when you bought a club that doesnt suit you? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 10:25 pm

Technospaz wrote:
Birdman wrote:
mizzy wrote:
Birdman wrote:
mizzy wrote:
bro nebo,

still using it.

My eyes... my eyes!!!

See the power of VD Man TS? The pus dripping down has blinded you! Who needs dripping acid blood from Aliens when you have VD Man?
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: What to do when you bought a club that doesnt suit you?   What to do when you bought a club that doesnt suit you? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 10:26 pm

It's one of those things... like seeing a car accident. You know it's going to be bad for you mentally but you can't help but to look.

Suay!
Back to top Go down
mizzy
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
mizzy

PostSubject: Re: What to do when you bought a club that doesnt suit you?   What to do when you bought a club that doesnt suit you? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 10:28 pm

guys, don't make me fart in your eyes.. the gas burns.. u have been warned... What a Face
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What to do when you bought a club that doesnt suit you?   What to do when you bought a club that doesnt suit you? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What to do when you bought a club that doesnt suit you?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next